Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In association with RMT productions...

GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130

I bring you debate on the facilitation of Power-Levelers and Account Farmers!

When it comes to the various gilseller services there is more to consider than the manipulation of the in-game economy. RMT's provide services by at once exploiting the game and its players. They first ruin your chances of having a fair shot at drops by camping in conjunction with bottin, and and then sell said drops for ridiculously high prices at the auction house making it impossible for some to acquire certain items. Honestly, I don't know how they get paid, except I remember the saying "never underestimate stupid people in large numbers". As many accounts that get banned with each sweep, and still not getting them all, those are certainly some very large numbers.

But I've already expressed my opinions on NM drops in a similar thread. What I'd like to hear are your opinions of PL'ing and Account farming / selling! A Power-Leveler is an experienced high-level player (whm, rdm, sch) who heals members of a party that would otherwise fail at defeating the monsters they pull. Almost everyone has had the help of a PL at times, but at no point can a person claim that having one was absolutely necessary to make progress in the game. Some of you may have witnessed account farming during your adventures, they're easily recognizeable; a party of similarly named players on auto-follow, all dressed the identical same gear.

This is just for debate / discussion and hearing other opinions, not flaming or suggestions for Square-Enix to impliment in their next MMORPG. So here are my questions:

Should it be possible to Power-Level other characters? I'm not asking whether or not it's possible or even likely to put a stop to it, I'm asking whether you think that PLing is more positive or negative.

Do you think players should be allowed to sell their retired account? Some people would argue that time is money, and that with all the time and effort and money they've invested, they should be able to get a little something back. What about you?

Abraxas [365]

Comments

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613
    Originally posted by Gameslave

I bring you debate on the facilitation of Power-Levelers and Account Farmers!
    When it comes to the various gilseller services there is more to consider than the manipulation of the in-game economy. RMT's provide services by at once exploiting the game and its players. They first ruin your chances of having a fair shot at drops by camping in conjunction with bottin, and and then sell said drops for ridiculously high prices at the auction house making it impossible for some to acquire certain items. Honestly, I don't know how they get paid, except I remember the saying "never underestimate stupid people in large numbers". As many accounts that get banned with each sweep, and still not getting them all, those are certainly some very large numbers.
    But I've already expressed my opinions on NM drops in a similar thread. What I'd like to hear are your opinions of PL'ing and Account farming / selling! A Power-Leveler is an experienced high-level player (whm, rdm, sch) who heals members of a party that would otherwise fail at defeating the monsters they pull. Almost everyone has had the help of a PL at times, but at no point can a person claim that having one was absolutely necessary to make progress in the game. Some of you may have witnessed account farming during your adventures, they're easily recognizeable; a party of similarly named players on auto-follow, all dressed the identical same gear.
    This is just for debate / discussion and hearing other opinions, not flaming or suggestions for Square-Enix to impliment in their next MMORPG. So here are my questions:
    Should it be possible to Power-Level other characters? I'm not asking whether or not it's possible or even likely to put a stop to it, I'm asking whether you think that PLing is more positive or negative.
    Do you think players should be allowed to sell their retired account? Some people would argue that time is money, and that with all the time and effort and money they've invested, they should be able to get a little something back. What about you?

Should it be possible to Power-Level other characters? NO

Do you think players should be allowed to sell their retired account? NO

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Gameslave

My personal stance is that it souldn't. Take away healing random passers by, or healing members outside of your party, and you take away the ability to PL. This would get rid of all those whiney piss & moan woe-is-me crybabies in the game that /search for high level whm, rdm, and sch and harrass them with begging for PL help, alleviating that burden on endgamers once and for all. Not only that, but as I'm sure almost everyone has accepted the help of a PL'er in Valkurm Dunes, at times some of the party members were newbies. What many fail to understand is that Valkurm Dunes is supposed to be as hard as it is (or was a few years ago). And many people will agree that it was crucial for learning to perform your job properly. A lot of lessons are hard-learned while your face is buried in the sand, and without them you get inexperienced players, pullers casters tanks or otherwise, who cause consistent party-wipes which quite frankly should not happen beyond Valkurm Dunes.
    Unless you're selling your account back to Square-Enix (who has no reason to buy your account back from you) my position is the same here. A person pays to play an MMORPG, and unless they're a member of the development team it's never the other way around. The argument in question should not translate in any way to RMT. You pay for a the game so that you may play it. You pay for monthly services to pay the staff that maintain the game (Quality Assurance) and fund future content. If you're arguing that Square-Enix isn't doing a well enough job on either of these counts, you stop paying to play - boycott of necessary, until they take a hit hard enough to motivate them to fix it.

My final question is this:

Many people refer to Final Fantasy XIV to - the 'sequel' of Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XI 2.0. Being that it's Square-Enix's second MMORPG with similar character models as their first, that much is understandable until we're given more information that once and for all separates one from the other. In interviews it is expressed that they themselves do not consider XIV to be a sequel to XI and that they hope players will have reason to continue playing both.

So what, if anything, will set these two titles apart from each other? As of right now I have no input on this matter. Aside from the character development system and some suggestions I've posted in other threads, the game does tragically look the same, save for better graphics and an excuse to use my PS3 more often.

Abraxas [365]