Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoy Guinness!

PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3266819.stm 

Enjoy a pint or in my case mainly a bottle of Guiness.   Don't know if it will help you live longer but it will make you live happier.

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Yea but Guiness tastes horrible (apparently). Infact I've heard beer tastes horrible.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Man1ac

Yea but Guiness tastes horrible (apparently). Infact I've heard beer tastes horrible.

It's not as bad as coffee.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

My Brother Wont Drink beer at all. Says its crap.

No idea myself I dont drink.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Hmm, I will have to go test this finding out right now.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I enjoy Guiness as well as other thicker alcoholic drinks. I used to like Miller, Bud, Coors, but after drinking heavier stuff I just can't go back to the rice beers. I like the harsher, bitter stuff like Arrogant Bastard Ales and Rogue Ales. All the old stuff I used to drink tastes like piss water.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I love Guinness and all other thick, malty beverages. There is a non-alcoholic version of Guinness that I enjoy; I generally prefer non-alcoholic beer to alcoholic beer. I guess I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually enjoys the taste of beer.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by //\//\oo

I love Guinness and all other thick, malty beverages. There is a non-alcoholic version of Guinness that I enjoy; I generally prefer non-alcoholic beer to alcoholic beer. I guess I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually enjoys the taste of beer.

well, you're one of the few people on this planet who enjoys the taste of non-alcoholic beer.  If you enjoyed the taste of beer, youd enjoy it the way its been brewed since before the birth of christ.

and the reality is we're getting further and further from what beer really is (or was).  Yep, think im gonna have to go grab a pack of dogfish head

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

well, you're one of the few people on this planet who enjoys the taste of non-alcoholic beer.  If you enjoyed the taste of beer, youd enjoy it the way its been brewed since before the birth of christ.
    and the reality is we're getting further and further from what beer really is (or was).  Yep, think im gonna have to go grab a pack of dogfish head

A good non-alcoholic beer tastes the same, but without the ethanol after taste. I lived in the beer capital of the world where the beer was literally cheaper than bottled water and I enjoyed it both ways; I prefer non-alcoholic, because the alcohol tends to give me indigestion, although I'm more than capable of downing two pitchers by myself and walking in a straight line.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.