Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan is a great game right now.

I played for 2 whole weeks, back at release. I used to get like 5 fps, and the server lag was insane. On top of that, the gameplay was extremely buggy, i thought the game was terrible, at that time.

Well i started again a week ago, my character is only level 30 right now, but its TONS better than the last time around. The scenery is beatiful and doesn't lag a shitload now, so a person can enjoy it. I have 2gb of ram, an old dual core processor, and a radeon 512mb 4870 video card, and i have NO issues with lag. On high settings with shadows on ultra resolution, i average over 30fps for SURE, as long as my comps temp is under 58 degrees. 

People should stop bashing this game if they haven't tried it again. It may not continue, i have 50 levels to go, but even if the game started to suck now, i would have got my 30 bucks worth. considering people pay 50 bucks or more for rpg's they play once, i have already played as much as mos tsingle player games last, and am having a blast still.

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

There will always be "trolls" in internet forums. You eventually learn to tune them out.

The key factor is long as you are having fun playing the game that is what matters. I am having fun playing AoC as well. So welcome to AoC, I hope you continue to have fun playing the game.  

• smishersmisher Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by catlana

There will always be "trolls" in internet forums. You eventually learn to tune them out.

The key factor is long as you are having fun playing the game that is what matters. I am having fun playing AoC as well. So welcome to AoC, I hope you continue to have fun playing the game.  

but this specific forum seems to have the highest density of trolls ever, i tryied going through some threads in here and it is practically impossible to get a decent piece of information without going throu loads of crap, same trolls spamming and posting the same stupid sentence over and over and over again... all the threads without exception are plagued with clear repetitive troll spams. i wonder why those guys are allowed to post. 

and in reply to the thread:

i played AoC for quite a while now, i was on and off because i play many other mmos and because of work etc... the game sucked bad at launch, was still bad after 6 months but got much much better after 1 year. the enhancement are clear and visible. those who say that the game is still as bad as it was at launch, didnt play at launch, are not playing the game now or are lying trolls. 

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

You know, I hated it at release too. I tried again a few months later and couldn't stomch taking a character to level 10. But I tried it again a few days ago and I've had fun playing. There seems to be more people than my second attempt, so that helps. The only thing I really dreaded this time around is having to play Tortage again. It was fun once, ok a second time and this time around it got boring.

so nobody is alowed to express himself unless he gets to 80? thanks MR dictator but we are not gonna obey that rule.

but ill tell you what we real dont need, and that is commants by people who actually dont play the game, and thats because we do not listen to movie reviews by people who actually dint watch the movie at all.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by smisher

so nobody is alowed to express himself unless he gets to 80? thanks MR dictator but we are not gonna obey that rule.

but ill tell you what we real dont need, and that is commants by people who actually dont play the game, and thats because we do not listen to movie reviews by people who actually dint watch the movie at all.

Thing is if you had expressed your opinion and it had been negative Badboybill would applauded it. ;)

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Originally posted by badboybill

So nobody is allowed to express themselves unless they currently play the game? The OP lists performance issues as the main reasons why AoC sucked at launch but is amazing now. That doesn't change anything for me as I had 60+ fps at launch and very little lag. I stopped playing because I didn't like the game, not because of performance issues, or bugs, or whatever. I don't need to be playing now to know that the game is still heavily instanced, that I don't like the combat system, and that I found the content very boring(Including Tortage, which a lot of people claimed was great).

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Originally posted by Abrahmm

Originally posted by badboybill

So nobody is allowed to express themselves unless they currently play the game? The OP lists performance issues as the main reasons why AoC sucked at launch but is amazing now. That doesn't change anything for me as I had 60+ fps at launch and very little lag. I stopped playing because I didn't like the game, not because of performance issues, or bugs, or whatever. I don't need to be playing now to know that the game is still heavily instanced, that I don't like the combat system, and that I found the content very boring(Including Tortage, which a lot of people claimed was great).

no, not if they are expressing themselves about things that have changed in the game.

thats considering that "actually" stands for "currently" which is actually not ;)

but this specific forum seems to have the highest density of trolls ever, i tryied going through some threads in here and it is practically impossible to get a decent piece of information without going throu loads of crap, same trolls spamming and posting the same stupid sentence over and over and over again... all the threads without exception are plagued with clear repetitive troll spams. i wonder why those guys are allowed to post. 

and in reply to the thread:

i played AoC for quite a while now, i was on and off because i play many other mmos and because of work etc... the game sucked bad at launch, was still bad after 6 months but got much much better after 1 year. the enhancement are clear and visible. those who say that the game is still as bad as it was at launch, didnt play at launch, are not playing the game now or are lying trolls. 

AoC launch verus now is indeed a huge difference. AoC has made tremendous improvements since launch. Filling in quest areas for all levels was particularly nice. I also particularly like the new and redone instances. I quit playing AoC for quite awhile despite being a fan of the Conan lore because of the issues with launch.

Now, I will not say that AoC is for everybody. AoC is a fun casual MMO. You can jump into AoC, have fun, and then go back to your real life pretty easily. AoC has alot of different fun things to do.

However, players wanting a second job / another life will not be happy in AoC (they should go play Eve). Players wanting a grueling / grinding but incredibily rewarding trade skill system will not be happy. Players who do not like instances (*I especially like the story telling capability of instances*) will most likely not be happy in AoC. The same could be said for those players wanting forced grouping (they should go play FFXI).

Now, there are areas where AoC could use more things to do. I would like more pvp mini game styles for example. I like the changes for guilds giving you more purpose in actions coming in 1.06. Guild rankings give you more to do at level 80. If you are not a hard core raider, more things to do at 80 is needed (another instance coming in 1.06 for example is nice).

Peeps with a valid point, I will respond to. Trolls, I just ignore.

• CuddlyBunnyCuddlyBunny Member Posts: 51

Are Dark Templars "Fixed" yet????

Originally posted by CuddlyBunny

Are Dark Templars "Fixed" yet????

Dark Templars not as good of a tank as a Guardian. However, Dark Templars can now wear plate and make good tanks for party based instances and excellant off tanks for raids.  For pvp, casters are pretty dominate atm but melee are getting buffs.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

AoC launch verus now is indeed a huge difference. AoC has made tremendous improvements since launch. Filling in quest areas for all levels was particularly nice. I also particularly like the new and redone instances. I quit playing AoC for quite awhile despite being a fan of the Conan lore because of the issues with launch.
    Now, I will not say that AoC is for everybody. AoC is a fun casual MMO. You can jump into AoC, have fun, and then go back to your real life pretty easily. AoC has alot of different fun things to do.
    However, players wanting a second job / another life will not be happy in AoC (they should go play Eve). Players wanting a grueling / grinding but incredibily rewarding trade skill system will not be happy. Players who do not like instances (*I especially like the story telling capability of instances*) will most likely not be happy in AoC. The same could be said for those players wanting forced grouping (they should go play FFXI).
    Now, there are areas where AoC could use more things to do. I would like more pvp mini game styles for example. I like the changes for guilds giving you more purpose in actions coming in 1.06. Guild rankings give you more to do at level 80. If you are not a hard core raider, more things to do at 80 is needed (another instance coming in 1.06 for example is nice).

I partly agree with you on AoC being primarily a game for casual players.

I disagree with the notion that you can't go semi-professionall here. I meet those players almost every day.

But for me personally, that is what makes AoC suit me. I'm somewhere in between, and after being  guild officer in my last game, doing "24/7" raiding, I think AoC is great in the way I can jump in and have fun without spending a lot of time on preparations.

I have one lvl 80 char that I raid and siege with, and 5 other that are between 30-60, that I mainly use for pvp.

What I would like to see added to the game now is cross realm mini-games, and also more different types of pvp-games. Also sieges need more tuning to play smoothly on more than silicone graphics 'puters.

With the efficiency of improvements and added content lately, I hope it won't be too long.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

What many seem to not understand is the OP is a 'troll' post.  (by their own definition)

Yep, it offers no real insight into the gameplay, is merely an opinion piece and begs people to disagree with it.

Which is what happened.

Glad to hear its a better game now (to be expected though) but instructing others to not share their opinions on a forum clearly designed for exactly that purpose is rather pointless.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Barteaux

I partly agree with you on AoC being primarily a game for casual players.

I disagree with the notion that you can't go semi-professionall here. I meet those players almost every day.

But for me personally, that is what makes AoC suit me. I'm somewhere in between, and after being  guild officer in my last game, doing "24/7" raiding, I think AoC is great in the way I can jump in and have fun without spending a lot of time on preparations.

I have one lvl 80 char that I raid and siege with, and 5 other that are between 30-60, that I mainly use for pvp.

What I would like to see added to the game now is cross realm mini-games, and also more different types of pvp-games. Also sieges need more tuning to play smoothly on more than silicone graphics 'puters.

With the efficiency of improvements and added content lately, I hope it won't be too long.

I was a raid leader through Naxx in Vanilla WoW and Sunwell in BC WoW. I remember lots and lots of schlo runs for flasks. I eventually needed to shift away from hard core raiding. However, I can see your point about some players playing at a different level than others. I played WoW differently than my brother-in-law and nephews did (none of which saw past MC). I see no reason why someone could not play AoC differently than me. So I will retrack my statement there. 

I will also agree with you regarding more pvp mini game types and cross server mini games. I have fun in pvp mini games but it would be nice to see different folks / maps as well. AoC has come a long way since I first played the game. I hope the improvements keep coming as well.