Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me! Wow calls me back!!

It is like the movie Jumanji...

I walk in in front of the box of wow in my room and is like native drums going all crazy!!! like bum bum bum!!! and it jumps! and little asian girls scream play with us !! join us once again.

Then i go out to the mall.. and then i walk in front of a gamestop and is the same jumanji all over again.

Is like something inside of me, the internal geeky child inside of me that loves wow wants to play again.

The problem is that im afraid, very afraid. YES! im a pussy... i dont wanna be addicted again.

I know how it is... first week is like hmm yeah ill only play two hours here and there, and then it becomes playing from 12pm to 5am... i cant handle it!

It will be till Aion comes out anyway!

What to do!!!

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

Comments

• UnondelUnondel Member Posts: 14

Hey oski, look over there!!!  >>>

*points to the distance*

*knocks oski over the head and drags him back to WoW*

• glommaglomma Member Posts: 209

WB, we have missed you.

Thrall.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Unondel

*points to the distance*

Oski wakes up and hes strapped to a blood soaked bench in the apothacary labs deep inside undercity. "so Oski I zee you have returned, well vee have a little surprize for you..." aski is shown some parchment inscribed with his visa transactions, his face contorts as his worst nightmare has come true.. he has subscribed to wow for another month.. Oski lets out an all mighty scream that echoes through every corner of undercity "NOOOOooooooo.....". The apothacary cackles to himself  "its no good Oski you are here now and here you v-will stay... FOREVER!... Muh-ha Mu-ha Mu-hahahahahahahaha"

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

J...just come back...

RIP Orc Choppa

• JoazJoaz Member Posts: 1

Through the lord our Jesus Christ's help we can fight this urge.

• samelizabethsamelizabeth Member Posts: 69

Every now and again I go back to wow, I feel it calling me.  Usually I go back for months at a time.  Recently I went back, and was only there for a month, I dunno how your wow addiction works, but for me it only lasts as long as there is things to do in game, and soon you run out, unless you want to level yet another alt, or start over on yet another server.

so even if it gets you again, hopefully it wont last for long

for me, and this is 100% a personal opinion, this time I came back the game was so far removed from what it was, I don't think the temptation will ever catch me again :(.  And yes, I was a wow addict, played since release so thats a sad thought :(

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by oskironmaide

I walk in in front of the box of wow in my room and is like native drums going all crazy!!! like bum bum bum!!! and it jumps! and little asian girls scream play with us !! join us once again.
    Then i go out to the mall.. and then i walk in front of a gamestop and is the same jumanji all over again.
    Is like something inside of me, the internal geeky child inside of me that loves wow wants to play again.
    The problem is that im afraid, very afraid. YES! im a pussy... i dont wanna be addicted again.
    I know how it is... first week is like hmm yeah ill only play two hours here and there, and then it becomes playing from 12pm to 5am... i cant handle it!
    What to do!!!

Just go and play, the longer you hold it the stronger it becomes, you know you can't resist. Every now and then I hop in for some playing too, and while waiting for Aion release I just need to have fun in my free time.

• LannisterLannister Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by EricDanie

the longer you hold it the stronger it becomes, you know you can't resist

that's what she said

• UnondelUnondel Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by coffee

Originally posted by Unondel

*points to the distance*

Oski wakes up and hes strapped to a blood soaked bench in the apothacary labs deep inside undercity. "so Oski I zee you have returned, well vee have a little surprize for you..." aski is shown some parchment inscribed with his visa transactions, his face contorts as his worst nightmare has come true.. he has subscribed to wow for another month.. Oski lets out an all mighty scream that echoes through every corner of undercity "NOOOOooooooo.....". The apothacary cackles to himself  "its no good Oski you are here now and here you v-will stay... FOREVER!... Muh-ha Mu-ha Mu-hahahahahahahaha"

Oski finally walks out of Undercity and he's surprised, every noob has t8.5 bought from only doing heroics, he turns to see a lowbie who only paid a few gold for his epic flying mount go by, the kid is soooo noob that his mount is gobbles from South Park. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!! PLS KILL ME!!!!" Yells Oski, just then he gets selected to go into WG, his opportunity to commit suicide has finally showed up, except that as soon as he gets ported there he gets ported back out because the once mighty pvp area now has a player limit, and he was the 101 person to go in.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Haha...

I swear... I've lost count of the number of times I've quit WoW only to come back a couple of months later. Even when I try to be rational and tell myself that there is not much to do because I'm not much of a raider and tend to go solo most of the time because the community sucks... yada yada yada... I still can't let it go.

It's the same old, same old. I quit and everything is fine for a while as I spend my time playing some other MMO. But then the shine starts to wear off and I think back to the first time in open beta when I entered Stormwind with the music blasting. That moment was more epic than all the purples I've ever worn. Then we have the bright colors that whisks away any winter depression I might be going through (it gets awfully dark here in the winter). Not to forget the fact that the druid is just awesome to me and I can't find any class in any other MMO that gets close to it. Oh, and the crazy Braveheart style mass battles that you can engage in at a moments notice... and weird things like gnomes on motorcycles lol... the world is just so well put together and doesn't try to take itself too serious, yet there's plenty of opportunity to get all serious if you want.

But despite all that, I just can't do the 12pm to 5am thing anymore. It's usually a couple of hours here and there before I get bored. It still adds up, but I think I've reached the point where I've been there and bought the t-shirt so many times that my closet is about to explode. I guess 10 years of playing MMOs is to blame.

Still... I could see myself becoming hardcore again if I found the right people (which is unfortnately rather difficult in WoW it seems) and I fear that if the rumor of the worgen being in the next expansion pack turns out to be true... well... I'm gonna be stuck levelling up a zillion worgens then

Anyway... I'd say give it a shot... RL is highly overrated anyway and waaay too hardcore... it's nothing but a dull grind of job and household dailies. Takes forever to level and the death penalty is sick. Too much downtime as well and the loot sucks. Repair/consumable costs are insane and you'll most likely never be able to afford a flying mount... heck... maybe not even a fast ground mount for that matter.

So yeah... go for WoW

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Joaz

Nope sorry, not even the guy whose father was responsible for more deaths in the bible than Satan can save him now.   

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Come play on the dark side oskironmaide, come,  your resistance is futile.......hahahaha.

• oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336

You are all very funny haha for sure you all made my day...

God. i guess everyone is right, the longer i hold the harder it will become. Resistance is futile..

Back to wow i am :P, ill re active my account when i get home.

Still i do it very very scared lol.

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

null

Grrrr.. damn "null" again... think ill stop posting from work.. would you believe I work for VirginMedia National and we still use Internet Explorer 5.5. bah.. dont get me started.

tried to say:

Its a good time to come back, 3.2 patch starts next week (get downloading now its about 400mb).

• new 40v40 battle ground (with seige weapons)
    • new 5/10/25 man dungeon/raid
    • new boss added to the VOA in wintergrasp
    • Wintergrasp capped to 100v100 (to help resolve lag issues)
    • Earn EXP in battlegrounds
    • Turn off PvE EXP if you wish
    • New druid animal form models and textures
    • Equipment manager (for duel specs)
    • and other small stuff.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zimzimzimzim Member Posts: 60

Start a wow Boot, get it to farm outside a maior sity, and inside to sell,,, include som buggs,, that will get you a way from wow,, perma,,,,, ahhh,, i forgot,, thay stopt banning boots in wow now.. :P

I WANT A SCI-FI MMO!! (NOT EVE, or Fom, or FE)

Originally posted by templarga

Is next week confirmed?
    Just curious and would like to prepare in advance....you know patch days! :)

Not by blizzard, but testing is all complete now on PTR.. so everyone.. including www.wow.com are saying next week.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

What to do!!!

I'm sorry but there are two separate issues here. If playing wow for the sake of it is the issue then just play it. who cares? Seriously. you want to enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself.

However, if you have a game addiction then that is a more serious thing. Because all you are going to do is do the same thing in Aion and is that really good?

If you have a game addiction then stay away from games, play with a real life friend who can get you off at a decent time or just get help.

Otherwise just play what you enjoy. Doesn't matter if it is WoW, Hello Kitty Online or online chess.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Eve online is like that for me.

Dreaming of cyber spaceships and reading forums at work before I break and play Eve again.

I think it's the same for many MMO players doesn't matter what game you enjoy.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

You're fortunate.  I'll never be into wow like I was that first year.  As great as some things are they still get old for me.

• oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Sovrath

What to do!!!

I'm sorry but there are two separate issues here. If playing wow for the sake of it is the issue then just play it. who cares? Seriously. you want to enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself.

However, if you have a game addiction then that is a more serious thing. Because all you are going to do is do the same thing in Aion and is that really good?

If you have a game addiction then stay away from games, play with a real life friend who can get you off at a decent time or just get help.

Otherwise just play what you enjoy. Doesn't matter if it is WoW, Hello Kitty Online or online chess.

My gaming addiction is not just got any crappy games like hello kitty :D

And my gaming addiction is a positive addiction. I turned it into my career :) and soon i will be making games for a living

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by Joaz

Nope sorry, not even the guy whose father was responsible for more deaths in the bible than Satan can save him now.   

What's even worse is that people don't realize that the whole Jesus thing was just one big LARP event and the bible was just a writeup of their campaign. But somehow, things got mixed up and people believed it was real. It's the truth I tell you!

Of course... that leaves the question... what will happen 2000 years from now when they dig up old references to this mythical place called Azeroth? Maybe that'll become the new bible of the future?

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Heres how you beat WoW aka never play it again  You go outside.  That don't work get off your computer.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

What to do!!!

WoW is a fun game, that is why so many people play; it's easy to get hung up on negativity dude.

My Adivice....Heed the Call

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!