Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO2

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

This is great news , but which UO will they make ... looking forward to more news on this project..

Would be great if they brought it up to date with tech but tried to stay with RG and SL original vision of Brittania, i guess we wait to see how this one starts to unfold..

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/93321-Ultima-Online-EA-NetDragon-Set-to-Revive-UO

Comments

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681

AFAIK EA announced that this is not a sequel to UO, the news story was posted on this site last week and had the disclaimer along with it.

I was just as excited when I first read it but then realised it was just a license to produce a UO type game for the Asian market, nothing that would be totally new or along the lines of the cancelled UO2 project .

However if this is something that isn't along the same lines as the recent announcement from EA that was posted on this site then my apologies for jumping the gun.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

EA already canceled UO2 once, duno what will happend with the second try...

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Perhaps EA has realized tossing out WoW clones, hasn't done them much good. And trying to revamp the looks of the current UO and adding more and more crap items hasn't really brought back the players either.

Perhaps, crazy as it sounds...EA has heard many players who would like to see pre-aos UO, and figured out there is a decent market out their for those MMO players...who have been MMOless for years.

Or perhaps they are just gonna toss out another WoW/EQ clone and not even bother with the original UO playstyle.

Either way...I will definately keep an eye on this one...and hope to see Brit bank updated to todays graphics.