Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 Server Transfers reduced to 25.00

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

after years of charging 50.00 for a character transfer

the transfer price is now 25.00 and can be done thru the Station Marketplace

FAQ - Automated Character Transfers Through Station Marketplace

eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm

Comments

• WOWthatsucksWOWthatsucks Member Posts: 164

wow 50$ for a transfer, thats insane. glad i did away with eq1 before eq2 came out........

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I can remember last year when we were coming back to play The Living Legacy promotion a few of my guild mates, including me, were on different servers than our current guild is playing on. Some people did pay the $50.00 to transfer, I just started new characters.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Originally posted by WOWthatsucks
    wow 50$ for a transfer, thats insane. glad i did away with eq1 before eq2 came out........

The $50 buck price was partly there to discourage Server Hoppers (considering there was limited Character Creation). I don't ever recall it being $50 dollars to transfer in the original EQ, but then you could make 8 characters per server in EQ.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

wow even $25 seems too much

• tarviktarvik Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by BuzWeaver

Originally posted by WOWthatsucks

The $50 buck price was partly there to discourage Server Hoppers (considering there was limited Character Creation). I don't ever recall it being $50 dollars to transfer in the original EQ, but then you could make 8 characters per server in EQ.

eq1 $50 to transfer  server with no gear  -- $75 with gear

EDIT: just checked an  dont know when they did it but character transfer with items is $50 as well.. use to be $75