Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The roleplay server.

glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338

Does anybody know if the roleplaying server has any roleplay? I have the EQ1 trial, but I can't get beyond the tutorial zone. I can use my friend EQ1 vet's inactive account but I'd need to wait till next month.

$oE wants their money before you can tell if you want to buy the game or not, which makes no sense. 

Comments

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

Uh...you are playing the trial correct...so yes SOE wants their money before you finish playing the whole game...what do you expect to be able to get to level 79 before you pay.  Dumbest crap ive read in a while...and there is a lot of dumb crap on this site.  Yes there is some roleplay on the RP server...not much that I personally have ran into but there is a bit of it.

I honestly can't believe I wasted my time answering considering that fact that you are in la la land with expecting to play a game past the tutorial to decide if you want to play it or not.

=-|

• glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Originally posted by thafireball

Uh...you are playing the trial correct...so yes SOE wants their money before you finish playing the whole game...what do you expect to be able to get to level 79 before you pay.  Dumbest crap ive read in a while...and there is a lot of dumb crap on this site.  Yes there is some roleplay on the RP server...not much that I personally have ran into but there is a bit of it.

I honestly can't believe I wasted my time answering considering that fact that you are in la la land with expecting to play a game past the tutorial to decide if you want to play it or not.

=-|

Obviously you're the one in la la land if you think every other game forces you to pay before advancing past a TUTORIAL. What part of the Tutorial is supposed to help me decide if I want to buy the game? The part where you walk around talking to NPCs for that fabled stitched leather shirt and to learn commands? Also, what part of a 14 day trial lets you magically reach a level higher than... 30?

Take another hit of the crack pipe man. It might cure your idiocy.

• krenalorkrenalor Member Posts: 214
    Originally posted by glord

Does anybody know if the roleplaying server has any roleplay? I have the EQ1 trial, but I can't get beyond the tutorial zone. I can use my friend EQ1 vet's inactive account but I'd need to wait till next month.
    $oE wants their money before you can tell if you want to buy the game or not, which makes no sense. 

The so called "role play" server is a well known "ebay server", almost everything has lost the dreaded "no drop" tag, making everything sellable and also making it the biggest item selling server. There is very little actual roleplay and you might enjoy another game more with a bigger population and find a roleplay guild to enjoy the game better. I would think Lord of the Rings online would have a good roleplay guild?

Originally posted by krenalor

The so called "role play" server is a well known "ebay server", almost everything has lost the dreaded "no drop" tag, making everything sellable and also making it the biggest item selling server. There is very little actual roleplay and you might enjoy another game more with a bigger population and find a roleplay guild to enjoy the game better. I would think Lord of the Rings online would have a good roleplay guild?

Or everquest 2. I'll check there. The only problem is the trial has send tell limits and stuff.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Originally posted by thafireball

=-|

Obviously you're the one in la la land if you think every other game forces you to pay before advancing past a TUTORIAL. What part of the Tutorial is supposed to help me decide if I want to buy the game? The part where you walk around talking to NPCs for that fabled stitched leather shirt and to learn commands? Also, what part of a 14 day trial lets you magically reach a level higher than... 30?

Take another hit of the crack pipe man. It might cure your idiocy.

Everquest trial is just like the Vanguard Trial. You get 10 levels then you have to choose. Idiocy to see this well established type of trial from big mmo companies is standard. This isn't  a html mmo. If you couldnt figure out if u like the game after the first 10 then you are definatly not ready to play eq.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

EQ1 imo has more active roleplaying community than the other games mentioned.  RP isn't as big of a thing these days as before, but EQ1 still has lots of it both player generated and GM generated.   Yes, EQ1 still gets GM events on a regular basis.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by Mardy

EQ1 imo has more active roleplaying community than the other games mentioned.  RP isn't as big of a thing these days as before, but EQ1 still has lots of it both player generated and GM generated.   Yes, EQ1 still gets GM events on a regular basis.

Now to decide between buying EQ1 and EQ2...

Its difficult. EQ2 seems to have interesting combat animations/effects.

EQ's trial doesn't let me get past the tutorial so I can't even experience minor parts of the game so I'm unsure.

• LuranLuran Member Posts: 6

The game is less than $15 for all but the last expansion. So that's 95% of the game, for less than a month's subscription. Just buy a copy.

Now having seen posts before from people complaining about a free trial. If you're going to moan that you can't afford to waste $15 on a game you may or may not like, even though you have already played it, I think you're got more important things to worry about.