Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear god confused as hell

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Let me start off by saying i played EVE probably 3 years ago. Now i've come back and i'm confused as hell. Even the tutorial confused me heh so i've come here hoping to get some answers....

Do you not allot any skill points at character skill creation anymore?

Can you restart tutorial multiple times so you can recap on what you should have learn't heh

I could go on and on so any advice is appreciated :)

Pan

Comments

  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,067


    Originally posted by panache
    Let me start off by saying i played EVE probably 3 years ago. Now i've come back and i'm confused as hell. Even the tutorial confused me heh so i've come here hoping to get some answers....
    Do you not allot any skill points at character skill creation anymore?
    Can you restart tutorial multiple times so you can recap on what you should have learn't heh
    I could go on and on so any advice is appreciated :)

    Changes to new characters:
    - attributes independant on blood line
    - 50k starting skill points

    Tutorial:
    Yes, you can restart your tutorial.

    ESC -> Reset setings -> Reset tutorial state
    or
    F12 -> Tutorials tab

    Advice:
    Do the tutorial.

  • Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

    I would also like to add that while new characters start with only the most basic skills you train them at double rate until you hit 160000 SP.

    As for as starting with common attributes, all characters can now redistribute them as they wish once a year, with new characters having 2 additional remaps they can use at any time.

    The idea is to allow new players to try different skill sets out quickly so they can find what they like and stick with it.

    //insert sig here
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,067


    Originally posted by Nu11u5
    The idea is to allow new players to try different skill sets out quickly so they can find what they like and stick with it.

    Nah, the only idea is to make more $$. The new character changes are definately not new player friendly, they are favouring alts only.

  • 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Gdemami


     

    Originally posted by Nu11u5

    The idea is to allow new players to try different skill sets out quickly so they can find what they like and stick with it.

     

    Nah, the only idea is to make more $$. The new character changes are definately not new player friendly, they are favouring alts only.

     



     

    And so by what logic does that have to do with CCP being only interested in money (which of course to an extent they are since they are a commercial organization)? A sub is a sub, whether it be a new player or an alt.

    Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

  • panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

    Thanks for the tips guys :) i definately want to repeat the tutorial so the information sinks in. Doing the tutorial the first time after completing the tutorial agents missions i was sent off after the militray agent and did a few jumps to get there.

    Is there a "home base" for your loot and belongings or if i'm not careful will i end up with all kinds of stuff everywhere?

    Is it easy to get lost by doing agent missions and stray off into dangerous areas?

    Will perception and willpower be good stats to increase for a combat agent runner or should i worry about  stat relocation later?

     

    Keep any advice coming plz :)

    Pan

  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,067


    Originally posted by 0over0
    And so by what logic does that have to do with CCP being only interested in money (which of course to an extent they are since they are a commercial organization)? A sub is a sub, whether it be a new player or an alt.

    Reading comprehension is your friend...

    I simply pointed out to fact that the changes are not made towards new players as CCP presents it and Nu11u5 was refering to.

    New sub is not the same as alt sub.

  • XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

    press f10 to bring up your map, right click a system and set as destination, your autopilot will plot a roue to it, it is impossible to get lost without going through a wormhole, and finding a wormhole requires special equipment.

  • jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by panache 
    1-Is there a "home base" for your loot and belongings or if i'm not careful will i end up with all kinds of stuff everywhere?
    2-Is it easy to get lost by doing agent missions and stray off into dangerous areas?
    3-Will perception and willpower be good stats to increase for a combat agent runner or should i worry about  stat relocation later?
     
    Keep any advice coming plz :)

     

    1-You have to choose your own homebase .Your loot/belongings will be at the station where you  put them .If you move from station to station you may  have problem then buy a hauler and move your stuff to your base. weapon/ammo/ships etc you buy from market will be at the station you bought them .

    2- get lost No , dangerous space Yes possible .Read mission briefing before accepting mission and look if it is low sec or not.

     

    3-Balanced attributes better at starting i think. Youll need tanking/drone skills too for  mission runner .I would do later.

    No offence but how long did you play before leaving eve? My guess not more than trial or even did not finish 14days y . What you are asking is mostly  basics

  • brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Gdemami


     

    Originally posted by Nu11u5

    The idea is to allow new players to try different skill sets out quickly so they can find what they like and stick with it.

     

    Nah, the only idea is to make more $$. The new character changes are definately not new player friendly, they are favouring alts only.

     

    I disagree navigating through bloodlines/attributes where you can gimp yourself quickly is less friendly to new players then simply putting them through a tutorial where they go heres a webber, heres the skill to use a webber. How on earth is a new player suppose to know that the only character worth starting with is achura? The old system sucked.

    You'll hit 2m sp faster and it will be more focused with the new design so its better for both. Unless of course you wanted an instant bare minimum research alt or instant trade alt with more orders available.

  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,067


    Originally posted by brutotal
    I disagree navigating through bloodlines/attributes where you can gimp yourself quickly is less friendly to new players then simply putting them through a tutorial where they go heres a webber, heres the skill to use a webber. How on earth is a new player suppose to know that the only character worth starting with is achura? The old system sucked.
    You'll hit 2m sp faster and it will be more focused with the new design so its better for both. Unless of course you wanted an instant bare minimum research alt or instant trade alt with more orders available.

    Attributes:
    Gimp? How can you get gimped?
    Attributes are used solely for skill training and their effect is neglible. Especialy for the first year(year and a half) of training.

    New player still have to distribute the points without slightest knowledge what are attributes for. Nothing has changed here.

    Tutorial:
    You still get the webber and skill.
    No change here either.

    Skill points:
    You need about 3 weeks to train up same amount of SP as what you started with before the changes.
    Before the changes, you started with handfull skills and you could use T2 small guns right away or pick a career with racial frigate 4 and tanking skills to get right into a cruiser.
    And no, you won't hit 2M SP faster now.

    Skill wise, those changes are definately not friendly to new players...
    In fact, new players are screwed up even more since now they don't have the handfull of skills to start with and are 'open' to even more mistakes of skilling inappropriate skills and progress much slower.

    Only who can benefit from the changes are experienced players who can take the advantage of 2 free remaps and accelerated skill training used for intensive, focused and specific character development.

  • panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

    Think i played for around 2 months. I seemed to get grip of what i was doing early on but this time i seem to be overwhelmed with it all heh! Even during the first time during the combat tuturiol mission i couldn't find out where the destoyed ship was to loot it heh! then i clicked on the wrecked ship in the window on the top right of screen :)

    Have another blast on Sunday and see if things start to click :)

    Pan

Sign In or Register to comment.