Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about assisting players

ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I've done a little grouping.  I love grouping in games.  So last night I put together a group doing that dungeon near bree, some crypt, GB I think was the initials...

Anyway the dungeon was really awesome although combat was kinda chaotic but thats probably a pickup group and lower level mobs...  Anyway it was good but I came away with some questions.

Looking at combat options I found an option called forwarding an attack through my target.  This looks like it is the same as eq2 where you target the main assist and any abilities you use attack his target.  One thing I didn't see in the description of this ability was anything about autoattack.  Does autoattack work through the person you target??

Second what is the best way to setup an assist macro?  In eq2 I create a macro something like /target name then /assist or just target them.  Any thoughts on how you do something like this??

Also I was in another group earlier and somehow the group had setup an assist window where someone was the main assist and I could see there name and who they were targeting.  That was kinda nice but when I did my group nobody knew what I was talking about.

---
Ethion

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by ethion

I've done a little grouping.  I love grouping in games.  So last night I put together a group doing that dungeon near bree, some crypt, GB I think was the initials...
    Anyway the dungeon was really awesome although combat was kinda chaotic but thats probably a pickup group and lower level mobs...  Anyway it was good but I came away with some questions.
    Looking at combat options I found an option called forwarding an attack through my target.  This looks like it is the same as eq2 where you target the main assist and any abilities you use attack his target.  One thing I didn't see in the description of this ability was anything about autoattack.  Does autoattack work through the person you target??
    Second what is the best way to setup an assist macro?  In eq2 I create a macro something like /target name then /assist or just target them.  Any thoughts on how you do something like this??
    Also I was in another group earlier and somehow the group had setup an assist window where someone was the main assist and I could see there name and who they were targeting.  That was kinda nice but when I did my group nobody knew what I was talking about.

The small circle close to party-members healthbar lets you select his target. A leader of party can select members to be "fellowship/raid assist target" to help targeting. Target forwarding does let you hit the targets-target while buffing/healing your freind, not sure about auto attacs thou but Im sure its easy to find out.

Havent played EQ2 in groups so cant help with the comparrison´.

Have fun in ME :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd