Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't let SoE get their hands on this.

13»

Comments

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by jjjk29

Ok... Superman had no weaknesses but one day an alien comes looking for him breaks his back and its all over?  Ok sounds awesome to me.  Them Superman comes back to life.  Sweet and remains Super forever....
      And Batman is in my op the only good thing that ever came out of DC, besides Watchmen.  Because he has no powers and he can still beat up anyone in his path.  Including Bane.

Marvel and DC are both guilty of killing and reserecting characters.  Both have stories of Parallel Universes to explain thier mistakes. These publishers both have over arching themes to thier books to set tone.  I would wager you feel Marvel is more believable than DC, right?  There both about super-heroes; its just one is more soap-opera than the other.

At least Superman is still married.  Whats that going on with Spiderman?  He is more interesting as a loner still living at home?  Please!!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by JYCowboy

Originally posted by jjjk29

Ok... Superman had no weaknesses but one day an alien comes looking for him breaks his back and its all over?  Ok sounds awesome to me.  Them Superman comes back to life.  Sweet and remains Super forever....
      And Batman is in my op the only good thing that ever came out of DC, besides Watchmen.  Because he has no powers and he can still beat up anyone in his path.  Including Bane.

Marvel and DC are both guilty of killing and reserecting characters.  Both have stories of Parallel Universes to explain thier mistakes. These publishers both have over arching themes to thier books to set tone.  I would wager you feel Marvel is more believable than DC, right?  There both about super-heroes; its just one is more soap-opera than the other.

At least Superman is still married.  Whats that going on with Spiderman?  He is more interesting as a loner still living at home?  Please!!

Don't forget that Peter Parker is really Ben Reilley, er...Ben Reilley is really Peter Parker, er....one of the two is the clone of the other.... or some shit like that.

• critter505critter505 Member Posts: 5

I think this title will do well under SoE, reason 1) (and the most important), it's coming to the PS3 as well. Reason 2) This game is getting a lot of media coverage, so between the sales and numbers consoles recieve, this game will have enough demand to retain, and hopefully gain servers. I have to note though, all games are a gamble. Some of the best games recieve little sales, while some crappy games break sales records, (cough gears of war 1/2 cough). But, all jokes aside, I'm putting my money on a possible contender in the mmo world.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by miagisan

last i checked soe was the one developing the game since day 1....you haters are funny

Ya, I agree.  It is sickening to the level the SoE haters stoop.  Sure, SoE has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but at least they are trying and appeared to have learned. EQ2 is damn good game now.  They did the right thing shutting The Matrix down.  Vanguard SoH is only around now because Smed did McQuaid a favor, saying that if the game would have released in the shape the game is today, Vanguard would be a hit.   The Agency is looking outstanding and is taking MMORPGs a new direction.  Let's not forget to mention Free Realms.  That MMORPG is nothing short of absolutely amazing. 

The OP and all the other SoE haters need to get over themselves.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352

I'd rather see SoE make the game even though they are hit or miss with their mmorpgs, but still, im thankful someone like Funcom isn't getting their greasy little Norwegian paws on this title.

If SoE puts their most elite mmorpg game-makers on this one (veteran devs from EQ1 & 2), and perhaps tap into their resources and cherry pick some devs with other backgrounds...why not. Very few companies have the resume that SoE has, and lets be honest that Sony as a company could buy and sell every single mmorpg company out there...including Blizzard.

But, of course, SoE could totally drop the ball and make it suck...but so could every other company.

On the most part--Im for it.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by NCPilot

Trust me, don't let SoE get their hands on this game, because if they do, they will shove it in the closet with MxO, SWG, Planetside, and Vanguard.  SoE has a terrible track record when it comes to treatment of MMORPGs.  MxO is the worse of all, now we don't have any Devs, and it's doubtful SoE will get us a new one.  Why don't they just pull the plug on MxO, I have no idea, but there it is.
    Trust me, if you want to see this game grow and become better every year, then get someone else other than SoE.
    SoE = Death for MMORPGs.

I think I understand the point of the post but you do realize that if it's not SOE this game as is does not even exist.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by Shannia

Originally posted by miagisan

last i checked soe was the one developing the game since day 1....you haters are funny

Ya, I agree.  It is sickening to the level the SoE haters stoop.  Sure, SoE has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but at least they are trying and appeared to have learned. EQ2 is damn good game now.  They did the right thing shutting The Matrix down.  Vanguard SoH is only around now because Smed did McQuaid a favor, saying that if the game would have released in the shape the game is today, Vanguard would be a hit.   The Agency is looking outstanding and is taking MMORPGs a new direction.  Let's not forget to mention Free Realms.  That MMORPG is nothing short of absolutely amazing. 

The OP and all the other SoE haters need to get over themselves.

I actually disagree with the OP about wether SOE should be in control of this game but any critism levelled at SOE is well deserved it's obvious from your post you are a fan of their work overall which is fine and dandy but any debate wether they deserve to get trashed is too little too late they have had far too many screw ups to be forgiven in my opinion and still have a way to go to be a true leader in mmos unless you just count the sheer number of games they have over other companies they are doing a horrible job.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....