Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laptop to TV

DjibutiDjibuti Member Posts: 2

I play WoW on my laptop that i got for christmas, and recently have been getting serious about arenas.

When i play on my laptop, i feel cramped and my monitor is marginally small.

If i got a s video cable and hooked my laptop up to my 36 inch HDTV, then got a wireless mouse/keyboard set, would the quality of my game still be decent??

Im worried about possible system lag or anything that could cause trouble.  Obviously, a wired anything would be more reliable, but would the wireless setup still enable me to play?

Comments

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

What res do you normaly play at? You may be forced to change res/aspect ratio (for widescreen) on your hdtv but overall you shold be ok if your staying at the same res.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• DjibutiDjibuti Member Posts: 2

If the resolution is changed will i experience any video lag or changes in graphic quality, or is it difficult to tell?

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576
    Originally posted by Djibuti

If the resolution is changed will i experience any video lag or changes in graphic quality, or is it difficult to tell?

What is your hdtv native res? What type of gpu do you have? What settings do you play Wow at?

I was worried about playing bf2 on my hdtv but I found out my samsung has a video game mode that helps with motion blur or something and the gaming expirience was awsome.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

S-Vid cables are dirt cheap. Go get one plug it in and see what happens.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

because you running it s-video it going to be low res like 800x600, maybe 1024x768 at most.

The game will look ok, tho.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

You should use something better than an s-video cable though, go to someplace like monoprice.com and you should be able to find something that'll work for your laptop/hdtv for cheap, not sure what connections you have on the 2 but you can get a VGA to DVI-A if your hdtv has a DVI port.

• jacobsmith82jacobsmith82 Member Posts: 1

That very good please help me I want make my laptop work as a TV. I mean I want to see TV programe on my laptop how can i do this.

Now a day I am very busy with my microsoft tests online.