Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW...Dawn of a New Twink Era!!!

Comments

• CemmCemm Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

This is my MMo where the mild mannered Kamandi becomes a destroyer of souls, a master of war, a PWNER OF NOOBS! 

Yeeeaaah.  Sorry, the internet tough guy griefer routine always leaves me thinking the person spewing it most likely actually this guy, this guy, or this guy.   Where's a link to that hilarious audio of those guys claiming to be able to shut down entire servers with their griefing antics?  The funniest part was how they were dead serious about it all too.  LOL

EDIT:  Oh wow, how did I forget this guy?

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

Originally posted by sanders01

So, you have fun ganking people with little to no gear, and not fighting the people that are on the same level as you?
    Strange.

Ok you are making a groundless assumption.  If I say I like the color blue does that mean I don't like red?

No.  I like both.

I like screwing with WoW and it's so called fixes even more.

And "strange", you must have never played on a PvP server.  MANY people like abusing the lame.  Come to my pvp server and level in STV.  You will learn quickly!

What is ironic is you are calling the person that you intentional search for that is at a disadvantage "lame". I don't expect you to understand.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Originally posted by Kyleran

Anyone doubting the WOW player base is immature  really need s to read this thread. I find it fascinating that people find their machismo in internet forums while talking about pwning noobs in a video game. Carry on by all means, i enjoy the humor of your seriousness of being uber awsome in Wsg.

It is rather amusing to see people trying to be all "badass" when their game of choice is... WOW.

ROFL

Please....stop...I find anyone who thinks that there is a difference in players who call themselves "badass" from one game to another rather foolish....don't you think?

All things being equal i would agree but in the case of WOW the reputation of appealing to immature children is well known and well deserved. Go to general chat sometime in any area at any given time. And with blizzard nerfing the game every few months with patches to make content even easier its going to continue to get worse. The WOW killer isnt a game its blizzard itself and the community it caters to.

Funny thing how your (and a few pessimist here) definition of WoW's reputation on these boards seems to have you believing it has any weight to it. Rather than believing that the fact of the matter is, you nor anyone else here has anything even remotely factual to prove your case.

And a snapshot of chat windows in any given game is not a end-all, be-all of age determination for it's players.....grow up.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

So, you have fun ganking people with little to no gear, and not fighting the people that are on the same level as you?
    Strange.

Ok you are making a groundless assumption.  If I say I like the color blue does that mean I don't like red?

No.  I like both.

I like screwing with WoW and it's so called fixes even more.

And "strange", you must have never played on a PvP server.  MANY people like abusing the lame.  Come to my pvp server and level in STV.  You will learn quickly!

Attacking wow or any other game isn't something you should think of as a hard thing to do.  So don't take too much pride in being able to do so.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

Are you delusional? The minute a twink goes to a non-exp capped BG and gains even 1 exp is the minute they level and that theory is shot to hell. Remember that you automatically join a group as soon as you step foot in a BG and gain exp at the same time you would gain honor points.
    Read my post.  You make new twinks.  Duh.  You keep your old for xp off bgs.  LOL!
    If no one caps no one gains xps!

It is sad to see the products of the public school system try to think and communicate.  Read the post!!  It will hep you to understand what I am trying to say!

Oh the irony is so thick. Keep going this is amusing.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Anyone doubting the WOW player base is immature  really need s to read this thread. I find it fascinating that people find their machismo in internet forums while talking about pwning noobs in a video game. Carry on by all means, i enjoy the humor of your seriousness of being uber awsome in Wsg.

I think you are confusing the mmorpg.com forum posters with millions of other people who never come here.  Feel free to carry on with your baseless generalizations.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

This thread is going nuclear in 3, 2, 1 >>>>  

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

It is rather amusing to see people trying to be all "badass" when their game of choice is... WOW.

ROFL

Please....stop...I find anyone who thinks that there is a difference in players who call themselves "badass" from one game to another rather foolish....don't you think?

All things being equal i would agree but in the case of WOW the reputation of appealing to immature children is well known and well deserved. Go to general chat sometime in any area at any given time. And with blizzard nerfing the game every few months with patches to make content even easier its going to continue to get worse. The WOW killer isnt a game its blizzard itself and the community it caters to.

Funny thing how your (and a few pessimist here) definition of WoW's reputation on these boards seems to have you believing it has any weight to it. Rather than believing that the fact of the matter is, you nor anyone else here has anything even remotely factual to prove your case.

And a snapshot of chat windows in any given game is not a end-all, be-all of age determination for it's players.....grow up.

I dont care enough about WOW, the player base or whether you believe what i say to install the game and pay $15 to take a shot of chat. Anyone who plays or has played this game has had the pleasure of seeing the immature player base in general chat. I would presume you take part in that chat from the fact you deny the presence of such elements. WOW's reputation is what the community has  made of it and if you read other boards or play any other MMO's you know the "your mom" and "Chuck Norris" nonsense is infamous in the MMO gaming community.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Are you delusional? The minute a twink goes to a non-exp capped BG and gains even 1 exp is the minute they level and that theory is shot to hell. Remember that you automatically join a group as soon as you step foot in a BG and gain exp at the same time you would gain honor points.
    Read my post.  You make new twinks.  Duh.  You keep your old for xp off bgs.  LOL!

It is sad to see the products of the public school system try to think and communicate.  Read the post!!  It will hep you to understand what I am trying to say!

So, is it fair to say that parents who seemed to have wasted their money for private schools for products that find rerolling and deleting toons(you get 10 slots) over and over again in a redundant, pointless quest to feel even a single sliver of self worth or to "pwn noobs", feel even sadder?

You know they have a word for people that like to repeat the same things over and over again thinking they will get different results when the obvious conculsion is having to reroll.....um....wait, wait...it's on the tip of my tongue...oh yeah right!

Insanity!

No the thing is people who make twinks sux so hard at pvp and battleground that they need to have a max level possible in BG like 19,29,39.49 and have level 60 enchants or likewise on their gear to show they accually can kill people in pvp. No matter how much they try they still sux. It just like the Special Olympics... even if you win .. youre still a retard. It as simple as that if they could pvp they would be max level just like the elite and build from there.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    I dont care enough about WOW, the player base or whether you believe what i say to install the game and pay $15 to take a shot of chat. Anyone who plays or has played this game has had the pleasure of seeing the immature player base in general chat. I would presume you take part in that chat from the fact you deny the presence of such elements. WOW's reputation is what the community has  made of it and if you read other boards or play any other MMO's you know the "your mom" and "Chuck Norris" nonsense is infamous in the MMO gaming community.

Show me on the doll where the mean wow players chuck norris jokes touched you.  Seriously, people complaining about chuck norris jokes still?  *yawn*

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Show me on the doll where the mean wow players chuck norris jokes touched you.  Seriously, people complaining about chuck norris jokes still?  *yawn*

Just an example of the immature player base that the immature player base denies.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

WoW's community is the best I've seen. This is because I loved my servers community. I've made a lot of good friends on them who I still talk to on occasion. Don't trash the whole community when you've only played on 1 server...

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

WoW's community is the best I've seen. This is because I loved my servers community. I've made a lot of good friends on them who I still talk to on occasion. Don't trash the whole community when you've only played on 1 server...

And don't judge the whole community as being the best when you've only played on 1 server...

Funny how that works, huh? Sure, maybe it's the best you've ever see, and there are good people, of course, but the overall reputation is that the WoW community is immature. End of story.

I still play the game, though. I do keep the Trade chat on because I think it's amusing how some people have to troll, and make alts to troll, because that's the way they choose to spend their $15 a month.

• neobamboomneobamboom Member Posts: 50

WoW, Blizzard is trying to rip yet another MMO..... soon everyone will be calling this an innovation.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Comnitus

And don't judge the whole community as being the best when you've only played on 1 server...

Funny how that works, huh? Sure, maybe it's the best you've ever see, and there are good people, of course, but the overall reputation is that the WoW community is immature. End of story.

I still play the game, though. I do keep the Trade chat on because I think it's amusing how some people have to troll, and make alts to troll, because that's the way they choose to spend their $15 a month.

I've been on more than one server, thanks. Everyone I've been on (Around 3-5?) they've had around the same community, and the pops were between Medium - High (With a queue). 

And I can't change anything about the reputation, but I can post my opinion to help change it, which is what I'm doing. WoW's community is far less immature than a few of the other games I have played (Though I will admit, I never played another game to max, and on more than one server)

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

"Twink" also means pretty boy toy in gay circles. Take from that what you will.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

So, is it fair to say that parents who seemed to have wasted their money for private schools for products that find rerolling and deleting toons(you get 10 slots) over and over again in a redundant, pointless quest to feel even a single sliver of self worth or to "pwn noobs", feel even sadder?

You know they have a word for people that like to repeat the same things over and over again thinking they will get different results when the obvious conculsion is having to reroll.....um....wait, wait...it's on the tip of my tongue...oh yeah right!

Insanity!

I play 80 bgs, 60 bgs, 29 bgs.  I raid.  I fish alot.  I chat with my old Army buddies.  I do a lot of things in WoW.

The main thesis of this post is," WoW thinks they can separate the wolves from the sheep, but they can't."

And then I explain how.

Who is looking for different results?  Not me.  One result lots of pvp.

This is where you lose your train of thought.  You didn't focus on my thesis. 

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

Re-making twinks over and over and leveling them makes no sense....but to each his own I guess.  If that's how you like to play.  For the most part twinks are dead though with this patch.  Most twinks want to pawn under geared normal leveling toons (maybe not all, but most).  If you think there isn't going to be a handful of twinks left you are just delusional.

• rekkorrekkor Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by GreenChaos

I really wish WoW players would stop misusing the word twink.
    Twink

An attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man. The stereotypical twink is 18-22, slender with little or no body hair, often blonde, dresses in club wear even at 10:00 AM, and is not particularly intelligent. A twink is the gay answer to the blonde bimbo cheerleader.
    And WoW has been lame for 3 years why are you still playing it?

No, I think the definition fits here. Twinks are gay.  OP said in his original post that he likes to twink and destroy lamers, and he has obviously went to a lot of trouble thinking about how he can still accomplish this feat.  I say if he is willing to put that much effort into being able to kill characters that are obviously less powerful becuase they refuse to twink out then let him have it.

Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Re-making twinks over and over and leveling them makes no sense....but to each his own I guess.  If that's how you like to play.  For the most part twinks are dead though with this patch.  Most twinks want to pawn under geared normal leveling toons (maybe not all, but most).  If you think there isn't going to be a handful of twinks left you are just delusional.

Questing level after level for makes no sense.  But to each his own.  Now you have it!  To each his own.   Wow supports many play styles.  Some people love the AH, some love fishing, others crafting, others raiding. 

Others like "pwning under geared normal leveling toons".  Right again!! You got it!!  Note how he said "under geared".  LOL!

"If you think there isn't going to be a handful of twinks left you are just delusional."  I don't understand this sentence.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

ROFL

That's about what I was going to post.

Come to EVE buddy, see how long you can put with my Navythron ;)

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by rekkor

Originally posted by GreenChaos

I really wish WoW players would stop misusing the word twink.
    Twink

An attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man. The stereotypical twink is 18-22, slender with little or no body hair, often blonde, dresses in club wear even at 10:00 AM, and is not particularly intelligent. A twink is the gay answer to the blonde bimbo cheerleader.
    And WoW has been lame for 3 years why are you still playing it?

No, I think the definition fits here. Twinks are gay.  OP said in his original post that he likes to twink and destroy lamers, and he has obviously went to a lot of trouble thinking about how he can still accomplish this feat.  I say if he is willing to put that much effort into being able to kill characters that are obviously less powerful becuase they refuse to twink out then let him have it.

Finally someone who gets it!

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142
    WoW thinks they can separate the wolves from the sheep, but they can't.

Unfortunately, the analogy of WoW-twinks as wolves is flawed. Wolves fight amongst themselves continually; a single wolf will kill a sheep for food, but never for fun. Wolves very rarely kill for fun and when they do, it's only when they have the security of a pack of other wolves.

Twinks, on the other hand are just players, except that they have been designed in a manner to specifically attack other players who are in the normal cycle of progression. There is no rhyme or reason to what they do; they attack indiscriminately and gain nothing from their victim.

So wolves doesn't fit, the closest I can come to a proper description of twinks is as a toxin or disease.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift

Weed killer! 

Euthenasia enthusiast! 

Quality control specialist! 

Meat cutter!

Trash man!

Cancer cells!