Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW...Dawn of a New Twink Era!!!

Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

According to the patch notes on 3.2 the battle grounds will now give experience.  They will also be split into "xp on" and "xp off" toon types.  WSG will have a time limit as well.  People have been griping about twinks for years, especially about level 19 and 29 battlegrounds.  I am not alone in my love of twinking and destroying lamers. 

WoW thinks they can seperate the "wolves" from the "sheep" in the battlegrounds.  They are wrong.

I forsee  new and powerful play styles in 19 and 29 and 59 battlegrounds.  "Dual Twinking", "Stam Twinking" and "DK twinking."

Dual Twinking...you make two dps class toons and level them to 12 or so.  You process them through Deadmines and Wailing Caverns to get the best gear you can, or use your favorite BOA gear.  You buy your chants and hit the bgs.  Chants are cheap now because of inscription.  You enter the bgs at 18 or 19. You kill all you can and make sure no one caps.  If you are smart you will be on a team and one of your guys will get the flag (in wsg) or you never support a cap (in AB).  You make two toons so if you have to AFK out (because of a possible win) you will be able to requeue with your other toon because of the 15 minute "coward" limitation!

"Stam Twinking" would involve a pally or a drood toon with maximum stam possible who would hold the flag so no one can cap. A pocket healer would be nice here.

"DK Twinking" would be making a DK, twink all you can and bgs in 59 wsg and ab and AV until you level.  Then make another and another and another.  DKs level quick and are fun.

AB will be tough and really require teamwork not to gain xps, but could be easily done in a team situation. 

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

So, you have fun ganking people with little to no gear, and not fighting the people that are on the same level as you?

Strange.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by sanders01

So, you have fun ganking people with little to no gear, and not fighting the people that are on the same level as you?
    Strange.

Ok you are making a groundless assumption.  If I say I like the color blue does that mean I don't like red?

No.  I like both.

I like screwing with WoW and it's so called fixes even more.

And "strange", you must have never played on a PvP server.  MANY people like abusing the lame.  Come to my pvp server and level in STV.  You will learn quickly!

• Riesig09Riesig09 Member Posts: 15

Thanks for reinforcing what I already suspected about twinkers, most are cowards how want to be the big boy on the block. Too bad your twinking doesn't extend to real life, where you are probably a weakling, both physically and of will. If you can't be a bully in real life, why not be a bully in a game eh? You don't have to worry about anyone getting back at you because there is no way to get back besides twinking themselves, and they don't want to waste their time, so they quit doing low level BGs.

Blizzard wants people to continue playing WoW, and people like you drive them away.

All I can say is get to 80 where the real PvP'ers are, you probably get roflstomped due to lack of skill, which you make up for with gear when you twink.

Originally posted by Kamandi777

Originally posted by sanders01

Strange.

Ok you are making a groundless assumption.  If I say I like the color blue does that mean I don't like red?

No.  I like both.

I like screwing with WoW and it's so called fixes even more.

And "strange", you must have never played on a PvP server.  MANY people like abusing the lame.  Come to my pvp server and level in STV.  You will learn quickly!

Already did, 74 Druid Kel'Thuzad :/

just said that because it just seemed like that from this line: "WoW thinks they can seperate the "wolves" from the "sheep" in the battlegrounds. They are wrong." But now I see what you ment, you like to try to screw over Blizz more than anything else.

Originally posted by Riesig09

Thanks for reinforcing what I already suspected about twinkers, most are cowards how want to be the big boy on the block. Too bad your twinking doesn't extend to real life, where you are probably a weakling, both physically and of will. If you can't be a bully in real life, why not be a bully in a game eh? You don't have to worry about anyone getting back at you because there is no way to get back besides twinking themselves, and they don't want to waste their time, so they quit doing low level BGs.
    Blizzard wants people to continue playing WoW, and people like you drive them away.
    All I can say is get to 80 where the real PvP'ers are, you probably get roflstomped due to lack of skill, which you make up for with gear when you twink.

Another  poster who assumes much and says little.

I have 80s.  I bg all the time with them.  I will be very active in the "xp off" battlegounds where it will be ALL twinks.

I like both straight up fights and abusing lamers AND MOST OF ALL subverting WoWs attempts to fix an unbroken system.

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

Ridiculous, twinking in wow is at anyone reach specialy lvl 19 twink.  You can be mad at them for rolfstomping you anytime but it don't change anything.  HAHAHA, it extend to real life.. good work champ.

Originally posted by LeKinK

Ridiculous, twinking in wow is at anyone reach specialy lvl 19 twink.  You can be mad at them for rolfstomping you anytime but it don't change anything.  HAHAHA, it extend to real life.. good work champ.

PWNT!  Send in the next noob please!

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Anyone doubting the WOW player base is immature  really need s to read this thread. I find it fascinating that people find their machismo in internet forums while talking about pwning noobs in a video game. Carry on by all means, i enjoy the humor of your seriousness of being uber awsome in Wsg.

Originally posted by grandpagamer

Anyone doubting the WOW player base is immature  really need s to read this thread. I find it fascinating that people find their machismo in internet forums while talking about pwning noobs in a video game. Carry on by all means, i enjoy the humor of your seriousness of being uber awsome in Wsg.

This isn't my office.  This isn't a PTA meeting.  This isn't my choir rehearsal.  This is my MMo where the mild mannered Kamandi becomes a destroyer of souls, a master of war, a PWNER OF NOOBS!

Oh, btw, love the little anime fairy avatar pic.  No really. It's so cute!

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

According to the patch notes on 3.2 the battle grounds will now give experience.  They will also be split into "xp on" and "xp off" toon types.  WSG will have a time limit as well.  People have been griping about twinks for years, especially about level 19 and 29 battlegrounds.  I am not alone in my love of twinking and destroying lamers. 

WoW thinks they can seperate the "wolves" from the "sheep" in the battlegrounds.  They are wrong.

I forsee  new and powerful play styles in 19 and 29 and 59 battlegrounds.  "Dual Twinking", "Stam Twinking" and "DK twinking."

Dual Twinking...you make two dps class toons and level them to 12 or so.  You process them through Deadmines and Wailing Caverns to get the best gear you can, or use your favorite BOA gear.  You buy your chants and hit the bgs.  Chants are cheap now because of inscription.  You enter the bgs at 18 or 19. You kill all you can and make sure no one caps.  If you are smart you will be on a team and one of your guys will get the flag (in wsg) or you never support a cap (in AB).  You make two toons so if you have to AFK out (because of a possible win) you will be able to requeue with your other toon because of the 15 minute "coward" limitation!
    "Stam Twinking" would involve a pally or a drood toon with maximum stam possible who would hold the flag so no one can cap. A pocket healer would be nice here.
    "DK Twinking" would be making a DK, twink all you can and bgs in 59 wsg and ab and AV until you level.  Then make another and another and another.  DKs level quick and are fun.
    AB will be tough and really require teamwork not to gain xps, but could be easily done in a team situation. 

Are you delusional? The minute a twink goes to a non-exp capped BG and gains even 1 exp is the minute they level and that theory is shot to hell. Remember that you automatically join a group as soon as you step foot in a BG and gain exp at the same time you would gain honor points. Only thing the new patch will do it place twinks against twinks. From the patch notes:

Battleground experience has arrived!

• Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (honorable kills not included).
    • Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar - both located near the Battlemasters in either city - and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold.
    • Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.
    • Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off.
    • Behsten and Slahtz can reinstate experience gains for players, for a 10 gold fee of course. Any experience that would've been accumulated if experience gains were enabled cannot be recovered.

So your rant about a new type of twink emerging is ridiculous. Who the hell would reroll multiple DKs just to start all over again? I'm all for playing the way they want. But it seems like twinks who thrive on going to battlegrounds in the attempt of milking honor points off non-twink players, will have to fight their own kind now......

And I see the retarded practice of twinking dying a slow, frustrating death. Good riddance.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Hi, as a long-time WoW player (4 and a half years), I would like to distance myself from the OP and reassure the MMORPG community that he is not representative of every WoW player.

Most of us hate twinks too.

The separation of twink and adult is a welcome one; if/when I ever get around to levelling another character, it'll certainly be nice to have the opportunity of popping into a BG now and again as a relaxing break from the questing.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

It is rather amusing to see people trying to be all "badass" when their game of choice is... WOW.

ROFL

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Are you delusional? The minute a twink goes to a non-exp capped BG and gains even 1 exp is the minute they level and that theory is shot to hell. Remember that you automatically join a group as soon as you step foot in a BG and gain exp at the same time you would gain honor points.

Read my post.  You make new twinks.  Duh.  You keep your old for xp off bgs.  LOL!

If no one caps no one gains xps!

It is sad to see the products of the public school system try to think and communicate.  Read the post!!  It will hep you to understand what I am trying to say!

Originally posted by Kyleran

It is rather amusing to see people trying to be all "badass" when their game of choice is... WOW.

ROFL

Go back to your noob game where you only fire missles and lasers in space!

WOW >>>> EVE!@!!@!@!

lol, I laugh at myself for even typing that.

This isn't my office.  This isn't a PTA meeting.  This isn't my choir rehearsal.  This is my MMo where the mild mannered Kamandi becomes a destroyer of souls, a master of war, a PWNER OF NOOBS!

You mean you come to pwn noobs until mom tells you its time to turn off your puter an go to bed.

ROFL

Please....stop...I find anyone who thinks that there is a difference in players who call themselves "badass" from one game to another rather foolish....don't you think?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (honorable kills not included).
    If no one caps a flag no xps are gained.  No one wins.  No cap and no win.  Just piles of dead noobs screaming at there moms.

And some honor is timer based, even if it is painfully slow.

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Are you delusional? The minute a twink goes to a non-exp capped BG and gains even 1 exp is the minute they level and that theory is shot to hell. Remember that you automatically join a group as soon as you step foot in a BG and gain exp at the same time you would gain honor points. Only thing the new patch will do it place twinks against twinks. From the patch notes:

Battleground experience has arrived!

• Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (honorable kills not included).
    • Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar - both located near the Battlemasters in either city - and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold.
    • Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.
    • Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off.
    • Behsten and Slahtz can reinstate experience gains for players, for a 10 gold fee of course. Any experience that would've been accumulated if experience gains were enabled cannot be recovered.

So your rant about a new type of twink emerging is ridiculous. Who the hell would reroll multiple DKs just to start all over again? I'm all for playing the way they want. But it seems like twinks who thrive on going to battlegrounds in the attempt of milking honor points off non-twink players, will have to fight their own kind now......

And I see the retarded practice of twinking dying a slow, frustrating death. Good riddance.

See what happens when you don't read the OP.  READ.  If you READ the OP you would be embarrassed by your response.

ROFL

Please....stop...I find anyone who thinks that there is a difference in players who call themselves "badass" from one game to another rather foolish....don't you think?

All things being equal i would agree but in the case of WOW the reputation of appealing to immature children is well known and well deserved. Go to general chat sometime in any area at any given time. And with blizzard nerfing the game every few months with patches to make content even easier its going to continue to get worse. The WOW killer isnt a game its blizzard itself and the community it caters to.

You mean you come to pwn noobs until mom tells you its time to turn off your puter an go to bed.

My wife makes me stop and I have to sleep so I can wake up,  go to the gym, drive the kids to school and then teach another group of drooling college students.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

I really wish WoW players would stop misusing the word twink.

Twink

An attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man. The stereotypical twink is 18-22, slender with little or no body hair, often blonde, dresses in club wear even at 10:00 AM, and is not particularly intelligent. A twink is the gay answer to the blonde bimbo cheerleader.

And WoW has been lame for 3 years why are you still playing it?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

ROFL

Well I'll agree, anyone playing a video game and calling themselves a badass is probably a bit foolish.

But there certainly is a matter of degree and difficulty.

Wow isn't it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

For a second I forgot how WoW fanboys were, thank you for reminding me.

Twinks get their serious brackets at last, and good luck trying to not play with the twinks, as you'll force Blizzard to increase XP in BGs to include kills.

But yeah, there are people that enjoy playing what they dare to call "PvP" by killing other players with 1-2 skills, aka PvP servers and twinking. And there will probably be idiots like you trying to exploit the new system to keep twinking against people that merely want to have fun in BGs without spending thousands of gold into a level x9 character as they will just level it up anyway.

Are you delusional? The minute a twink goes to a non-exp capped BG and gains even 1 exp is the minute they level and that theory is shot to hell. Remember that you automatically join a group as soon as you step foot in a BG and gain exp at the same time you would gain honor points.
    Read my post.  You make new twinks.  Duh.  You keep your old for xp off bgs.  LOL!
    If no one caps no one gains xps!

It is sad to see the products of the public school system try to think and communicate.  Read the post!!  It will hep you to understand what I am trying to say!

So, is it fair to say that parents who seemed to have wasted their money for private schools for products that find rerolling and deleting toons(you get 10 slots) over and over again in a redundant, pointless quest to feel even a single sliver of self worth or to "pwn noobs", feel even sadder?

You know they have a word for people that like to repeat the same things over and over again thinking they will get different results when the obvious conculsion is having to reroll.....um....wait, wait...it's on the tip of my tongue...oh yeah right!

Insanity!

ROFL

Well I'll agree, anyone playing a video game and calling themselves a badass is probably a bit foolish.

But there certainly is a matter of degree and difficulty.

Wow isn't it.

says the pot......