Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update from Henrik on Beta Status

BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488

Not surprising that they put out an official update.  They explained the bug, didn't sugarcoat anything, and are working hard to fix it.  I really like this guy reading some of his other responses to other posts on the forum.  Anyway just some info. 

www.mortalonline.com/forums/19097-current-status-beta-server.html#post435761

"Hi all,

As you know we have been working pretty much day and night to solve a lot of different problems. This is why we have not had the time to communicate to much other than the beta block A channels who is instantly effected.

At the moment we have a bug which crashes the server, so we had to lower the cap for players to join till we sorted out these bugs causing the server to crash. Tonight we are releasing a new version which should solve hopefully all of the server crash bugs. 2000+ players spawned at a wrong location causing the server to die pretty fast. And of course this was in the location which is sensitive for many players at once and now we got all 2000+ players in that location at the same time

We have to release a new torrent with a full new client for everyone in the block a to download, hopefully this is the last time you need to download a major update with a new client via torrent. Next time you should be able to patch the game via our patcher.

Thank you all for your patience, the feedback and bug submits so far!

CEO, Founder & Game designer"

Something else to note is the use of Mantis.  I'm a programmer and i've worked on many projects that used Mantis, and one in particular we gave our customers who were beta testing our software access to it.  It was pretty clustered, but it not only helped us fix bugs, but helped shape the software drastically.  We don't use the software the way it is intended as programmers so letting the customer use it and have access to bug/enhancement software like Mantis worked out extremely well.  The end product was stable, and the users couldn't have been happier.  It was like they were a part of the software and they all felt like part of it was made or tweaked just for them.  I hope this approach works well for them.

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

More than Tasos ever said during 6 months after RELEASE of their game ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Good to see they got it fixed.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

You really like being on your knees for the MO devs don't you?

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Originally posted by fldash

Still better than brown nosing a guy that has proved to be a patented liar ;)

Yes, I appreciate the communication effort of the MO devs compared to the total silence of the DFO ones.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Yes, I appreciate the communication effort of the MO devs compared to the total silence of the DFO ones.

I'm sorry but neither are good things to be. The communication in MO is only half a step up from the communication in DF. Both are pathetic, especially when you have paying customers.

All I know is I'm going to be eating a healthy bowl of crow if MO is worth two shits when it releases, because I've seen this all to often before. Everyone screaming 'its just beta' and then the reality of the game and what can and can't change before release.

Maybe you should re-read your signature... And try to apply it to MO, but you can't, because you already paid full price for the client.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Bureyku
    Something else to note is the use of Mantis.  I'm a programmer and i've worked on many projects that used Mantis, and one in particular we gave our customers who were beta testing our software access to it.  It was pretty clustered, but it not only helped us fix bugs, but helped shape the software drastically.  We don't use the software the way it is intended as programmers so letting the customer use it and have access to bug/enhancement software like Mantis worked out extremely well.  The end product was stable, and the users couldn't have been happier.  It was like they were a part of the software and they all felt like part of it was made or tweaked just for them.  I hope this approach works well for them.

Jira is much better altough it costs money where as Mantis is free. Again shows how tight their budget is.

• BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Yamota

Jira is much better altough it costs money where as Mantis is free. Again shows how tight their budget is.

I know there are better solutions, but even in a multimillion dollar company we used mantis.  Now in a much smaller company we use Team Foundation Server which rocks.  I wouldn't judge a companies status or funds based on the choice to use Mantis.

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

While they may not have the perfect venue for communicating established yet.  Between IRC and the forums, they pretty much talk to us everyday.

and yes their budget is tight, hopefully all our pre-orders will let them attach some bells and whistles to make things go smoother from here on out.

What they did is smart, now they can go to a bank and go "look 8,000 people have already purchased the game we are developing, you wont lose your investment in us." and get a better/bigger bank or investor loan.

anyone who thinks their level of communication is bad is simply trolling.  Their venue for communication isn't perfect, a beta tester only forum would be appreciated, but think of it this way:  Until they get a beta tester only forum up, they post everything to everyone.

Originally posted by fldash Maybe you should re-read your signature... And try to apply it to MO, but you can't, because you already paid full price for the client.

Did I?

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• yukumoyukumo Member Posts: 86

I'm sorry but neither are good things to be. The communication in MO is only half a step up from the communication in DF. Both are pathetic, especially when you have paying customers.

All I know is I'm going to be eating a healthy bowl of crow if MO is worth two shits when it releases, because I've seen this all to often before. Everyone screaming 'its just beta' and then the reality of the game and what can and can't change before release.

Maybe you should re-read your signature... And try to apply it to MO, but you can't, because you already paid full price for the client.

The devs just arent going to tell us what they are doing every second fool.. 

lets go ahead and list 2 reasons

#1 they are a small dev crew

#2 they are making and fixing a huge game

Considering that the MO devs are a fraction of the darkfall dev crew size and that its only taken the MO devs a fourth of the time to put the game into beta?

Finally.. your not in beta. you dont know anything about the game - I put 98.00 on the LE and the least I can say is what a pleasant surprise.

Originally posted by yukumo
    Considering that the MO devs are a fraction of the darkfall dev crew size and that its only taken the MO devs a fourth of the time to put the game into beta?

Finally.. your not in beta. you dont know anything about the game - I put 98.00 on the LE and the least I can say is what a pleasant surprise.

I'm not in beta? That's news to me because I have a Paypal receipt for $98 for the LE version of the game. Who's the fool?

I don't expect them to communicate with us every second. I do expect an update every few days. We went from Monday evening until this morning without a clue as to what was going on other than the IRC channel stating the server was only allowing 100 people on it.

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

Originally posted by yukumo

I'm not in beta? That's news to me because I have a Paypal receipt for $98 for the LE version of the game. Who's the fool?

I don't expect them to communicate with us every second. I do expect an update every few days. We went from Monday evening until this morning without a clue as to what was going on other than the IRC channel stating the server was only allowing 100 people on it.

lol, Apparently you don't know what an update is. Also they have announced more than just how many ppl they were allowing they gave us a reason. I've known what the problems are since yesterday.

Damnant quod non intellegunt
  • ScoorgeScoorge Member Posts: 142

Very amusing...coming from someone i just saw doing deep brown nosing on a dev @ MO IRC for information. Shouldn`t use the same nickname everywhere i guess!

Originally posted by Scoorge

Very amusing...coming from someone i just saw doing deep brown nosing on a dev @ MO IRC for information. Shouldn`t use the same nickname everywhere i guess! image

Excuse me? I didn't brown nose anyone. I asked questions, he gave answers, I said thank you, like any polite person would do. Post the logs please.

• ZykeZyke Member Posts: 335

They remind me a lot of CCP in their earlier years, which is why I took the leap of faith and got a box. They communicate better than any other MMO dev team I've seen, the devs are friendly, joke around a bit, are on IRC a lot, etc.