Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's discuss end - end game...

fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Problems:

a) lack of balance - once a OP build is found everyone starts using it, when leads to ...

b) gear is too powerful in a pvp game giving an advantage to those who play many hours a week or spend lots of money in the cash shop...

c) grind is atrocious when your main is at 120 and they release new mercs... unless you spend a good deal of real cash or play a lot you will not get them to 120 anytime soon...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Comments

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

Only problem i see in your list is balance, and every game has balance issues. As far as cash shop items, well they need to have an incentive for people to pay now don't they.

I don't know the cash shop in this game, can you eventually get the same gear without using it? If so, I see no issues at all with it. The problem I have with cash shops is when they have gear better then anything you can get ingame.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

a) I agree with. But it's like that in any game.

b) I dunno about this, actually. With a few exceptions (Shotgun, SDF, Stormbringer), gear isn't that much of a factor. Since only the tier counts, not the pluses. And each tier isn't that big a lead (a +0 of one tier higher is = to +1 of the tier below it, more or less)

c) The grind in this game is less than any other I've played. I should hit 120 in about 6 weeks (I started in January). I've played games for years and never came even as close to where I am now to the level cap, as I have in this game (playing the same amount). 

There are also alternatives. XP books (I just got a new merc, got him to 70 just using 10k and 100k xp books), scrolling, etc.

And no one is forcing you to use the new mercs...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• CoyoteturkeyCoyoteturkey Member Posts: 102

Im still fairly new to this game, but I like it. Does it really cost alot to play though? He mentioned that you cant do much unless you spend alot of money to get good gear. I dont have very much money to spend that's one reason I started playing this game.