Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got an email invite to "virtually" attend Blizzcon today...

SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

I got a flashy email telling me about Blizzcon, what speakers were going to be in attendance, what games they would be discussing, etc.   It also mentioned getting a free murloc pet.    This invite was to watch the 16 hour event live on the net.

It seemed mildly interesting and I thought I might watch some of it.    At the bottom of the email was a button that says "order now".    More curious than anything, I clicked the link.   It took me to a page where I could purchase my virtual attendance.   That's right, for the low, low price of 40 bucks U.S., I could enjoy all this without having to go....

Maybe it's just me, but are they effing kidding?   Forty bucks?!!!  To see something that'll be all over the net within a day?    Why in the hells would I give them 40 cents to watch it?   It's one big long commercial!

Anyway, maybe I'm overreacting, but I thought it utterly ridiculous to ask for that kind of money to get the info, what, a few hours earlier than I could get it for free.

Comments

• PRforce97PRforce97 Member Posts: 26

LOL that's Blizzard for you always charging their subscribers money for things that should be free to their valued customers. Like Sony's (PS3 < Xbox 360)  I cant wait for the day a new company comes out and knocks them off their throne and opens their eyes.

• gardian90gardian90 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Haha, I think Blizzard is doing this because they are full of themselves. They know that millions of people love there games, so if they make them pay to watch some of there games biggest announcements they should get rich quick. On the other hand, it is pretty stupid of them to do that... Someone is probably going to end up streaming it over the web for free anyways, and guess who will be there to watch it ;).

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by PRforce97

LOL that's Blizzard for you always charging their subscribers money for things that should be free to their valued customers. Like Sony's (PS3 < Xbox 360)  I cant wait for the day a new company comes out and knocks them off their throne and opens their eyes.

It's called good business. Blizzcon has always been a private showing of blizzards games unlike g3 that is televised to the general public. Also Xbox 360>PS3 all day unless you live in japan. Its almost rediculous how superior the 360 is. No one cares about the slightly better graphics and you can barely notice at all the ps3 has almost no good games with the exception of Infamous and the Killzone series.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

Originally posted by PRforce97

It's called good business. Blizzcon has always been a private showing of blizzards games unlike g3 that is televised to the general public. Also Xbox 360>PS3 all day unless you live in japan. Its almost rediculous how superior the 360 is. No one cares about the slightly better graphics and you can barely notice at all the ps3 has almost no good games with the exception of Infamous and the Killzone series.

Also, every PS3 games are in 720P and Xbox 360 are in 1080P.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Although I agree a little with the OP.  The fee does give you a live High Definition feed of all the events over the 2 day event, I can lay down $40 to watch a 10min boxing match (main event), is that worth it?...  for $40 you get a weekend of high definition live  video streaming (around 16 hours).

However... for the fans would of been nice if there was a low definition feed without so many options.

Blizzard did used to offer a free feed but it was never very good due to the millions who wanted to watch it, so maybe DirectTV was the only way to go.

But hey dont worry within 10mins of a broadcast they will be up on the tube'of'u and you can always pop over to justin.tv where I am sure you can watch the feed for free.

The feed will only cost me $13 as myself and 2 friends will be getting the beers in and watching it on my big ass TV.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I guarantee you that most people are shelling out the $40 for the companion pet that you get... mark my words.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004