Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finished

JaklaxJaklax Member Posts: 52

I was hyped and pre-ordered the game 'n blah blah.. but after first 2 beta weekends, i found myself not wanting to even log on to Aion.

It was mainly due to the feeling of slowness and boring grind, which makes my stomach turn. So, i'll be canceling my pre-order.. the hardcore fans will like it, but it won't convert the casual wow player

Comments

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

I can atest to the fact that the above poster does not speak for all casual WoW players.

• TsukieUTsukieU Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by spikers14

I can atest to the fact that the above poster does not speak for all casual WoW players.

I can attest that he does at least speak for some.

Waiting for Champions Online.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by Jaklax

I was hyped and pre-ordered the game 'n blah blah.. but after first 2 beta weekends, i found myself not wanting to even log on to Aion.
    It was mainly due to the feeling of slowness and boring grind, which makes my stomach turn. So, i'll be canceling my pre-order.. the hardcore fans will like it, but it won't convert the casual wow player

...Okay?

Don't mean to be rude, I respect your opinion and all, but why create a whole thread with just that lol.  If you aren't trying to be a troll, people will call you one >.>.

I'll humor you though;  Honestly, I kind of hope it doesn't pull in the casual WoW player.  The community in WoW is god awful, and this game has the potential to have a very good one.  I personally didn't focus on the slow leveling, and rather enjoyed myself and did the leveling as an aside to socializing.  I like the fact that leveling is just hard enough to encourage grouping.  That tends to make it more fun in the long run and improve the community.  To each his own though, I won't say it's for everyone.

Personally, I haven't been able to make myself log on to WoW, and I still have a month left on my sub =/.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by TsukieU

From your choice of game you are waiting for I can see that you prefer PVE games over PVPVE. Aion is based heavily on PvP, and Champions Online is practically devoid of PvP, which is fine. Apples and Oranges. Same to the OP.  I dont know what you consider a grind. Aion has had less of a grind to me than WoW, due to xp given for gathering and crafting. They both use the same quest model, so implying its more grinding than WoW is purely your opinion. Do not think that you speak for a majority, just as I do not.

Thank you for your opinions, I hope you find a pve game you enjoy.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I have to agree that Aion does take longer to level. However a grind? no way I enjoy the playstyle and the amazing world to much for it to be a grind myself.  Much better than logging in and making 5 to 10 levels an hour like in another game we all know.

• SaetiaBelleSaetiaBelle Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited November 2023

xx

Post edited by SaetiaBelle on
    Hey, Belle here. Full time mom of 3. Married to Dwayne. Moved to the US some years ago. Love it! 
    "Forget the unwritten, uncollected works of the poet
    You never were." - a song lyric from Saetia, my fave band in the world. 
  • Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by SaetiaBelle
    i am glad to hear that at least 1 casual wow player is giving aion a miss. casual wow players ruined wow so i don't want them to come and ruin aion too.

Yes clearly it's the players that ruin games. Players...who have absolutely no control over content, game direction, design philosophy...the players did it all.

Personally, I'm glad people like you are giving Aion a try. It keeps you out of my games.

• SaetiaBelleSaetiaBelle Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited November 2023
    xx
    Post edited by SaetiaBelle on
    Hey, Belle here. Full time mom of 3. Married to Dwayne. Moved to the US some years ago. Love it! 
    "Forget the unwritten, uncollected works of the poet
    You never were." - a song lyric from Saetia, my fave band in the world. 
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

i am glad to hear that at least 1 casual wow player is giving aion a miss. casual wow players ruined wow so i don't want them to come and ruin aion too.

Yes clearly it's the players that ruin games. Players...who have absolutely no control over content, game direction, design philosophy...the players did it all.

Personally, I'm glad people like you are giving Aion a try. It keeps you out of my games.

I would venture that alot of gamers rate a games Community as one of the top three draws to a title. I believe something along those lines is what he was trying to get across.

I mean.. it would be silly for him to imply that we the players: influence game direction, content, or design philosophy of the given game we are paying money to enjoy.

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

I agree for the most part. Once you get past the amazing character detail & unique enviroment setting there isn't that OMG blow you away feeling. Doesn't make it a bad game because I'm still most likely going to pick it up. I'm more anxiously waiting on The Old Republic.

Most people rave about a game during the lvl 1-20 experience because they have that new feeling. I enjoyed WAR and AoC 1 to 20, but it's after the newness wears off that you get a true taste for the game.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• HaikenHaiken Member Posts: 81

I am a casual player myself, but is not the game that fails, I think that many people that don't like Aion after playing it is because they fail at socializing I manage to meet a great group of people in CB2 I joined a great guild and I don't care about lvling fast anymore, I mean of course I do quest alone but from time to time I join a Rift hunt group or a Boss kill group, theres also plenty of quest that need to be done in groups. Anyway I would play any MMO with the right company, in WoW I had my brother and RL friends playing with me, now that I am entering to Aion alone I am happy that I found such a great Legion.

If you want to join any MMO just meet a lot of people and hang around with the ones you like.

• kinnslayorkinnslayor Member Posts: 75

Yet your on the Aion forums..

GO HOME SCRUB!

<3

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by kinnslayor

GO HOME SCRUB!
    <3

Someone has to be here to tell you it's you're not your.

<3

Originally posted by kinnslayor

GO HOME SCRUB!

<3

Someone has to be here to tell you it's you're not your.

<3

Correcting someones spelling on a forum... you sir are phail

Oh wait a second.. i mean fail. Sorry

In csae you dnid't konw you can raed a stecnce as lnog as the frist and lsat ltetres are rhgit.

• pleasenjoi93pleasenjoi93 Member Posts: 71

GO HOME SCRUB!
    <3

Since when is someone not allowed to check out the forums of a game he doesn't play? Hell, it's not even released yet, and your complaining over it. Plus no cares about your little reading trick, the point is you tried to telling someone off and couldn't even do it properly.

Anyway, I plan on just waiting a month or so after he game is released, checking out the feedback, and then making my decision to purchase or not. The only thing tha'ts concerning me is I want plenty of PvE content, and hopefully it will be delivered.

"...these forums are like soap operas"-Nihce

• Tenken29Tenken29 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by krityc
    Most people rave about a game during the lvl 1-20 experience because they have that new feeling. I enjoyed WAR and AoC 1 to 20, but it's after the newness wears off that you get a true taste for the game.

I dunno maybe it's just me but I didn't feel like I "tasted" the game until i hit cap level. That's when I decided it isn't for me. So to the OP it's too bad you didn't see the end game. I mean I haven't either and it does take some work to get to it... but i'll check it out. I was sick of leveling in WoW at lvl 20 but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about at the end.

Kinda stinks but the way MMOs work you have to do a bunch of stuff before the fun begins... depending on what kind of player you are of course.

Pledge your support to creating a PvP Community on Aion. Join our server on release.
    http://aionfactions.homelinux.com

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Grind what grind? did he say grind? did i read grind? grind really?

/troll fail.

Originally posted by pleasenjoi93

GO HOME SCRUB!
    <3

Since when is someone not allowed to check out the forums of a game he doesn't play? Hell, it's not even released yet, and your complaining over it. Plus no cares about your little reading trick, the point is you tried to telling someone off and couldn't even do it properly.

Anyway, I plan on just waiting a month or so after he game is released, checking out the feedback, and then making my decision to purchase or not. The only thing tha'ts concerning me is I want plenty of PvE content, and hopefully it will be delivered.

Go to what ever fourms you  want, honnestly i dont give 2 shits, when someone comes on  a forum flamming a game they havent even played before theres a problem. Your.. oh wait YOU'RE (better?) just another PvE'er tring to ruin a game designed for pvp. Suits me fine, do your pve, kill mobs with no brains so you can buff me and my guild in the abyss, which is what really matters. Or just play elyos so I can stomp you in the abyss over and over untill you cry for more pve or more balanced class's and QQ on forums like this, or just quit, either one works for me as long as i can keep the hard core pvp'ers in the abyss and in a game intended for pvp.

When was the last time you saw someone going to a wow forums and flamming how bad wow was and how Aion is the king shit and who ever doesn't play it isnt worth the effort it took to read their post. Oh wait.. never?

I didnt try to tell anyone off... (untill now) just stated that correcting someones spelling on a forum is most likely the lowest thing you can do online in my books and just wanted to make the fact that even though i spelled a word wrong he still understood my message, so why take / waste the time to post the correct spelling, last time i checked I finished high school a long time ago, and simply wanted to proove that anyone can read anything as long as the first and last letters are right, since the brain doesnt actually register the middle letters, it just assumes what the word is by the last and first letters.

Please spell check my paper sir. I'm sure there will be errors, but somehow you still manage to get my point? ...very strange Watson very strange indeed...

• JaklaxJaklax Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Tenken29

Originally posted by krityc

I dunno maybe it's just me but I didn't feel like I "tasted" the game until i hit cap level. That's when I decided it isn't for me. So to the OP it's too bad you didn't see the end game. I mean I haven't either and it does take some work to get to it... but i'll check it out. I was sick of leveling in WoW at lvl 20 but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about at the end.

Kinda stinks but the way MMOs work you have to do a bunch of stuff before the fun begins... depending on what kind of player you are of course.

i've been around the block a few dozen times to know what to expect from a game. I've seen the end game, and hit cap in beta. The game just feels dry 'n empty. Lacks that kick ass core that makes you want to play 'n play. Just feels like a slower WoW with PVP focus. I really can't handle another WoW atm, and prolly my time is better invested in WoW..chances are they will be announcing a new expansion that will upgrade the graphics/gameplay.

I understand ppl like different things, and then you got ppl that go into fanboy-obsessed mode and end up stop playing the game while after launch (after reality sets in). Had high hopes for the game, but when it's free to play atm..i don't wanna play, so thats got to say something. If the game was awesome i would say so.

BTW, I'm not a casual player.. I'm in top hardcore guild on my server.

it will pull same numbers as Lineage in US

• JaeSwiftJaeSwift Member Posts: 201

It's currently way more grindy than it will be @ release because the beta build is on patch 1.0, and the live game for the western market will release with patch 1.5 which has an amazing amount of content updates.

Leveling in Aion might be slower than in WoW, but I'de bet it takes about as long to reach 50 in Aion as it does to reach 80 in AoC, and I liked that leveling pace. WoW is way too fast for me, you don't get a lot of time to enjoy the ride imo.

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

Most players don't want to enjoy the ride these days.  It is rather sad.

I just canceled subscription to WoW like 5 minutes ago.  I been thinking about quitting for a while, but the WoW flamer was the straw that broke the camel's back.

WoW was rather fast for me too, and the raid got old since once the strategy is set, there are only small changes on the instances.  I played FFXI and WoW simultaneously for years, was planning on juggling Aion too, but since I quit.  I got an open slot for another full time MMORPG now.

Now that I think about it, maybe juggling 3 games was not smart to begin with, but hey it worked out in the end.

Aion's grind is nothing compare to older asian MMORPG that never made global.  Grinding is sometimes part of the fun.

P.S  Don't bother flame this replay either, I reply and I leave.  This my new anti-flame strategy..

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by TsukieU

Pretty safe bet considering the amount of players WoW has, don't you think? I personally know of quite a few that are going to give this game a shot, along with many other future games. It's nothing new, maybe it's just the difference between being a gamer and being a WoW player.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Shastra

Grind what grind? did he say grind? did i read grind? grind really?

/troll fail.

Forgive me for I have not even looked into AION because I dislike quest grind games but I believe it is setup to level though doing quest correct?  

Every MMO ever made has a grind, its how well the developers hind the grind that makes the difference,,, the new way to hind the grind is to make quest hubs... I hate quest grind MMOs... I will not be playing AION because of that but I know AION has grinding to it because its an MMO

Sooner or Later

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401
    Pretty safe bet considering the amount of players WoW has, don't you think? I personally know of quite a few that are going to give this game a shot, along with many other future games. It's nothing new, maybe it's just the difference between being a gamer and being a WoW player.

I really never cared for the gaming opinion split. When I talk about a game or compare themI do it objectively.  I played WoW, but I didn't like it that much to start with, I just somehow kept playing it.  Probably due to my former roomate who got me started.

I consider myself a gamer that happend to play WoW.  Not all WoW players are bad, but there sure are enough to give us a bad reputation.

I quit anyways, nothing to do with me now.  Not particularly attached to MMORPG, just a good way to kill some free time.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Pre-order? LoL an MMO? LoL Serious?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.