Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I'll dive back in.

TravisJ9064TravisJ9064 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Hey guys, I'm gonna be giving World of Warcraft a go again using the 10 day wotlk trial. I'll probobly subscribe and am just wondering who plays and where. I definately wanna do this right this time, playing with a partner/group, having more fun. I always soloed primarily before and got bored so horrendously. Wish me luck.

Alot of the newer changes have peaked my interest a little bit and I never really hated wow I just got extremely bored of it, but, like I said I wanna do it right this time and get some good friends to battle with , i gotta try and keep away from super-solo i'll just lose interest again. 

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

3.2 patch is just around the corner, if your thinking of starting from lvl 1 I would wait for that as many will be starting new toons as they get the option to turn off EXP gain and gain EXP in battlegrounds.

• TravisJ9064TravisJ9064 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Well im not subbed yet, just doing the 10 day trial, so, it can't hurt to get a couple levels under my belt. can it? 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Welcome back!

But it will be hard to find someone who wana group with you except for difficult quests. As you know when you group, the xp earn is lesser than that of solo.

Anyway, good luck and have fun...

RIP Orc Choppa

• TravisJ9064TravisJ9064 Member UncommonPosts: 16

My only issue is deciding what I want to play. I hear they changed the hunter a ton, so, I'm very intrigued by it, but, my ol' fave is warlock and I have no idea what they've done to them. Any adivce guys? 

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

When did you last play?

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

So you are looking for a class  that's powerful now, than i would suggest pally. You can even solo a elite 1 level above you.

Take note, there's tons of pally and dk now...

But if are looking for a raid spot once you hit level cap, than i would suggest war, priest, druid, hunter ( survival ) and even shaman...

Just my view..

RIP Orc Choppa

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Yeah, give it a go. The latest gen of MMO's seem intent on robbing the player blind with high purchase costs or high purchase costs.

At least with WoW the sub covers all. Except the name and sex changes, etc. But even then you can just reroll if you want to watch the pennies.

• My current suggestion for a great class to play is Druid. You can tank, heal or DPS and it's great for soloing, just last week I solo'ed some Level 37's while I was Level 32 without losing half health, it helps that you can quickly heal yourself, then resume doing damage instantly, without losing too much mana etc.

As a Restoration specc'ed Druid, all you have to say in Trade or LFG is "Resto druid LFG any heroic (or raid)" and on my server (Lightbringer[EU]) you get about 3 invitations to join groups.

Sought after, uncommon and generally awesome makes it a pretty neat class :)

And welcome back :)

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by nyxium

Yeah, give it a go. The latest gen of MMO's seem intent on robbing the player blind with high purchase costs or high purchase costs.
     At least with WoW the sub covers all. Except the name and sex changes, etc. But even then you can just reroll if you want to watch the pennies.

I had to buy my WoW expansions. You got yours for free?

What do other games charge for that WoW doesn't? You've already excluded name, sex, server and faction changes. I assume you also exclude the TCG items. So what exactly are these new MMOs charging you for?

You can play Free Realms for free or gain access to locked items and professions by paying a $5 monthly fee or get some items from their item shop. The game itself is free to download and total cost is still less than WoW.

Aion is going to be $50 with a free month and then $15 a month to play. How is that different from WoW?

What "latest gen" MMOs are "robbing the player blind"?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.