Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Download Price Opinions

kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

So the Digital Download version is now available and will set you back £44.35 in the UK. Whats everyone think to that?

Personally I think again Starvault have completely overpriced, especially for a digital download option. The most expensive of PC games cost £30 here in the UK but generally you can always get them for less. Also pricier than the highest retail price for console games, which again you can generally get cheaper online.

Comments

• soflasurfrsoflasurfr Member Posts: 31

Stupid question, but how the hell do you start the digital download once you buy the game?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

This is the price I am willing to risk to help finance this game about half of the box price was expected and its fair enough, if its too pricey for you just wait until more info or a free trial.

Cant really expect a free game this is not your usual company with a few million backing them up. Like someone said if by paying 44 pounds im helping create the game I want to play then im willing to risk that, not 90 pounds tho.

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Until more info and proper gameplay footage is shown I wont be buying the DD at that price. I absolutely love the look of MO and really hope its great but I'm not willing to pay more than a standard console game cost, and over the price of every PC game i've ever bought for a version of a game without the retail box where my purchase would be  based upon a couple of trailers, screenshots and alot of talk - we all know what happened last time people took that plunge.

The overpricing of the DD version quite simply shows they are totally riding on fan-hype to get funds to keep making the game. A business model which I don't support. I figured the box versions were overpriced simply due to the manufacturing costs and what not, but the DD version also being a high price shows this isnt the case

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I think it's too expensive. But what stops me from buying is them hiding the prices until the shop opens. I was expecting them being more honest about it and explaining the reason for the high prices.

• TenchiMuyoTenchiMuyo EVE Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 22

If you think that's insane, I paid $55 USD, which is $5 USD more than a normal regular PC game, or Wii game.

And I'm not even sure it'll play on my current laptop. Luckily, I'll have till August 31st to hope my Fall Financial Aid will get me a MacBook Pro, so I can play it. (Yes, I know there is no Mac supported version, I plan to bootcamp, for those unfamiliar with Macs, it is a legal process built into Macs, to run Windows Operating Systems).

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

To expensive for a PC game for sure, $55 is high after tax it would end up around $60 or more most likely. This is only $15 cheaper than the boxes, which I could somewhat understand those being overpriced with shipping/manufacturing costs. I will be waiting for E block or release to check reviews on if I want to buy it. Lost to much money in the past pre-ordering(AoC, LoTRO) and those were suppose to be backed by million dollar companies.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by MaGicBush

To expensive for a PC game for sure, $55 is high after tax it would end up around $60 or more most likely. This is only $15 cheaper than the boxes, which I could somewhat understand those being overpriced with shipping/manufacturing costs. I will be waiting for E block or release to check reviews on if I want to buy it. Lost to much money in the past pre-ordering(AoC, LoTRO) and those were suppose to be backed by million dollar companies.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I know a lot of politicians have been trying to get their dirty hands on our money, but I haven't heard any new developments saying that we pay tax on internet purchases. Although maybe the EU has some tax that we would have to pay, honestly dont know.

Also, 60 USD is the price of any new console game on the market, although I was honestly expecting something around 40 USD from an independant developer, I would still be willing to part with 60 if it turns out to be good.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Too, expensive? Compair this to other MMO's ... what do you get extra for that price ...?

* Free expansions  

* Beta slot 

But people allways want a free game. Only games that suck have to be given away for free, othervise noone want to play them.