Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Official" *How many of you upgraded your PC to run Aion* Specs inside:

RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hey Everyone,

 

I was wondering how many of you decided hey since Aion is coming out, I might as well upgrade to see the game on full graphics. I made that decision myself, I was running

Current PC: single core 3.14 ghtz 2 gig ram, 1900x crossfire Radeon 256 vid memory. My PC can run Aion relatively high settings and still get a smooth FPS. I decided however since im going into game design I might as well get a high powered PC so I can use other programs AND be able to run Aion full settings.

Ordererd PC: So I went to www.ibuypower.com and ordered a new PC, 8 gig ram, vista 64-bit, 9800gt nVIDIA 1 gb memory, quad core 2.66 ghtz.

Minimum System Requirements



Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection



DirectX : 9.0c



Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space



Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2



Processor : 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent



RAM : 1GB RAM



Video Card : NVIDIA® 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI Radeon™ x700 with 128MB RAM or higher

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended System Requirements



Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection



DirectX : 9.0c



Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space



Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2/ Vista



Processor : Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent



RAM : 2GB RAM



Video Card : NVIDIA® 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon™ x800 with 256MB or higher

 

Comments

  • kavon425kavon425 Member UncommonPosts: 28

    even though i can run crysis on max at about 30 fps no lag ever...i am going to upgrade sometime early next year.



    however, my brother doesnt meet the minimum requirements so he would upgrade, but he doesnt have the money.

  • GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

    I upgraded my pc for Age of Conan.  It's capable of running anything at max for another two years.

     

    Intel Quad Core Extreme Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz

    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4

    8Gb OCZ @ 1066

    2x ATI 4870 1Gb Crossfire (Overclocked Top Editions)

    Seagate Barracuda (Raid 0) 1 TB 32mb Buffers

    Corsair 1000HXw Modular PSU

    Thermochill 120.3 PA Radiator

    TDX CPU Block, Maze 4 GPU Block, MCT-5 Coolant, DD5 Pump

    Samsung 305T 30" 2560x1600, Altec Lansing 641U, Vista Ultimate x64

    LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

    I actually upgraded when WAR came out.  Most of the lag in the game had nothing to do with my computer.  Luckily I play other games (like Aion) so it wasn't a waste of money.

    I also ordered from cyberpowerpc.com (i think it's the same company as ibuypower).  I heard many complaints about these 2 companies, but still ordered it.  The RAM was not in properly when I first recieve the PC, neither was my video card.  Also, for some reason my power supply doesn't really fit in the case they used.  It's jammed in there and crooked.  That being said everything still works perfectly.  My suggestion to you would be to open it up when you first get it, and make sure everything is in place, and not loose.

    I'm happy with my PC, but I doubt I would ever order from cyberpowerpc or ibuypower again.  Not only did they not check to see if the PC works before shipping (obvious because RAM and Vid Card were not snapped in place), but it took them about a month just to deliver it, with a PSU that doesn't even fit in my case.  Definitely not quality service. 

  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by bleyzwun


    I actually upgraded when WAR came out.  Most of the lag in the game had nothing to do with my computer.  Luckily I play other games (like Aion) so it wasn't a waste of money.
    I also ordered from cyberpowerpc.com (i think it's the same company as ibuypower).  I heard many complaints about these 2 companies, but still ordered it.  The RAM was not in properly when I first recieve the PC, neither was my video card.  Also, for some reason my power supply doesn't really fit in the case they used.  It's jammed in there and crooked.  That being said everything still works perfectly.  My suggestion to you would be to open it up when you first get it, and make sure everything is in place, and not loose.
    I'm happy with my PC, but I doubt I would ever order from cyberpowerpc or ibuypower again.  Not only did they not check to see if the PC works before shipping (obvious because RAM and Vid Card were not snapped in place), but it took them about a month just to deliver it, with a PSU that doesn't even fit in my case.  Definitely not quality service. 



     

    Everyone I have spoken to has liked the company. It is the first time I have ordered through them so hopefully mine comes alright as well. Sorry to hear that you didnt have any luck with them. Perhaps when you ordered through them they were just starting out or had some issues at the time. Eitherway I dont need to get the PC in any sort of time crunch. But I will make sure what they send me is a quality product or I will get my money back.

  • SeamzSeamz Member UncommonPosts: 55

    I plan to get another GB of RAM and to upgrade my PSU, but otherwise I'll stick with what I have until I can get some real dough for upgrades.

  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 236

    Not realy upgraded for aion but did just upgrade anyway to a q9650 , 8 gig mem, gtx 285 . Game is running great for me in beta and china client maxx settings 1680x1050 around 120 / 60 fps depends on area.

  • DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

    0

  • NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

    All the specs on my computer is above recommended requirements except for my CPU. 

    I use pentium 4  3.0 gigahertz still.  It runs Aion pretty well even at max setting, plus changing a motherboard and a CPU is such a pain in the butt.  I do notice it have some weird pause and small lag in crowded areas, but I am not sure if that is due to my PC mainly or because of the amount of people around.  Lower the setting didn't help with that so I think it is actually a connecton lag problem than my PC spec alone.

    When not in town however, everything runs quite smooth.  I suppose if it does run into problem running Aion during the actual launch I might consider upgrading the CPU + MB. 

  • nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272

     core i7 950 OC'ed to 3.6 Ghz

    Nvidia BFG 295 GTX 1.7 gig of mem

    6 gig kingston ram 1375 mhz.

    Asus gene mobo.

    Think those are pretty much the highlights of my rig, should be more than enough to play Aion. I can play Crysis at max settings with 50-60 fps, no lag.

  • EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

    No need to.

    My Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, WinXP 32 bits and Geforce 9800 GX2 can play it a maximum settings. Although its graphics are damn good, the best for me (also considering efficiency), they are also smooth.

    I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't have a DX10 version though, I was expecting the need to upgrade my OS if I wanted to play Aion at the definite maximum (I thought the game had DX10 by looking at the screenshots before playing the game). 

  • kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

     Yeah i found no need too; Maybe because my computer was upgraded for AoC so that pretty much is self explanatory. 

    Also, on my friends 3 year old lap top without any mods, she can run the game easily with beautiful graphics, just no shadows, but hey, thats all good =]. 

    This game isnt a OMFG WE MUST GO BUY A NEW COMPUTER ; its a i can run beautifully on old computers, oh and i can run beautifully on new computers.

    its a win win.

    =]

     

    PS - All mammals have nipples.

    Get over it already.


    image

  • TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by Wakygreek


    Hey Everyone,
     
    I was wondering how many of you decided hey since Aion is coming out, I might as well upgrade to see the game on full graphics. I made that decision myself, I was running
    Current PC: single core 3.14 ghtz 2 gig ram, 1900x crossfire Radeon 256 vid memory. My PC can run Aion relatively high settings and still get a smooth FPS. I decided however since im going into game design I might as well get a high powered PC so I can use other programs AND be able to run Aion full settings.
    Ordererd PC: So I went to www.ibuypower.com and ordered a new PC, 8 gig ram, vista 64-bit, 9800gt nVIDIA 1 gb memory, quad core 2.66 ghtz.
    Minimum System Requirements



    Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection



    DirectX : 9.0c



    Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space



    Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2



    Processor : 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent



    RAM : 1GB RAM



    Video Card : NVIDIA® 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI Radeon™ x700 with 128MB RAM or higher

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recommended System Requirements



    Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection



    DirectX : 9.0c



    Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space



    Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2/ Vista



    Processor : Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent



    RAM : 2GB RAM



    Video Card : NVIDIA® 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon™ x800 with 256MB or higher

     



     

    GL with Ibuypower! Have seen a few horror stories with them. Building yourself is always best if you know how.

    Also why the older graphics card? 9800gt.... I'd have atleast tried to get a GTX260/ATI4890

     

    image

  • Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

    Bought the following parts for a computer yesterday, will be building it this weekend.

     

    AMD Phenom (not sure which exactly)

    4 GB of Kingston 1333 Ram

    Radeon 4850 (1 GB)

    Vista 32 Home Edition

     

     

    Can I run Aion at max seetings?

  • ZorakGhostalZorakGhostal Member Posts: 122

    Aion has some very reasonable system requirements. My 2 year old setup meets them no problem, very nice to see that imo and no doubt it will translate into more players.

    Also I play crysis with 210000FPS!!!! :PP

  • ZivaDominiZivaDomini Member Posts: 442

    With DX11 and windows 7 just around the corner, I definately wouldn't be upgrading right now.

    image

  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

    I upgraded my PC for WAR.  Too bad it still lagged like crazy.  Good thing for me, my PC is ready for Aion.

  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

    Glad I'm not the only one that upgraded my comp for AoC (but ended up losing interest and quitting in my case).

    Nice to know that it won't be a waste after all :).

  • green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

    Not me.

    I upgraded my machine for Champions Online.

    Then they decided to spring a subscription + MTs payment model on us.

    After spewing some suitably foul language, I looked around to find what else was on the mmo market and happily stumbled across Aion.

    Having just upgraded everything, I didn't even look at the system specs when I pre-ordered Aion last week so I could get into the closed beta weekend.

    And what fun I had!

  • Originally posted by bleyzwun


    I upgraded my PC for WAR.  Too bad it still lagged like crazy.  Good thing for me, my PC is ready for Aion.

     

    I also upgraded my PC for WAR. But since I have quit now Im happy I got a good computer for Aion. Hopefully it will run smoothly when I come to the Abyss and meet up with, hopefully, ALOT of other people. =]

  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by green13


    Not me.
    I upgraded my machine for Champions Online.
    Then they decided to spring a subscription + MTs payment model on us.
    After spewing some suitably foul language, I looked around to find what else was on the mmo market and happily stumbled across Aion.
    Having just upgraded everything, I didn't even look at the system specs when I pre-ordered Aion last week so I could get into the closed beta weekend.
    And what fun I had!

    Indeed, I was there too and had a blast.

     

    In fact, some of the people I stopped and had conversations with were coming from games that used microtransactions and how they were happy to play normal subscription games again where the player's potential is based on effort and not cash.  I'm glad I've never played games like that >.>.

  • DualmindDualmind Member Posts: 1

    Yup Yup I am upgrading...

     

    Its about time I did anyway.. sigh...

  • vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by ZivaDomini


    With DX11 and windows 7 just around the corner, I definately wouldn't be upgrading right now.



     

    this.

    I upgraded for VG last year, spare me your sarcasm.

    e8400/260 gtx/4gig 800mhz ram.

    I run aion at max on 1900x1200.

  • NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

    you bought a PC from ibuypower? lol. Worst company ever btw.

    I bought myself a new laptop last year after getting tired of moving my PC back and forth from college and home (going home on large breaks). Certainly was well worth it and it's quite the beastly thing.

    I figure after college I'll build myself another desktop though, but for now this laptop works wonders. (2.1ghz core2duo, 4Gb DDR3, 9800M GTS 1GB)


    It really is a wonderful time to upgrade if you need to though. There is no need for the latest hardware currently when old cards such as the 8800 still perform very strongly. One of the most demanding games out on the market, Crysis, has been out '07 after all. Especially now that we're in a recession you can bet that not a lot of developers are going to try and push hardware even further due to being afraid about low sales.

    DX10 is hardly used currently (I have vista 64 and I really don't play any games that take advantage of DX10) and chances are DX11 isn't going to be as huge of a deal either.

  • krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

     I upgraded many months ago. Not for Aion, but because I upgrade every 1-2 years.

    Quad core extreme, Geforece 275, 6G ram, and max setting on 24" Samsung.

    To be honest the deeper I get into beta the less inclined I am to play the game. Not because I don't like it, or it looks bad, but because it feels so close to the last game that I left. I'm looking for a different and fun experience if I'm going to invest the money and more importantly time to my next MMO.

    [(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail


    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy


Sign In or Register to comment.