Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 days come back offer i lasted 5 minutes

Hearing that the game is offereing a 10 days come back offer i took advantage of it, thinking i might enjoy the game, i played about a month at launch and got bored of my melee guy.   So i decided to try to play a healer this time, so i install the game, download the 1.5go patch and launch the game.

I choosed Archmage and create my character, everything is fine so far, get the first quest to kill some Sprite mobs around the starting area, so i go.   Start casting my damage spell, mob loose about 1/4 of it's hp, casting again, mob is half health but on me this time, no biggie i think....  cast my spell and now the fun begin....   the next 5 attempts at casting my spell.....

Disrupt

Disrupt

Disrupt

Disrupt

Disrupt

all failed because the mob was hitting me !   What kind of stupid game mechanic is that ?   I can live with spell pushback and occasional fizzle, but this is freaking ridiculous.

Comments

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Maybe Tasos joined the team and is going to make WAR so hardcore you cant get out of training areas

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Ive no love for this game, but you've clearly not quite grasped the principle of 'multiplayer' games.

Any spell casting class in any game is a team player, he needs a tank, a warrior, something to take aggro while he deals the massive damage from a far.

I just cant think of any game where the mage can solo easily at all,  the only one I can think of is Vangaurd and thats only because you can move while cast spells.  Even then its very very tough unless your a psionasist.

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

It sounds like that you were too close to the sprites when you started casting.  I have an AM, and remember the sprites well.  I also remember not one of them even getting close to me before they died.  Try backing off to the max range for the spell and try again.

Ion

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by sadeyx

Ive no love for this game, but you've clearly not quite grasped the principle of 'multiplayer' games.
    Any spell casting class in any game is a team player, he needs a tank, a warrior, something to take aggro while he deals the massive damage from a far.
    I just cant think of any game where the mage can solo easily at all,  the only one I can think of is Vangaurd and thats only because you can move while cast spells.  Even then its very very tough unless your a psionasist.

He's talking about the very first quest you get in the newbie area.  No need for a group to defeat these mobs.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Clearly you've never played World of Warcraft. It's very possible to make casters that are capable of holding their own.

• ParkCarsHereParkCarsHere Member Posts: 666
    Originally posted by fansede

Maybe Tasos joined the team and is going to make WAR so hardcore you cant get out of training areas

Rofl... well played.

Anyways, to the OP, my response: "....what?"

You seriously played an MMO for 5 minutes and couldn't beat the level 1 mobs at the starting area? This is one of the worst trolling attempts I've ever seen.

BTW, you don't get "disrupts" because the mob is hitting you - you get that when the mob resists your spell. You get spell pushback (sometimes interruption) when mobs are hitting you.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

in vanguard: druid, sorc, psi and necro all solo insanely well

EQ:  Wizard, Necro, Mage, Enchanter, solo'd the hell outta them all

EQ2: again, solo'd to 45ish atleast with each caster type except the goodie goodie enchanter

WoW: Mages and Warlocks solo pretty damned well, even when you don't have a clue what you're doing (my then 3 yr old took the keyboard when I was making dinner and he was soloing with my lock)

Any Korean grinder (L2, Rappelz, Requiem, etc): casters are the solo characters as far as i've played.

Only mmo I've played where the casters are useless without a tank is DDO that I can remember.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Originally posted by ParkCarsHere

Rofl... well played.

You seriously played an MMO for 5 minutes and couldn't beat the level 1 mobs at the starting area? This is one of the worst trolling attempts I've ever seen.

I'm not talking about beating the mob, i'm talking about the game mechanic, unless the game mechanic is different at level 1 then it is at 50.....

Originally posted by Aguitha

Rofl... well played.

I'm not talking about beating the mob, i'm talking about the game mechanic, unless the game mechanic is different at level 1 then it is at 50.....

Edited my post right when you posted - disrupts aren't because the mob was hitting you, it means the mob resisted the spell.

• njainjai Member Posts: 77

Maybe your mob got bugged.

Darkfall for now.

Quit bashing games YOU don't like! Including WoW, you know you liked it before you got burned out.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Njai

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by njai

Maybe your mob got bugged.

That's what everyone says when they can't play a game very well...

It's almost as common as, "I was lagged."

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Hearing that the game is offereing a 10 days come back offer i took advantage of it, thinking i might enjoy the game, i played about a month at launch and got bored of my melee guy.   So i decided to try to play a healer this time, so i install the game, download the 1.5go patch and launch the game.
    I choosed Archmage and create my character, everything is fine so far, get the first quest to kill some Sprite mobs around the starting area, so i go.   Start casting my damage spell, mob loose about 1/4 of it's hp, casting again, mob is half health but on me this time, no biggie i think....  cast my spell and now the fun begin....   the next 5 attempts at casting my spell.....
    Disrupt
    Disrupt
    Disrupt
    Disrupt
    Disrupt
    all failed because the mob was hitting me !   What kind of stupid game mechanic is that ?   I can live with spell pushback and occasional fizzle, but this is freaking ridiculous.

I suggest do not attempt to deal damage if you are healer class. If you do not like to heal others then you might need to be over lv35 to deal considerable damage and speced to damaging.

This game is real buggy and the more they try to balance or improve the more bugs generated parallelly. The only thing kept me playing this game is killing Destructions everyday, and it is so much fun.

Originally posted by Larry2298

Disrupt
    Disrupt
    Disrupt
    Disrupt
    Disrupt

I suggest do not attempt to deal damage if you are healer class. If you do not like to heal others then you might need to be over lv35 to deal considerable damage and speced to damaging.

Wait... what!? He is playing an Archmage... the mirror class of the Shaman. They are made to be hybrids, easily doing DPS or healing. Even my heal-spec Shaman can do plenty of damage to solo anything in this game. Don't tell him to "not do damage" when his class is perfectly capable, and designed, to do damage.

This game is real buggy and the more they try to balance or improve the more bugs generated parallelly. The only thing kept me playing this game is killing Destructions everyday, and it is so much fun.

The game is no more buggy than most MMOs out there, and every patch certainly does not create more "parallel" bugs.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Wait... what!? He is playing an Archmage... the mirror class of the Shaman. They are made to be hybrids, easily doing DPS or healing. Even my heal-spec Shaman can do plenty of damage to solo anything in this game. Don't tell him to "not do damage" when his class is perfectly capable, and designed, to do damage. 

All mirrors are NOT equal in this game, so I am not sure why you are trying to pretend they are.

Some mirrors do better than others and at different levels.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Shaman is an over-powered class among Chaos class. I have seen many AM tried to deal damages but they are not DPS class anyhow. I think the hidden default stats makes them more likely as a healer. Anyhow, they got splendid skills but the opponent also have strong resistence.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

i lasted two days . on a medium load server . played some tier 4 with my rune priest  but had real trouble getting into warbands and scenarios ... what i ended up doing was chatting to friends online while waiting for something to happen . very boring and was nt pleased they deleted my level 25 squig herder completly . why would anyone want to come back .

• D|CED|CE Member Posts: 197

As it was already mentioned, the mob was "evading", a.k.a. was in anti-cheat mode. In WAR when mob starts "disrupting" every hit is just means you found yet another bugged mob that thinks you are cheating. Usually moving away few feet fixes the mob. Wait till you see a dungeon boss that all of the sudden decides to heal up and "disrupt" everything.

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837
    Originally posted by blackthornn

(my then 3 yr old took the keyboard when I was making dinner and he was soloing with my lock.

I have to call you out on this.

A 3-year old soloing on a lock in World of Warcraft?

C'mon.

Next you'll be telling me he soloed hogger.

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235

OP is either retarded or retarded... AM easily soloes any mob (normal or elite) of his own lvl