Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project X Gets Pushed

Comments

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

I have figured it out! Oh yes MMORPG.com staff! I have figured out your clever and deceitful game!

Project-X is really a tool for MMORPG.com to generate statistical information. Now follow my train of though here.

"Project-X" is simply a tool for MMORPG.com to gather statistical data on the MMO community who visit their site. They want to know how long we can be strung along, applying to Beta test a … "thing" which we have absolutely no knowledge about. Now they plan on compiling the data they have received and break it down into useful and applicable information which they can then sell to game developers. These game developers will then buy this information so they can see the type responses commonly given on Beta applications and demographic information.

Now I know you are thinking to yourself, "Well MMO’s receive millions of Beta applications throughout their development process; why would they need even MORE data?!" And to this I say, "That is a fantastic question!"

However, it is a question I can address with a vague and somewhat plausible explanation. The information MMO developers get is only applicable for THEIR specific game, not to the MMO community at large. "Project-X", though, is open ended and really could be anything; so it covers a broad base.

But I tainted their results with this because I have exposed them! Yes, I ruined your data! I win! I win! I win….

Ok in all seriousness I just had fun typing that and I really don’t believe anything I said. But I guess it could be possible. They are using us as test subjects in their diabolical rat maze! Ok maybe I do believe it ...::::36::

===========================
    I hope SWG dies a slow miserable death and costs SOE a fortune in the process.

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

"I hope SWG dies a slow miserable death and costs SOE a fortune in the process."
    lmao dude I love your signature ::::01::

• digibluezdigibluez Member Posts: 20

Although ProjectX is a command-line tool, it is now supplied with batch files to enable usage simply by double-clicking from within the Windows graphical interface. Advanced use still requires the command-line, but the primary function (grabbing sounds from SR2 and BO2) is now fully automated.

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Misc/ProjectX.zip

Sry.....but i just imageimageimage @ U guys---LolllOLLZ

Hell if its a game then i eat my Pants!!

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Best way to find this programmer is to make up another add for a consulting job or outsource job (using a different company name of course) and see if the guy bites.  If he comes in for an interview, shut and lock the door, then proceed to beat him over the head with your keyboard.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

Hey admin is there any update on this matter?Did you already find that programmer,i mean if officials found his dead body already?::::40::
    Drop a line here pls about X ty::::28::

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::
    lordken->Friendly Mastermind

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

No, he still appears to be "hiding" - we have an attorney looking over the case right now.  One way or another X will be taking a new direction with a new developer...the only question at hand right now is if we will get our monies back that we paid the first guy image

I have already seen early prototypes of the new developers plans for X - and I think it looks better than the first one so far - so at least there is some good news image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Admin
    No, he still appears to be "hiding" - we have an attorney looking over the case right now. One way or another X will be taking a new direction with a new developer...the only question at hand right now is if we will get our monies back that we paid the first guy image
    I have already seen early prototypes of the new developers plans for X - and I think it looks better than the first one so far - so at least there is some good news image- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Can't wait. ::::31::

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Project X was actually the name of my Fantasy Football team for several years...

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Ouchee, you can never tell when things can go wrong.  At least you have an attorney looking into the issue. 

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0c and cable ISP 3mb

• sephiroth360sephiroth360 Member Posts: 95
    image U have 2 be 18 image

• what is project x

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Cikbik
    what is project x

SSSSH, its a secret.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Originally posted by Cikbik

what is project x

Like the post before me, its very top secret and none have guessed it.  LOL, even if some was actually close to guessing what project X was, they will not tell us cause it's a SURPRISE.....SECRET

We having fun yet

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0c and cable ISP 3mb

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I heard from someone who heard someone else talking on the cell phone to someone about Project X.  Word is, it's a test to see how many replies they can fit into a thread about something people know nothing about.  Also, they want to see how high they can drive the "Views" number of that thread.

Shhhhh....

• seanyukseanyuk Member Posts: 5

k thx

• lgnkilgnki Member Posts: 66

A bump and a plea for an update for the new year!

-----------------------------------
    Search Key: 84218

• DekothDekoth Member Posts: 474
    I like the modular concept, that sounds very intriguing. However I hope this does not follow alot of the trends already set, its honestly about time for someone to break the mold a bit and expand into something a bit different.

• LaylaHVKLaylaHVK Member Posts: 1

Ooooo.. What could X possibly be? ::::06:: Maybe some sort of addition to the site, like a thing where you put in youc comp specs and it'll tell you how well you can run different games or something. But that wouldn't be such a big thing.
    Gah, when will we find out what it is??

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    oh yeah, well project X should push back.. come on, dont punk out X show us what your made of!

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• soxxssoxxs Member UncommonPosts: 44
    What happend to project I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX?

Member of The Watch, a euro Horizons guild.
    www.euromage.com

• DestroyeronDestroyeron Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Munki
    times like these I hate being a minor...

So true. X.X ::::21::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Terran: Welcome to Hell

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Originally posted by Destroyeron

Don't you know? Project X is a secret little "game" setup sort of like UP except there's no skills, only a few commands. The whole point of it is that it's an online BDSM club for those of age to do some of the "kinkier" things that aren't usually allowed in the MMO world ::::40::

SOE makes decent games that appeal to nerds. Their customer service is run by jocks who bully nerds. Wonder why SOE sucks so bad...

• babblebabble Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Destroyeron

Actually, you may no longer be a minor by the time they manage to push this thing out the door. :)

• truentseatruentsea Member Posts: 11
    What is project X for?
  • GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    It's a vague, ceaseless, formless public relations tool that was initiated over a year ago and has yet to materialize.

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

This discussion has been closed.