Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was going to play again, but...

ZenrenZenren Member UncommonPosts: 68

Well I was going to start up my old account. In fact I was a little bit excited to play Everquest II after all these years. I heard the Kunark Expansion was great and that the game held a lot of promise. So I go to find it in the store and what do I find, the nearest store that carries it is over 100 miles away from me in some small town with a single game store to its name. Why, I asked myself, would this game be completely absent from nearly every stores shelves on the eastern seaboard. When I asked one of the clerks, they answered simply, We were selling it for less than the Company's website, so they probably stopped shipping them.

What? That doesn't make sense. Don't the stores buy them from the company and then resell them anyway? Why would they have an issue with the stores selling them for less? Well maybe because it was like 10-20 dollars less. No one was buying them from the online store, which Sony probably relied on for a lot of the games revenue.

Long story short. I'm not paying $39.99 to play a game that hasn't gotten a graphics upgrade in years. It's just not going to happen. Unless someone can tell me why this game expansion is worth $39.99, I'm not going to pay for it.

If you're reading this, you probably need to get some sun.

Comments

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106

They've made a lot of improvements since 04'.  I would suggest purchasing it online.  The graphics have been improved a lot. I don't even think the top end computers can run the game on max settings.  I've got a Core 2 Quad with 8800 GT and 4 GB of Ram and the best I can run the game is High Quality, which is 3 or 4 settings below max.  I also played on Crushbone and that server was heavly populated.

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Zenren

Well I was going to start up my old account. In fact I was a little bit excited to play Everquest II after all these years. I heard the Kunark Expansion was great and that the game held a lot of promise. So I go to find it in the store and what do I find, the nearest store that carries it is over 100 miles away from me in some small town with a single game store to its name. Why, I asked myself, would this game be completely absent from nearly every stores shelves on the eastern seaboard. When I asked one of the clerks, they answered simply, We were selling it for less than the Company's website, so they probably stopped shipping them.
    What? That doesn't make sense. Don't the stores buy them from the company and then resell them anyway? Why would they have an issue with the stores selling them for less? Well maybe because it was like 10-20 dollars less. No one was buying them from the online store, which Sony probably relied on for a lot of the games revenue.
    Long story short. I'm not paying $39.99 to play a game that hasn't gotten a graphics upgrade in years. It's just not going to happen. Unless someone can tell me why this game expansion is worth $39.99, I'm not going to pay for it.

That's 40 $ for the retail, all expansions and a free month.

Oh and those 3 adventure packs aswell.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Well I was going to start up my old account.

you may already have all-in-one  Kunark

which includes all content except the most recent expansion

last summer -- SOE gave many older accounts, Kunark for free

you should should review your subscription info on your EQ2 acct to validate what you are already entitled to

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by Nadia

Well I was going to start up my old account.

you may already have all-in-one  Kunark

which includes all content except the most recent expansion

last summer -- SOE gave many older accounts, Kunark for free

you should should review your subscription info on your EQ2 acct to validate what you are already entitled to

*nods*

If you go to part of SOE and the "my account" area and look under you subscriptions.. you should have everything except the last expansion.  Which would cost you that "all in one" price if you wanted it (seems stupid to me but w/e).

Even my original EQ1 account that never had EQ2 and wasn't even active had all of the EQ2 content added (except for TSO of course).