Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Release Date for Fallen Earth announced

FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

Launch Slated for September 9

Grab your armor and get ready to fight for the future of mankind.FALLEN EARTH, LLC today announced that the post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game (MMO) Fallen Earth will be available via digital distribution and through retailers nationwide beginning Wednesday, September 9.

Fallen Earth combines the accuracy of first-person shooter games with the character advancement and strategic gameplay of a role-playing game. Taking place in the Grand Canyon as mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, players are thrust into the remains of the old world and must choose to rise above the hardships or embrace the surrounding destruction.

Fallen Earth allows players to align with one of six factions to claim control of territories and towns, asserting their distinct philosophies in the rebuilding of civilization. Players utilize a real-time crafting system to make 95 percent of game items—including the best gear, weapons and vehicles—and explore more than 1,000 square kilometers of territory and 70 towns. Additionally, Fallen Earth offers classless advancement that uses a skill-based system to build characters with a variety of stats, skills, factions, and mutation paths.

“We’ve been working to create a different type of MMO—something gritty and challenging that will give players an exciting and immersive gaming experience,” says Jessica Orr, product manager for Fallen Earth. “The Fallen Earth team is looking forward getting the game in the hands of our current and future fans.”

Beginning today, FallenEarth.com will feature a countdown to the release as well as up-to-the-minute assets and news. Fans can also stay up to date with Fallen Earth on the Facebook and Twitter (@FallenEarth) pages.

Comments

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

I hope this game works.  

I used to play Gamma World back in the day!  

"A Boy and his Dog" is one of my top ten movies.  

Mad Max's car is my wallpaper.  

I watched The Omega Man last night with the GF.

She liked the music.

• adrianemeryadrianemery Member Posts: 250

Dang, I am on Holiday for the 1st 3 weeks of September.

Do we know if they are splitting up the EU / NA or is it one set of servers for everybody?

Oh well I'll just have to play catch up when I get back.

• popalxpopalx Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Fedacorr

Launch Slated for September 9

Grab your armor and get ready to fight for the future of mankind.FALLEN EARTH, LLC today announced that the post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game (MMO) Fallen Earth will be available via digital distribution and through retailers nationwide beginning Wednesday, September 9.

Fallen Earth combines the accuracy of first-person shooter games with the character advancement and strategic gameplay of a role-playing game. Taking place in the Grand Canyon as mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, players are thrust into the remains of the old world and must choose to rise above the hardships or embrace the surrounding destruction.

Fallen Earth allows players to align with one of six factions to claim control of territories and towns, asserting their distinct philosophies in the rebuilding of civilization. Players utilize a real-time crafting system to make 95 percent of game items—including the best gear, weapons and vehicles—and explore more than 1,000 square kilometers of territory and 70 towns. Additionally, Fallen Earth offers classless advancement that uses a skill-based system to build characters with a variety of stats, skills, factions, and mutation paths.

“We’ve been working to create a different type of MMO—something gritty and challenging that will give players an exciting and immersive gaming experience,” says Jessica Orr, product manager for Fallen Earth. “The Fallen Earth team is looking forward getting the game in the hands of our current and future fans.”

Beginning today, FallenEarth.com will feature a countdown to the release as well as up-to-the-minute assets and news. Fans can also stay up to date with Fallen Earth on the Facebook and Twitter (@FallenEarth) pages.

Nicely done.

Can't wait to buy and play this game !!!!!

It looks awsame, and different from other MMO's out there.

I'm a member of Coloholics Anonymous.

• Ever-AngelEver-Angel Member Posts: 46

its more like a elder scroll" game with MP and guns

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Finally a decent game that isn't Fantasy.... Can't wait till launch been itching to play this game fully, didn't want to spoil all the fun before launch.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

[Mod Edit]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. I'm happy that its different than every game out there. From the setting to the way it plays..... That is one of the reasons why I liked FFXI it felt different than every mmo on the market. I already know Im buying the game at launch and will be playing for quite some time hopefully till FFXIV comes out. 

So if you're not going to play then cool, not everyone can like the same things I do and if everyone did it would be boring.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

A fool and his money are soon parted.

• OzrykOzryk Member Posts: 88

If you aren't looking for polish, this game is for you.

It's fun if you can get past the surface shock of playing a game that looks and feels like it's 6 or 7 years old.

Only game I've enjoyed crafting/gathering in as well.

• ninjajucerninjajucer Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Ozryk

If you aren't looking for polish, this game is for you.
    It's fun if you can get past the surface shock of playing a game that looks and feels like it's 6 or 7 years old.
    Only game I've enjoyed crafting/gathering in as well.

Yes crafting and gathering, that would be about 90% of the game. As I've stated before, there is a really good reason why they chose that particular area to start the game in.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

Not sure its a wise decision to release close to Aion, but i want to wish this game best of luck. Ill check it out once its been out a month or 2.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• TrowarTrowar Member Posts: 147

That it is released close to Aion shouldn´t matter, simply because they are so different. Aion seems to be a Lineage 3.0 that has been tweaked to attract even WoW players. FE aims for those players that has had it with Fantasy. Players from Anarchy online Matrix online, SW Galaxy, Tabula Rasa will hardly be intrested in Aion.

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

good thing it comes out early. If we get bored/sick w/e with aion then we will have a few reviews to judge before giving thy money 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

*sigh*

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

This makes me sad.

I guess the developers are running out of funding because the game is no where near ready to be released at this point.  Maybe they know something the beta testers don't, but I don't see how the game could possibly be ready for public consumption in a month and a half.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Originally posted by Martie

so in other words "This game will be bug ridden, with alot of features missing, and lack any sort of polish and it will suck ass at launch"
    Like the old saying goes that someone here said so called sandobx games now mean=unfinished bug ridden released games.

You asume much. :P

I don´t think EvE players would agree that they are playing a unfinished bug ridden game. And it is the ultimate sand-box game.

As I said there isn´t a lack of content, and as far as I have seen Icarus isn´t promising too much regarding features. If anything there is a demand for more features than the ones  promised.

There are bugs ofc, but not the type that makes you want to throw your computer out of the window because you lost hours of progress.  I haven´t seen anything that makes me want to stop play. I beta-tested WoW as Warlock and "pet-pathing" was a major issue even a year after WoW went live, now THAT was irritating, still WoW had so much potential at that time that I kept playing when it went live and for a few years despite that. And boy, did Molten Core, BWL and Onyxia lack polish at first?  >_<

I guess "buyer beware" would be about enough to say about this title.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

"Spoiled brats that wants everything on a silverplatter and completly debugged and lagfree, beware" I would say. 

The same thing I would have say about WoW just before it was released. Mass World PvP caused all kinds of crasches and shitloads of whining. But with hindsight that chaos, because it was chaos, was among the most fun pvp WoW had. Because of the spoiled brats that complained most PvP in that game is now instanced. Even Wintergrasp is going to be instanced sort of with a 100 player cap.

You can still have this laggish chaos in EvE, but no one wants the mass PvP there go away, "the zomg lag! I quit!" type players there are too few to dictate the direction of the game.

With hindsight of what happen to WoW, I hope we will not see those spoiled brats in FE. ;-)

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Kozom

good thing it comes out early. If we get bored/sick w/e with aion then we will have a few reviews to judge before giving thy money 

the normal aion and wow player (and i think most of the folks who play und love mainstream mmorpg's) will not like and play FE.

if you are expecting the same quality from a indie dev as from blizzard, sony (no joke here :)) etc. you will be disapointet.

i for one will be happy to play something different, i don't care about bug's, missing content (wathever this means for a sandbox).

if you are a mainsteeam gamer (no offense here) you better wait a year or 2 after release....

Originally posted by Trowar

Originally posted by Martie

so in other words "This game will be bug ridden, with alot of features missing, and lack any sort of polish and it will suck ass at launch"
    Like the old saying goes that someone here said so called sandobx games now mean=unfinished bug ridden released games.

You asume much. :P

I don´t think EvE players would agree that they are playing a unfinished bug ridden game. And it is the ultimate sand-box game.

As I said there isn´t a lack of content, and as far as I have seen Icarus isn´t promising too much regarding features. If anything there is a demand for more features than the ones  promised.

There are bugs ofc, but not the type that makes you want to throw your computer out of the window because you lost hours of progress.  I haven´t seen anything that makes me want to stop play. I beta-tested WoW as Warlock and "pet-pathing" was a major issue even a year after WoW went live, now THAT was irritating, still WoW had so much potential at that time that I kept playing when it went live and for a few years despite that. And boy, did Molten Core, BWL and Onyxia lack polish at first?  >_<

*Highlights sentence and raises eyebrow.*

Originally posted by Guillermo197

*Highlights sentence and raises eyebrow.*

For taking an example in another game. I had been playing EvE for a few weeks when I lost ship because of a game crash, it was in an asteroid field with NPC pirates in it. Now your ship will "teleport away" when you disconnects, but back then it didn´t happen. Needless to say I fully adopted "fly only what you can afford to lose" in EvE PvE as well after that . But anyway, it was very close that I throwed my computer out of the window back then in frustation, and yet EvE had been out for few years already.

I haven´t been close to that kind of frustation in FE because of bugs. When ever a player in FE encounters bugs and tells about them in global chat they are encouraged repeatable to do a /bug and do a report. And we have to encourage because doing the bug report takes longer than dealing with the actual bug and continue playing. 

Problem is we are under NDA and I have no desire to get banned. So I can't give any clear examples.

Altho, as they pretty much treat the game as Open Beta right now. (pretty much everyone that wants to can get in nowadays) I don't see the point of keeping the NDA up, as with the amount of people now, it's being breached left and right already.

Don't get me wrong. FE has the potential to become a great game. It's crafting system is awesome.

But it's just in no way ready for release in 6 weeks from now.

It just aggrevates me, that investors, publishers and development companies just don't seem to learn from all the failed MMO's these past 2-3 years! With 2008 being the most disastrous of them all.

I ever wonder what happened with the famous Blizzard quote of all time and no other company daring to addopt it: "We release when it's done!"

*sigh*

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Dameonk
    This makes me sad.
    I guess the developers are running out of funding because the game is no where near ready to be released at this point.  Maybe they know something the beta testers don't, but I don't see how the game could possibly be ready for public consumption in a month and a half.

QFT. My first impression was also game needs another year and alot more cash. Great concept, terrible execution.

Originally posted by Guillermo197

Problem is we are under NDA and I have no desire to get banned. So I can't give any clear examples.
    Altho, as they pretty much treat the game as Open Beta right now. (pretty much everyone that wants to can get in nowadays) I don't see the point of keeping the NDA up, as with the amount of people now, it's being breached left and right already.
    Don't get me wrong. FE has the potential to become a great game. It's crafting system is awesome.
    But it's just in no way ready for release in 6 weeks from now.
    It just aggrevates me, that investors, publishers and development companies just don't seem to learn from all the failed MMO's these past 2-3 years! With 2008 being the most disastrous of them all.
    I ever wonder what happened with the famous Blizzard quote of all time: "We release when it's done!"
    *sigh*

It will not be bug free when it is released. But Icarus has learned from the past, they are not going to repeat the AoC mistake of releasing a game that is short of content. An official figure is that there are 3000 quests in the game + add to this the EvE like crafting system. And I don´t see the WAR mistake of promising lots of things that didn´t go live.

6 weeks is too short to make it bug free, but the reason why 6 weeks might be enough has to do with the severity of the bugs, they are of game interrupting nature, quickly fixed, rather than gamebreaking ones. The biggest consern I think is how the server can take a heavy load of players, but  it looks like Icarus aknowledge this since they are having an unusual long stress test.

As for quotes goes the most infamous out there by any game developer has to be "When it's done" told by 3D realms about their game Duke Nukem Forever that they have developed since 1997.

And it turned out to be a great game... Right?

It will not be bug free when it is released. But Icarus has learned from the past, they are not going to repeat the AoC mistake of releasing a game that is short of content. An official figure is that there are 3000 quests in the game + add to this the EvE like crafting system. And I don´t see the WAR mistake of promising lots of things that didn´t go live.
    6 weeks is too short to make it bug free, but the reason why 6 weeks might be enough has to do with the severity of the bugs, they are of game interrupting nature, quickly fixed, rather than gamebreaking ones. The biggest consern I think is how the server can take a heavy load of players, but  it looks like Icarus aknowledge this since they are having an unusual long stress test.
    As for quotes goes the most infamous out there by any game developer has to be "When it's done" told by 3D realms about their game Duke Nukem Forever that they have developed since 1997.

It's not only about having enough content. If the game isn't running smooth. All that content isn't gonna help you one single bit.

Just like with with Age of Conan! As it wasn't lack of content, as that was only really noticable after level 60 around launch! Most people quit long before they reached that part! Simply, because the game wasn't running smooth at that time for most of the people!

And Duke Nukem Forever is VAPORWARE and has always been VAPORWARE. Any sane person knew that already from the beginning. But you got always some relegious fans that keep praying it isn't.

I am pretty sure you know exactly what I meant with that quote.

Cheers

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

"Spoiled brats that wants everything on a silverplatter and completly debugged and lagfree, beware" I would say. 

The same thing I would have say about WoW just before it was released. Mass World PvP caused all kinds of crasches and shitloads of whining. But with hindsight that chaos, because it was chaos, was among the most fun pvp WoW had. Because of the spoiled brats that complained most PvP in that game is now instanced. Even Wintergrasp is going to be instanced sort of with a 100 player cap.

You can still have this laggish chaos in EvE, but no one wants the mass PvP there go away, "the zomg lag! I quit!" type players there are too few to dictate the direction of the game.

With hindsight of what happen to WoW, I hope we will not see those spoiled brats in FE. ;-)

This is idiotic. When someone makes a purchase, they expect a complete, working product. GRANTED, in a MMORPG, you usually have a few bugs, as it is new software...but in MOST cases, it's at least PLAYABLE, and kind of finished.

If I bought a game that didn't run on the advertised system requirements, and was 60% incomplete, I would have a right to be pissed. Expecting a working product, worth your money, is not being a "spoiled brat", it's being a consumer with RIGHTS.

Oh, and I really don't give a flying, flatulating fuck about WoW.

"When it's done" has always been the policy of Id Software as well...and when have they EVER released an unfinished, buggy product?

Stop making excuses for developers releasing unfinished, broken code. It's this kind of shit that's driving people toward gaming on consoles, and leaving MMORPG players with nothing but shit to play.