Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid this game.

Comments

• Dryden23Dryden23 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Coming from a character with just about every skill maxed and from a high end guild, this game is junk. It is extremely cash shop heavy if you plan on doing the high end instances. The cash shop itself is very pricey the upgrade items should just be labeled "Insert coin here for failure".

The GM's are retarded. They have started hiding negative posts in the spam section of their forums which is all the way at the bottom. The support is one of the worst I have seen in any game to date.

The concept of the game is fairly good. The dual class system is nice but it leave many classes overpowered and many classes underpowered. The cookie cutter roles apply here as anything outside the norm is gimped. The economy is flawed at the moment due to the diamond nonsense on the auction house.

Diamond purchases have a 30 day hold (except for personal use in the cash shop) even if you use a credit card. If I had read up about this game prior to playing, I would have saved money, time, and patience which all were lost on this game. The game will have level upgrades which will make all the gear people spent quite a bit of money on obsolete. Mounts are bound to your character so even if you wanted a new mount (with real cash) you can't even pass the old one to your alt. Huge failure.

The company seems to be in over their head. The game is produced by one company, translated by another, and run by another. Sadly the company running it, Frogster, has no clue about 90% of the things they deal with. Their GM's and staff are rude, and ignorant about their product.

If you want something to play around with while you wait for something else, this is fine, but don't spend a dime on this game.

• Originally posted by caelach

ROM is one of the best cash shop games out there. But all cash shop games have some component of subterfuge woven into their fabric. Obviously, they want you to spend money on their game. They know many people will be sucked into doing that. They build that into the game. Their every move is directed to that end. They take great pain to portray themselves as giving something for free all the while plotting to coax as many as possible into parting with their money. I prefer the straightforward approach rather than the disingenuous. As I have repeatedly said, if people want to try this game go right ahead, but be wary. It is designed to suck the money out of you.

I think that's a bit exaggerated, but we each have our opinion on the matter. All "for profit" businesses are going to do their best to make as much money as they can. You certainly can't keep making a profit with a crap product, at least not for very long. I do think the RoM designers need to be more careful about making people (primarily end-game players) feel dependent on the cash shop while still giving incentive to keep using it. After all, the opposite scenario where the cash shop is all fluff and few people use it, won't help RoM in the slightest if they have to close it down due to lack of income.

Originally posted by caelach

How much have you spent on this "free" game?

That's a fair question. Between myself, my wife, and our 3 kids, we've spent a total of $66 (500 diamonds thrice - mostly for mounts) over the last 6 months. That's $13.20 per person or $2.20 per person/per month. Which is a lot less than if the 5 of us wanted to play GW, WoW, or any other non-F2P game... especially when you consider the additional cost of expansions (or whatever the GW word for their subsequent releases is) for those games vs. the free ones for RoM.

My turn: how much have you (and your household) spent on GW and all it's releases?

Again, it is unfair to lump GW into the p2p pile. There is not a subscription fee. I suppose it falls somewhere in between f2p and p2p. Certainly it costs FAR FAR less to play GW for 2 years than it would cost to play any p2p game out there.

Agreed, but it still isn't valid to compare GW to RoM. Consider someone who wants to try the game before spending money on it. Sure you could play WoW and some other titles through the beginner levels on a trail account, but that barely gives you one evening's worth of game play and certainly doesn't let you sample the game enough to make a worthwhile decision before investing money.

• l-lousel-louse Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Sixpax

That's a fair question. Between myself, my wife, and our 3 kids, we've spent a total of $66 (500 diamonds thrice - mostly for mounts) over the last 6 months. That's $13.20 per person or $2.20 per person/per month. Which is a lot less than if the 5 of us wanted to play GW, WoW, or any other non-F2P game... especially when you consider the additional cost of expansions (or whatever the GW word for their subsequent releases is) for those games vs. the free ones for RoM.

you spent money, so its not a free game to you, however it is cheaper than other games out there

imo spending money on the game only delays with how long you have to get annoyed with it. from what i have seen on my server, even the people who have put hundreds of dollars into the game have dissapeared, so yeah id say changes need to be made, or else avoid this game actually may become GOOD advice. but if thats the way someone feels about the game, why not leave and stop arguing about it and come back in the future when there is new features, or chat it up with some important people like GMs and see if you can get some changes made to make it so that the game is not an avoidable game instead of other players in the game who do not yet share the same opinion as you (which you eventually will, trust me)

• ZyrenaZyrena Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by l-louse

you spent money, so its not a free game to you, however it is cheaper than other games out there
    imo spending money on the game only delays with how long you have to get annoyed with it. from what i have seen on my server, even the people who have put hundreds of dollars into the game have dissapeared, so yeah id say changes need to be made, or else avoid this game actually may become GOOD advice. but if thats the way someone feels about the game, why not leave and stop arguing about it and come back in the future when there is new features, or chat it up with some important people like GMs and see if you can get some changes made to make it so that the game is not an avoidable game instead of other players in the game who do not yet share the same opinion as you (which you eventually will, trust me)

House, you make some very valid points here.  Unfortunately, attempting to post constructive feedback that touches on the GMs comes with warnings and potentially bans.  Also, the majority of suggestions made by the players receives very little attention or at most a "we're looking into it" response.

RoM has some great potential.  It is very Cash Shop dependent and with a level increase planned in the Fall of '09, spending money now to upgrade your character is not a wise decision.

Some points to look at when considering playing this game, either buying diamonds or not:

*Upgrading items in the CS and Token Shop have a large failure rate, this process costs unlucky players a lot of time or money in diamonds.

*Mounts and all other Cash/Token Shop items are character bound.

*Diamonds purchased are on a 30 day waiting period which means you may use them for your own character, but there is no gifting of items from the CS or abiltiy to use them on the AH.

*Game updates are slow to come and even when things are changed, notification of said changes are very late in being provided to the players.

• ThePatriot76ThePatriot76 Member Posts: 9

<snip>

1. Somebody with just as much right to express an opinion here as you.

2. A game that is good rather than mediocre or bad.

1. Sorry, but this is a private forum not owned by you. You do not have a right to express your opinion here. You do, however, have the privilege of posting here by the owner's consent. Your right to expression ends at private property. People think they have rights when it comes to someone else's property which irritates me to no end.

2. Define exactly what is good, mediocre, and bad for us. We have no idea what you have in mind when using those terms. Also, keep in mind that your opine is very, very subjective and after reading through this entire thread it appears that you are either obessive bordering with a god complex towards others or you were on the receiving end of punishment from Frogster with said punishment being either warranted or not.

• caelachcaelach Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Originally posted by ThePatriot76

<snip>

1. Sorry, but this is a private forum not owned by you. You do not have a right to express your opinion here. You do, however, have the privilege of posting here by the owner's consent. Your right to expression ends at private property. People think they have rights when it comes to someone else's property which irritates me to no end.

2. Define exactly what is good, mediocre, and bad for us. We have no idea what you have in mind when using those terms. Also, keep in mind that your opine is very, very subjective and after reading through this entire thread it appears that you are either obessive bordering with a god complex towards others or you were on the receiving end of punishment from Frogster with said punishment being either warranted or not.

1. I did not say I had any right to express an opinion here. I said I had as much right to do so as you. Don't get it messed up.

2. I have already answered what is good and what is bad. I will repeat it for you. WOW, GW, COH and LOTR are examples of good. ROM is bad.

Again, it is clear, most persons expressing their views here that like ROM cannot refrain from insulting those who express an unfavorable opinion about the worth of ROM. This goes far in proving that the ROM community is severely lacking and greatly contributes to the assertion that; ROM sucks.

ROM is one of the best cash shop games out there. But all cash shop games have some component of subterfuge woven into their fabric. Obviously, they want you to spend money on their game. They know many people will be sucked into doing that. They build that into the game. Their every move is directed to that end. They take great pain to portray themselves as giving something for free all the while plotting to coax as many as possible into parting with their money. I prefer the straightforward approach rather than the disingenuous. As I have repeatedly said, if people want to try this game go right ahead, but be wary. It is designed to suck the money out of you.

I think that's a bit exaggerated, but we each have our opinion on the matter. All "for profit" businesses are going to do their best to make as much money as they can. You certainly can't keep making a profit with a crap product, at least not for very long. I do think the RoM designers need to be more careful about making people (primarily end-game players) feel dependent on the cash shop while still giving incentive to keep using it. After all, the opposite scenario where the cash shop is all fluff and few people use it, won't help RoM in the slightest if they have to close it down due to lack of income.

My turn: how much have you (and your household) spent on GW and all it's releases?

Again, it is unfair to lump GW into the p2p pile. There is not a subscription fee. I suppose it falls somewhere in between f2p and p2p. Certainly it costs FAR FAR less to play GW for 2 years than it would cost to play any p2p game out there.

Agreed, but it still isn't valid to compare GW to RoM. Consider someone who wants to try the game before spending money on it. Sure you could play WoW and some other titles through the beginner levels on a trail account, but that barely gives you one evening's worth of game play and certainly doesn't let you sample the game enough to make a worthwhile decision before investing money.

How much have I spent on GW? I pre-purchased it when it first came out. So, it cost $50 like any other top quality new release does. Obviously I have paid no subscription fees. I recently purchased a copy for a lady friend on Amazon and that cost $15 used. The content of Prophecies alone is much much greater than ROM. The official site right now offers the entire trilogy of titles for $50 as a digital download. I would estimate that content to be 15-20 times as much as ROM and far superior content at that.

I am truly glad you and your family are enjoying ROM. My purpose is mostly to warn others not to get caught up in the cash shop scam.

• ThePatriot76ThePatriot76 Member Posts: 9

<snip>

1. I did not say I had any right to express an opinion here. I said I had as much right to do so as you. Don't get it messed up.

2. I have already answered what is good and what is bad. I will repeat it for you. WOW, GW, COH and LOTR are examples of good. ROM is bad.

Again, it is clear, most persons expressing their views here that like ROM cannot refrain from insulting those who express an unfavorable opinion about the worth of ROM. This goes far in proving that the ROM community is severely lacking and greatly contributes to the assertion that; ROM sucks.

1. Your own words stated that you had the right to express opinion here. I corrected you in stating that you didn't. Anyone can clearly see what you've said in this regard.

2. Funny, but I found WoW, GW, COH, and LOTR to be very bad games and I've played all but GW. Thus, we can attribute your tyrad against RoM to being a subjective and biased opinion not an objective based one.  You also don't see me on forums dedicated to those games and trying to pass my opinion off as fact.

The only person that has been insulting that I've seen in this thread has been you. You're projecting your own foibles onto others in order to try to play the victim card. It doesn't work with me or the majority of people. If you do not like a game then just walk away from it and let people make up their own minds regarding the game. It is their choice afterall. Nobody likes a person that acts like they're on a crusade and to force people into their viewpoint since it removes their freedom of choice.  How you have approached this entire situation has to force people into your viewpoint and belittle those that do not succumb to your views in order to squash all discussion on what you have written in the original post. My advice is to take a step back and re-evaluate why you are here on a forum that is dedicated to a game you despise and hate. Also, ask yourself if you are actually trying to build a community or destroy it.

<snip>

1. Your own words stated that you had the right to express opinion here. I corrected you in stating that you didn't. Anyone can clearly see what you've said in this regard.

2. Funny, but I found WoW, GW, COH, and LOTR to be very bad games and I've played all but GW. Thus, we can attribute your tyrad against RoM to being a subjective and biased opinion not an objective based one.  You also don't see me on forums dedicated to those games and trying to pass my opinion off as fact.

The only person that has been insulting that I've seen in this thread has been you. You're projecting your own foibles onto others in order to try to play the victim card. It doesn't work with me or the majority of people. If you do not like a game then just walk away from it and let people make up their own minds regarding the game. It is their choice afterall. Nobody likes a person that acts like they're on a crusade and to force people into their viewpoint since it removes their freedom of choice.  How you have approached this entire situation has to force people into your viewpoint and belittle those that do not succumb to your views in order to squash all discussion on what you have written in the original post. My advice is to take a step back and re-evaluate why you are here on a forum that is dedicated to a game you despise and hate. Also, ask yourself if you are actually trying to build a community or destroy it.

I'll let the nonsensical nature of your own words stand as testimony of the type of persons one is apt to frequently encounter when experiencing the ROM community.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Dang Caelach your still ranting and raveing about RoM? Let it go man, You must have spend an ass load of $$$ in the cash shop to hold such a grudge over this game.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

•  

I am truly glad you and your family are enjoying ROM. My purpose is mostly to warn others not to get caught up in the cash shop scam.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you view the cash shop as a scam when it's completely optional. I've used it myself (as stated above) and don't feel like I was ripped off at all. I've gotten hundreds of hours worth of game play (counting everyone in my household) for next to nothing. You've spent as much on GW for yourself and one other person as I have on my entire family for RoM and we still haven't explored all of the content available in 6 months of playing. How is that at all a scam?

When I did play GW (way back when it was released), it lasted all of about 6 weeks before it became too repetitious for my taste, and the controls were clunky and made me feel disconnected from my toon (something I despise). So to me, RoM has been a much better game and much less expensive.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you view the cash shop as a scam when it's completely optional. I've used it myself (as stated above) and don't feel like I was ripped off at all. I've gotten hundreds of hours worth of game play (counting everyone in my household) for next to nothing. You've spent as much on GW for yourself and one other person as I have on my entire family for RoM and we still haven't explored all of the content available in 6 months of playing. How is that at all a scam?

When I did play GW (way back when it was released), it lasted all of about 6 weeks before it became too repetitious for my taste, and the controls were clunky and made me feel disconnected from my toon (something I despise). So to me, RoM has been a much better game and much less expensive.

One can buy GW for about the same as it could cost to buy one permanent mount in ROM. The content in GW is much greater than ROM.

If you did not enjoy GW all I can say is; that happens. But a much greater number of people have enjoyed GW than will ever enjoy ROM. I also contend the numbers ROM claims for players is greatly exaggerated by counting many that are multiple accounts and no longer play.

The ROM cash shop is a scam especially because they have had people pay money for upgrades and then rendered the upgrades less effective. Their nerfing of classes when they left open beta was absurd after selling in the cash shop for some time before that.

•  

One can buy GW for about the same as it could cost to buy one permanent mount in ROM. The content in GW is much greater than ROM.

That doesn't say much for GW (the price thing), considering a permanent mount in RoM only costs $8.76. Plus they don't add new content to GW so you're stuck with a static set of content once you buy it. RoM's content is ever expanding.

If you did not enjoy GW all I can say is; that happens. But a much greater number of people have enjoyed GW than will ever enjoy ROM. I also contend the numbers ROM claims for players is greatly exaggerated by counting many that are multiple accounts and no longer play.

Not sure how you can know how many will play RoM during the same lifespan that GW has had. Also, the fact that they recently opened a new server in the US and they've had to add an additional channel to Artemis, speaks much louder about their playerbase than your (biased) opinion.

The ROM cash shop is a scam especially because they have had people pay money for upgrades and then rendered the upgrades less effective. Their nerfing of classes when they left open beta was absurd after selling in the cash shop for some time before that.

If it were a scam, then people wouldn't keep buying the upgrade jewels over and over, but they do. I, myself, have bought a few of the upgrade jewels and have been nothing but pleased with the results. So what you're stating and the truth just aren't lining up.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

That doesn't say much for GW (the price thing), considering a permanent mount in RoM only costs $8.76. Plus they don't add new content to GW so you're stuck with a static set of content once you buy it. RoM's content is ever expanding.

Not sure how you can know how many will play RoM during the same lifespan that GW has had. Also, the fact that they recently opened a new server in the US and they've had to add an additional channel to Artemis, speaks much louder about their playerbase than your (biased) opinion.

If it were a scam, then people wouldn't keep buying the upgrade jewels over and over, but they do. I, myself, have bought a few of the upgrade jewels and have been nothing but pleased with the results. So what you're stating and the truth just aren't lining up.

nha this game is big,the one that hate it are mostly those that cant budget

yes in f2p the amount you can spend isnt static like wow

in wow ,buy 1,2,3 box set  plus monthly fee

in rom you got to crunch what wow costed and spend about same

some player dont like the fact that rich men spend 100 $ a week in rom

who cares lol the majority spend about 15 to 25$ a month total average in a year

they ll buy lot of diamond to start rolling then they dont need a lot once they re on a roll

all game cost something even guild wars

guild wars have kit like the pvp kit etc

yes you can farm skill by doing pve lol by the time your done farming all skill

lot of water will have flowed under the bridge

yep sorry to bust your bubble but ALL GAME cost something

you just have to do a budget how mutch your willing to spend and for f2p its a big + in my view

Originally posted by toddze

Dang Caelach your still ranting and raveing about RoM? Let it go man, You must have spend an ass load of $$$ in the cash shop to hold such a grudge over this game.

Nah, I have barely played the piece of crap since just after it came out of open beta. I'm just responding to folks like you who reply to me. I didn't spend much in their cash shop. I bought one perm mount and another as a gift for a female friend. I still have cash to spend in the shop. It just isn't worth the time.

Okay Six, expressed as a percent of total content, how much content has been added to ROM since it went public? It needs to go about X10 to equal one GW title.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

i honestly tried to get into this game but it just played so sluggishly. I mean i  had 20+ fps all the time just everything was sluggish and i was playing on north american servers. Besides that its a carbon copy of WoW for the most part minus the graphics are worse but its still great for a f2p just wish i could get it to run properly

Originally posted by Frostbite05

i honestly tried to get into this game but it just played so sluggishly. I mean i  had 20+ fps all the time just everything was sluggish and i was playing on north american servers. Besides that its a carbon copy of WoW for the most part minus the graphics are worse but its still great for a f2p just wish i could get it to run properly

I experienced a lot of lag as time went on with this game. I was getting virtual memory messages which indicated leaky software. I never had such an issue with any other game. I also found re-installing and DLing the patches again improved the lag issue, but lots of people have this problem. My friend who lives on the opposite coast had even worse lag than me. It's about the worst lag I've ever seen.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Been playing in the beta since December. The recent massive change to the combat system has destroyed this game. Most classes are now nerfed to the point that it is a super grind. The GMs on the forum actually have the nerve to say it is "to let the player enjoy the content LONGER". That is hilarious. Translation: grind and spend in th CS to try to relieve the grind a bit! This  is really sad, because it looked like a good game. It is also quite underhanded to suck in the beta players with one thing and creat a nice starting player base, then pull the rug out and destroy their characters. These people are the typical sleazy f2p bunch.

Update: They finally "released" the game. What a joke. The nerfing of most classes was not fixed with the release patch. This is a big grind and the lag is terrible. Every other toon you see is a mage because the other classes suck. What started out as an awesome f2p game is just another money grubbing endeavor.

I also note since release, and the "Great Nerfing" the rating here has dropped from 8.4 to 8 in a week. Expect more of the same. But now you can buy an ostrich mount for $18 bucks or so!!! That's their idea of a game improvement. If you haven't played it get a copy of Guild Wars for $15 on ebay or amazon. It blows this CS grind away. 

I can tell you that their may be some reason to the GM's words.I have been playing and the quests have me leveling too fast,that i often outlevel the rewards.So i think they are trying to have players remain the same level long enough to enjoy doing all the quests and still be a decent level to use the rewards.Imagine having 10 quests,then by the time you finish the 10th you are 2 levels above the item level you got,kind of a waste.

I would not consider any of the classes nerfed,i play them all and they are all pretty good,they must have been far over powered before,if the OP thinks these are nerfed.What does the OP expect??to one shot everything?i can two shot same level mobs with my mage,so any more powerfull would be ridiculous,and i am using standard gear,i can imagine if i had all the top of the line all with top of the line runes imbued onto my gear.

If anyone has ever played FFXI,you would know what a grind is,you could not solo anything even match at mid levels,not without a long fight and long downtime,ROM actually has fast regens and allow you to fight a little too fast IMO,VERY little down time.

As to GW,you might as well play a single player game,because you spend most of the game in instances by yourself or just your group,you will see nobody else,i would say that type of game does not blow the socks off any MMORPG,because it is not a MMORPG at all.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

Been playing in the beta since December. The recent massive change to the combat system has destroyed this game. Most classes are now nerfed to the point that it is a super grind. The GMs on the forum actually have the nerve to say it is "to let the player enjoy the content LONGER". That is hilarious. Translation: grind and spend in th CS to try to relieve the grind a bit! This  is really sad, because it looked like a good game. It is also quite underhanded to suck in the beta players with one thing and creat a nice starting player base, then pull the rug out and destroy their characters. These people are the typical sleazy f2p bunch.

Update: They finally "released" the game. What a joke. The nerfing of most classes was not fixed with the release patch. This is a big grind and the lag is terrible. Every other toon you see is a mage because the other classes suck. What started out as an awesome f2p game is just another money grubbing endeavor.

I also note since release, and the "Great Nerfing" the rating here has dropped from 8.4 to 8 in a week. Expect more of the same. But now you can buy an ostrich mount for $18 bucks or so!!! That's their idea of a game improvement. If you haven't played it get a copy of Guild Wars for $15 on ebay or amazon. It blows this CS grind away. 

First question is did you spend any money in the item shop. Actually do not answer that because by your posts I know you didn't.

That right there makes any opinion you have towards this game or developers invalid as its not you keeping this game running. This game will do fine without your money, oh wait it wasn't getting it in the first place.

Now what people gotta understand is these games cannot be made for free, they cannot be maintained for free, so that being said whats the problem with having certain aspects rely on the cash shop. Gimme a break, there here to make money, there not money grubbing company, there an actual company.

Lets look at nerfing, you say they nerfed all the classes, but go on to say mages were OP. If you had any video game knowlodge, any at all, you would understand to even out classes to a "balance" doesn't mean reduce damage on spells or certain skills, it requires stepping back and looking at the whole picture. WHy are they OP to this, or to that. Because of this its easier and more efficient to "nerf" then to buff.

P.S, there opening a new server, so by there numbers there player base is increasing, thats a fact because they would not spend more money if they didn't need to. There adding 2 more classes. So yea, just because you probably sucked at this game and got "roflpwnedbbq" or w/e crap kid talk you guys use, does not mean this game sucks.

For F2P this is by far the best out there. It truly is, do not believe the OP's slander.

Enjoy : )

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I would lik to respond to the LAG issue.

The lag is really funny stuff in this game.I can go long periods and experience no lag,then al lof a sudden i do the Nightmare on Elm street deja vu thing where i am going over my same steps from 10-20 secs ago.

So the lag is not there for most of the game,it just pops out of nowhere for a reason i cannot explain.Only thing close to that would be the old Win200 creeping lag bug,but this is not even like that either,it is just very spotty.

I would say on average if i play for 4 hours i might see the lag spike once maybe twice,the rest of the time i experience nothing noticeable.Nobody out there will have more lag than me on my crap Canadian internet backbone,that goes through a million of the highest pop cities in North America,so everyone should expect decent pings/playability in this game.

I did notice the one night,i think was Saturday or Sunday when there was a ton fo players on,the server lagged a bit,no doubt it was over populated.I hear they are maybe adding more servers,so no doubt the yare at times experiencing some crowded servers.

Do not listen to the guy who tries to say it is a WOW copy with less graphics.The graphics are more realistic but yes they do only have the same average quality,you see in most games.WOW has nothing on any game for graphics ,not even the aged console game FFXI.If graphics mattered at all to any WOW player,they would be playing the game WOW copied and that is EQ,because EQ2 is much better quality with much better graphics.I would much prefer to play ROM for free than pay Blizzard anything for that crap Warcraft engine.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

First question is did you spend any money in the item shop. Actually do not answer that because by your posts I know you didn't.

That right there makes any opinion you have towards this game or developers invalid as its not you keeping this game running. This game will do fine without your money, oh wait it wasn't getting it in the first place.

Now what people gotta understand is these games cannot be made for free, they cannot be maintained for free, so that being said whats the problem with having certain aspects rely on the cash shop. Gimme a break, there here to make money, there not money grubbing company, there an actual company.

Lets look at nerfing, you say they nerfed all the classes, but go on to say mages were OP. If you had any video game knowlodge, any at all, you would understand to even out classes to a "balance" doesn't mean reduce damage on spells or certain skills, it requires stepping back and looking at the whole picture. WHy are they OP to this, or to that. Because of this its easier and more efficient to "nerf" then to buff.

P.S, there opening a new server, so by there numbers there player base is increasing, thats a fact because they would not spend more money if they didn't need to. There adding 2 more classes. So yea, just because you probably sucked at this game and got "roflpwnedbbq" or w/e crap kid talk you guys use, does not mean this game sucks.

For F2P this is by far the best out there. It truly is, do not believe the OP's slander.

You think if somebody has not spent in the cash shop their opinion of the game is invalid? That's absurd. I'll let that statement stand as representing the worth of your entire assessment of the game.

Yes, I spent $40 in the cash shop. It was a complete waste of money on a poor game.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

You think if somebody has not spent in the cash shop their opinion of the game is invalid? That's absurd. I'll let that statement stand as representing the worth of your entire assessment of the game.

Yes, I spent $40 in the cash shop. It was a complete waste of money on a poor game.

Yes I believe if someone has not spent money on a f2p games cash shop has no opinion. That completely makes sense as they are not contributing to the games core (production costs). If you were in there shoes my statement would ring true. 

Who makes updates for the games? The company.

Do the employees of said company work for free? No

Where does the money for the employees come from? The game

In a f2p game where does the money from the game come from? Item shop

So basically unless you buy something you are not the one paying the wages of those employees he create updates, content and fix bugs and issues. Because you are not contributing to the game moving forward.

But your not one of them and not contributing to this game ( I do not believe you spent any money) you may have posted about it, but thats a lie. Wanna know how I know? Its easy. Because yor ranting about the cost of the game, you want the best gear in a perfect game without spending money. Thats what I get from you.

Casual gamers don't need perfect gear, so they wouldn't quit a game because it costs some cash for the best in slot gear juiced up. Hardcore gamers do what it takes o get the best gear.

Cheapskates wander from mmo to mmo quitting once they realize hey have to invest in a games future to get the best gear

Enjoy : )

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by daniel!!!

this is only going to be short, but i believe this game is amazing, especaily for it being F2P, yes it has its downsides, but what eles do you expect, i havnt fount a F2P mmorpg as good as this yet.

Guild Wars is f2p. You think ROM is better than that? That's crazy talk.

I most definitely consider RoM better than GW in many aspects.  The whole non-persistent world, nauseatingly repetitive PvP, and quirky character controls that don't respond like you expect them too being the most notable.

And if you love GW that much, why are you trolling the RoM forums... oh right, the separation anxiety thing... got it.

I can understand your dislike for Guild Wars but please do not spread lies about it. The character controls are very fluid, there's nothing wrong with them if you are used to controlling character movement with your keyboard and mouse (like WoW), and to say that PvP is repetitive, is just utter bullcrap. The different ways you set up your skillset can change the way you play your character and you can always change them when not in a battle. Maybe you disliked the group PvP but that's no reason to lie about the game.

Yes I believe if someone has not spent money on a f2p games cash shop has no opinion. That completely makes sense as they are not contributing to the games core (production costs). If you were in there shoes my statement would ring true. 

Who makes updates for the games? The company.

Do the employees of said company work for free? No

Where does the money for the employees come from? The game

In a f2p game where does the money from the game come from? Item shop

So basically unless you buy something you are not the one paying the wages of those employees he create updates, content and fix bugs and issues. Because you are not contributing to the game moving forward.

But your not one of them and not contributing to this game ( I do not believe you spent any money) you may have posted about it, but thats a lie. Wanna know how I know? Its easy. Because yor ranting about the cost of the game, you want the best gear in a perfect game without spending money. Thats what I get from you.

Casual gamers don't need perfect gear, so they wouldn't quit a game because it costs some cash for the best in slot gear juiced up. Hardcore gamers do what it takes o get the best gear.

Cheapskates wander from mmo to mmo quitting once they realize hey have to invest in a games future to get the best gear

I'm not a liar. Don't call me that. Neither shall you call me a cheapskate. I'm rather sure I could buy and sell you. As I said, I'll let your statement that if somebody isn't investing in the CS they should not express an opinion about the game be evidence of your measure.

This discussion has been closed.