Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone want to reroll and level newbies with a newbie?

I bought LoTRO when it first came out, played it for a month or so and didn't like it as much as WoW...

Now I've been off/on WoW, and finally quit that hopefully, and decided to give this game another try as I am about to go pickup MoM hopefully.

But if anyone here can give me any newb tips to which server is highly populated/if anyone wants to group up and level together, what classes are needed in end-game, etc....hit me up because I'd like to get a 60 character by Early August if possible.

Please reply here! :D 

Played: WoW, EVE, EQ, DDO, LoTRO, RoM, FFXI, Guild Wars, WAR, RuneScape, 2029 Online.
Currently Playing: RoM.
Waiting for: A Hardcore MMO =/

Comments

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

First you should probably mention which server you are on, or planning to play on.

Secondly, if your only aim is to level to max as quickly as possible, you are not having the best mindset to approach this game, to be diplomatic.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Well Brandywine is the most populated, but like DB said if you're just looking for a max grind, rad gear raiding game I really think you should save your money.

LotRO does have 'end game' raid dungeons but they were put in more to give the max level players something to do while waiting for the future parts of the game then anything else.  Heck Pvp was just an after thought too for that matter.

Can't really even call it End Game as the story / game is only about 1/3rd of the way along.

If you really want to do it I'd say a Minstrel, since a healer is always needed, but if you rush through the levels you really won't learn the in's and out's to playing the class and will be more of a burden than a help to a group.

Also with the latest Book, the majority of the quests are now soloable, although that won't help you learn the grouping mechanic's either that'll you'll need later on.

Whatever floats your boat dude.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Elendilmir, Landroval, and Brandywine are the highest populated servers.  Landroval is the unofficial rp one, Brandywine is the largest populated one, and Elendilmir is the unofficial oceanic one whcih works quite well because no matter what time of day due to the time zone differences there tends to be a pretty fair amount of people running around on Ele.

Heh...not looking to reroll here. All three of those servers seem to be doing quite well far as getting an influx of new players or players rolling alts so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.  Hehe game's leveling curve is a lot faster than it was when I played before but not sure you're gonna get 60 as soon as you might think.  All the same hope you enjoy the game and good luck.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Elendilmir, Landroval, and Brandywine are the highest populated servers.  Landroval is the unofficial rp one, Brandywine is the largest populated one, and Elendilmir is the unofficial oceanic one whcih works quite well because no matter what time of day due to the time zone differences there tends to be a pretty fair amount of people running around on Ele.
    Heh...not looking to reroll here. All three of those servers seem to be doing quite well far as getting an influx of new players or players rolling alts so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.  Hehe game's leveling curve is a lot faster than it was when I played before but not sure you're gonna get 60 as soon as you might think.  All the same hope you enjoy the game and good luck.

I didn't know Landroval was the unofficial RP server :-). That's what I've been on and I don't see any of that, except for one of my guild members trying to talk Elvish to me lol. Most of the OCC chat and the chat in groups feels pretty much like any other game, except that the community seems more mature and helpful in general. I will say that the server feels very healthy and I havent had much trouble finding groups. 

There Is Always Hope!