Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New better DCU vid

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-dc-universe/50745

At least it was new to me. Ok, fighting alongside Batman... hard to top. :)

Keep in mind it is pre-alpha. For that it looks quite well. But it also is quite some time away, I wager.

Artistically the difference in the chars between CO and DCU is what may decide which you like more, since both are very similar in terms of action orientation. CO looks less sharp to me, at least the heroes. I loved the CoX sharpness of the chars a bit more, and DCU seems to go along that way.

Damn... fighting alongside Batman... I want! :D

(Gee I am such a nerd, lol.)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• KenthoKentho Member Posts: 58

I thought the graphics looked pretty good. However the combat looked very simplistic.

I will wait till I see more though before I decide if I want this game or not.

• ILty-CatILty-Cat Member Posts: 39

Hate to break it to you but they're not similar in action orientation.  DCU is using coin op arcade style combat control and CO is using a alternate COX style where you have to use crappy weak attacks that run a 1-2 second timer then let you use next attack untill you charge to use a more powerful attack.  They are quite different.

:)

If you haven't compared the characters in the two games you really should.

There are reptiles in both games.

I checked them out.

In CO I though it was a bug character when I first saw it. ): ....wtf?

And then The reptile in DCU it looked like they literally stuck their hand in the recent godzilla movie, pulled out godzilla (textures and all) and conviently placed him in DCU.<3 Godzilla. <3

These two games are so completely different. The only thing they have even remotely similar is that they're but superhero based. The end.

No, I'm not ragging on CO. :/ So don't even go there.

Co is..More cartoony? Yeah we'll say that. CO is more cartoon like and DCU isn't..o.O;;;

Close enough to what I'm trying to say. :P

Can't we just all get along? >D

/\*. "Pew Pew"
    | | `.
    | | *>|o

Darkfall = Epic fail.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I just watched the old Doomsday one, which impressed me much more than the earlier trailer I'd seen.

Seeing the players running up the buildings, and upside down stuck to the ceiling - that was awesome. And that bit where the player ice-cubed someone and then blew them off the building...

This game wasn't even on my radar, but my interest is now at least piqued.

Of course, it's probably going to have microtransactions, so I won't play it. But I'll keep watching the vids :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I like it.