Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop posting about "this game not for me"

wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

Seriously, whenever i come check this forum once in awhile, i saw a lot of post like this.

"this game sucks" or "this game is bad"

Did you even play the game to an extend? Most ffxi player will tell you, you haven't even began 1 % of the content being a 75.

It is true! the mission itself bring a lot of story, they are your typical Final fantasy franchise story and cutscene.From 1-75 is like playing a console FF where you just sit outside of the inital leveling area and hit yourself until level 99.

You can level 1-75 without even start any mission nor do anything beside sitting there doing FoV. Don't compare this game to your WoW or DAOC because those are just MMORPG without a storyline and FFXI's most precious feature is its unique storylines that SE offer.

If you want to know what you are going to see in mission why can't you just youtube yourself and see the cutscene before you decide this game is for you or not. Don't come post here and say "this game look bad, i don't want to play" or "this control sucks"

We don't CARE.

none

Comments

• rosleckrosleck Member UncommonPosts: 28

this game look bad, i don't want to play & this control sucks

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by wrongfeifong

Seriously, whenever i come check this forum once in awhile, i saw a lot of post like this.
    "this game sucks" or "this game is bad"
    Did you even play the game to an extend? Most ffxi player will tell you, you haven't even began 1 % of the content being a 75.
    It is true! the mission itself bring a lot of story, they are your typical Final fantasy franchise story and cutscene.From 1-75 is like playing a console FF where you just sit outside of the inital leveling area and hit yourself until level 99.
    You can level 1-75 without even start any mission nor do anything beside sitting there doing FoV. Don't compare this game to your WoW or DAOC because those are just MMORPG without a storyline and FFXI's most precious feature is its unique storylines that SE offer.

If you want to know what you are going to see in mission why can't you just youtube yourself and see the cutscene before you decide this game is for you or not. Don't come post here and say "this game look bad, i don't want to play" or "this control sucks"
    We don't CARE.

Agree 100% people come on here complain about a game that they only play for 14 days or less without even getting into the game what so ever. It takes more then 14 days to truely understand this game and to see what exactly this game is really all about.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

I could not disagree more.  I like that people come here to say the game is not for them.  I like they point out the things they do not like.  Why as a player of over 3 years do i like seeing this?  Because it lets potential players coming here for information see the other side.  The viewpoint of someone who doesn't like the game.  But it also lets us address these complaints and potentially try to get the person to see "Oh wait, there's more to it then i thought" and again, the people coming here to check out the game can see that "Oh it's like this from the beginning but it'll get better the more i put into it".  So i say "Please, come post in our forums!". 

Discouraging opposing viewpoints is not the way to go.  We should be grateful for these people instead of asking them not to post.  The game is great and expansive and for me no other game can hold a candle to the depth of this game (and trust me, this game is extremely deep and massive.  Stories and quests and things to do abound.  This game isn't just a game with end game stuff to do.  There are tons of things to do on all levels.  BCNM's, Garrisons, FoV, Quests, Missions.  It's crazy how much this game has.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• HerkfixerHerkfixer Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

I could not disagree more.  I like that people come here to say the game is not for them.  I like they point out the things they do not like.  Why as a player of over 3 years do i like seeing this?  Because it lets potential players coming here for information see the other side.  The viewpoint of someone who doesn't like the game.  But it also lets us address these complaints and potentially try to get the person to see "Oh wait, there's more to it then i thought" and again, the people coming here to check out the game can see that "Oh it's like this from the beginning but it'll get better the more i put into it".  So i say "Please, come post in our forums!". 
    Discouraging opposing viewpoints is not the way to go.  We should be grateful for these people instead of asking them not to post.  The game is great and expansive and for me no other game can hold a candle to the depth of this game (and trust me, this game is extremely deep and massive.  Stories and quests and things to do abound.  This game isn't just a game with end game stuff to do.  There are tons of things to do on all levels.  BCNM's, Garrisons, FoV, Quests, Missions.  It's crazy how much this game has.

I totally agree Suplyndmnd.  If we offer glowing reviews of content that takes months to get to, and someone from WoW or DAoC or any of the other "Easy" MMO's finally decide to try FFXI for the free 30 days, and they say wow this sucks, there is not content, because they haven't tried Missions, Side-Quests, Merits, Expansions, etc.  When they come here and post that it sucks, we get a chance to respond to them in Black&White (or w/e color you decide to post in).  When the next guy comes and starts to post "This sucks" and starts reading they posts where we address the alleged "Shortcomings" perhaps they will think twice about posting "This sucks" and try again to attempt to gain access to the other content.

"There are things that I believe that I shall never say but I shall never say those things that I do not believe."
    Immanuel Kant

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

It all matters on how it is presented ... I could go over to the WoW forums and give a long post on why WoW isn't for me and I won't piss anyone off other than that WoW fanbois that live in the game and forget about real life ... so i'd piss everyone there off ... but I digress.

There have been peopel who have come to these forums and say X, Y, and Z could have been done so much better or they wish it was another way. Those are the people we engage with and explain and teach. Sometimes they actually stay once they get everything figured out. Yes there are flamers, but just remember the best thing they can do in their lives is come to a community who doesn't give two shits about their opinion and think what they say matters.

I think it speaks good of a community that can take the critizisms of a person who doesn't like this game and rebute it in a nice fashion. For instance someone is on the fence about playing so they come to teh forums and see a message about the controls sucking, but then sees us explain the right way to move. That person on the fence might be swayed to give the game a shot because they know they have a community to back them up if they need help. That is something that a certain unnamed game that we will refer to and Qorld of Qarcraft (to protect the innocent) lacks

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

There's nothing wrong with negative posts if they are done in a constructive way.   "This game sucks" is utterly useless.  However, "I found the controls a bit awkward and and crafting was extremely simplistic" isn't.     I use this forum, as well as others, as a source of information on which games to try.    If it was all "This game is great!   Everyone should buy it!" the forum would lose all credibility and just be one big ad.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by ic0n67

There have been peopel who have come to these forums and say X, Y, and Z could have been done so much better or they wish it was another way.

And typically agree with i've seen sometimes.  The game is fairly clunky and sometimes there seems to be more steps to things then there really should be.  I remember cursing the level restrictions on the Outposts that made no sense.  Used to be level 20 to outpost warp to and from dunes.  The level upon which you would leave dunes for partying purposes.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

Well, to some extent I do agree that there "is no content".  As much as I hate WoW for spoon feeding us the game content, it should be just a little bit easier to find the core storylines.  After a while you forget where NPCs are and who to talk to.  Or even where you're supposed to be going to complete specific objectives in the game.  I think its awesome the Square-Enix made the game easier, but they made it easier in the wrong place in my opinion.  They should've made finding quests easier.

You can make the argument that "Yes, this is a Final Fantasy game and finding side-quests and following the story is just like every other FF game" but that doesn't make it reasonable for the modern MMO user.  I use the quest guides on FFXIclopedia since they are pretty detailed guides on how to complete quests.

I enjoy everything else about FFXI and continue to play it despite my limited frustrations.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• TygrrTygrr Member Posts: 29

Overall the FFXI community are very helpful and nice. Even  the JP players are willing to lend a helping hand at times. I haven't played FFXI for over 3 years, but I would back this game and the community up any day.

FFXI is so much more in depth with quest and story telling compared to EQ and WoW.  When I come across players from WoW  in real life all they talk about is PvPing and killing someone...Oh I dot this and dot that killed that player, killed this player...My character is so bad ass, I am the best I can kill you in an instance blah,blah, blah....sounds to me that WoW players like being assholes. LOL

What makes FFXI addicting for me was the community and the grouping in the game. I can understand when someone who came from playing WoW to try FFXI and says the transistion is hard and the game isn't for them. WoW is a very easy game to get into and play. Its like playing checkers and then decide to learn to play chess. Yes its more complex and may seem hard at first, but if you give it enough time and patience to learning the game you will find and understand how much more fun and better this game is.