Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about payment

Any direction about the payment structure (micro, monthly?) i heard rumors that the game may be monthly free  (death to monthly payment!!!)  anyway i would appriciate an answer from you folks

Comments

• SeekHamstersSeekHamsters Member Posts: 6

I don't see why you would find monthly payments so offensive. They provide a steady flow of income for the developing company and doesn't have the pitfuls of the micro scheme. At least a monthly payment gives you peace of mind that people aren't buying what you work so dearly to attain.

• OdelaOdela Member Posts: 120

I'm willing to bet that it will be a monthly fee of 15 bucks.

I'm not the only one who hates micro-transaction based games...

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

its 100% gona be p2p. but i woudnt mind if it was also micro for cosmetic reasons 

• SeekHamstersSeekHamsters Member Posts: 6

Yea, I'm sure Bioware and Lucasarts dug this story up from its practical grave just to make it free to play. George Lucas may have sucked all the juice of out Star Wars by now, but I'm sure he knows how to count his money.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

I sure hope that it's going to be montly payments, I really don't like how the free to play micro transaction games turn out.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• MarioDXXMarioDXX Member Posts: 3

I meant i want it to be like Guild Wars

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Nearly every single game out there is a monthly payment, especially the big ones. Why is that a problem? Its only $15 and you can just use your check card or use a game card. Its not that big a deal. Calm down.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by MarioDXX

I don't know about you but I dont even think of that game as a mmo lol. But, I think Star wars: the old republic is going to be a p2p game because it sounds like an expensive game to make with all the voice acting and stuff.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by seastarx

I don't know about you but I dont even think of that game as a mmo lol. But, I think Star wars: the old republic is going to be a p2p game because it sounds like an expensive game to make with all the voice acting and stuff.

If you don't think GW is an MMO, than I don't think you will think TOR is either.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

If you don't think GW is an MMO, than I don't think you will think TOR is either.

Why, Is TOR going to be mostly instanced and use cities for chat rooms?

Originally posted by Bama1267

Well, everyone has their own personal story, and you get your own gang of NPC goons to run around with you. I also haven't seen anything in the previews showing anything "MMO" about the game, so that is what I can conclude so far.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Well, everyone has their own personal story, and you get your own gang of NPC goons to run around with you. I also haven't seen anything in the previews showing anything "MMO" about the game, so that is what I can conclude so far.

Well I was wondering because i think that is the main hang up for people about GW. If TOR was even remotely close to that i wouldn't think twice about the game. I however do not think that is the case.

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

Originally posted by MarioDXX I meant i want it to be like Guild Wars

Well I was wondering because i think that is the main hang up for people about GW. If TOR was even remotely close to that i wouldn't think twice about the game. I however do not think that is the case.

Prepare to be disappointed. While there hasn't been a detailed explanation, we are given hints that the game is heavily instanced.

While I usually prefer uninstanced, I actually like the idea of TOR being heavily instanced in that there are more options for cool storyline things to happen.

Originally posted by throckmorton

Prepare to be disappointed. While there hasn't been a detailed explanation, we are given hints that the game is heavily instanced.

While I usually prefer uninstanced, I actually like the idea of TOR being heavily instanced in that there are more options for cool storyline things to happen.

I agree. While I really prefer non-instanced, if the game is good enough to make up for it, it doesn't matter. I don't like instancing, but I love GW.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

So much incorrect information and assumption in this thread it makes me LMFAO. Can't wait till you guys can actually try it and find out how wrong you all are about many things you have assumed about TOR. I'm sure it would be spilled by someone, but there is an NDA for all play testers atm. All will be revealed soon.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter