Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gnomish or Goblin Engineering?

ZalaberZalaber Member Posts: 104

I'm about to choose between Gnomish and Goblin engineering, but I dont know which one to go with.  i've looked up the differences but it didnt really help, i want first hand experience of each, and why or why not i should go with one or the other.

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

The question you have to ask yourself si do you want gadgets (gnome) or things that go bang (goblin) but to be honest there isn't much difference. Goblin jumper cables are useful but I believe they can be used by both now (only made by goblin). You probably already looked at wowhead but here's the list gnome and goblin.  Looking at these shows currently nothing end-game to persuade you either way.

Patch 3.2

• Added a schematic for a Goblin Welding Beam that can heal friendly mechanical or vehicle units.
    • Gnomish Engineers and Goblin Engineers can now switch profession specializations for a fee.

Nothing much their to help make your mind up either.

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

Gnome is fun for the toys, but goblin is more useful.

Also the poster above me is correct with the cables.

Edit: hmm I just looked over the list again. I thought goblin had more stuff lol

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Pure fluff, these days.  Engineer has a lot of great stuff, but essentially all of it is usable by both goblin and gnomish engineers.

It was a really cool idea to have to two disciplines in Vanilla WoW, and BC introduced a few cool items to differentiate the two, but it has basically been left by the wayside in Wrath.  The trend in Wrath is to minimize the roll of profession specialties.

So go with goblin if you like explosions and want the big bomb and gnome if you are a perv and want the x-ray specs.

• MwajiMwaji Member Posts: 229

depends on class if i were melee mail and plate I say Goblin the early helms you can make before level 40 are not so bad.

Maybe for caster Gnome.. but really it doesn't matter the better recipes are not specialized and bypass the use of either one.

Utility you have more options with shrink rays and the like from gnome and more boomy stuff from goblin buy like i said youll outgrow that stuff fast.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

my warlock went goblin for the dual +45 stam rocket launchers back in the days before i quit when i got bored.