Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheaters will break AION down

inkvizitorisinkvizitoris Member Posts: 34

OK, first i want to say, that i totally love AION... but today was the first time, when I saw cheating in this game and I was like in shock..... I can't understand how NCsoft lets this things to happen.... I was killing some mobs around and then came sorcerer and toke all of them in one hit..... i mean that basic atack hit.....

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

No, you must be kidding. Aion will be the next WoW-killer. It can't have cheating, or if it does, it has to be very limited. It can't have bots, either. Everyone knows NCSoft got rid of all the Aion bots, so AION FTW!

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

holy crap someone cheated in a video game aion is doomed

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • DAVIDMINDYDAVIDMINDY Member UncommonPosts: 27

Thats old school EQ style. some one did me the same way on the Chinese server. He found out what the word train means. He went and found an easier  victim.

• WrithWrith Member Posts: 85

All you can do at this point is report it and see what happens from there. I don't think they "let" it happen but stuff like cheating does happen. No matter what the game there is always going to be people who miss the point of the playing the game and cheat. So if you want it to stop just report it with the name class and level of the play along with what happened.

• ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

What all are forgetting is that , ITS STILL BETA !

BETA meens , not finniesed

System Specc
    Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
    16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
    Nvidia GTX 780

• EzzerialEzzerial Member Posts: 7

First off cheating is for retards,  but this is not a real beta, the game has been out for quite a while in asia.   So do not confuse this with a raw beta.  

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by teco221

Yes, I saw that a lot in chinese server.  One time I even grouped with someone who used speed hacking which made instance super easy to farm but it's unfair.  I hope by the time Aion is released in N.A., NCsoft would do something about all thost bots, hacking, and gold farmers.  It's pretty bad on Chinese server.

They have. For one NCsoft has a contract company that controls and operates the game in China. That company is responsible for cleaning up the servers. Two, the chinese version of the game is still 1.0, whereas the Korean version, and the version to be released in NA is 1.3/1.5. Third, look at how Taiwain open beta is going, they keep banning people for third party software and ip restrictions. So far NCsoft seems committed to banning as many as they can, but keep in mind even the mighty WoW and many other MMO's are constantly battling third party programs that allow players to gain an advantage.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I don't recall seeing a lot of hacking in L2, so perhaps NCsoft will deal with them swiftly.  Botting on the other hand almost seemed sactioned by NC, and I'm not sure Aion won't go the same route.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Cheating:Botting/Hacking/RMTing worries me. But well, all we can do is wait till post release to really comment on how NCSoft is dealing with them on NA/EU servers.

However, this seems to be one of the most, if not the most, common thing players are demanding from NCSoft - the fewest cheating, botting and RMTing possible. And yeah, people can love the game and still quit it because of these things.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Ztekan

What all are forgetting is that , ITS STILL BETA !
    BETA meens , not finniesed

No, that is NOT what beta means. Beta is a state in software developemt where a FEATURE COMPLETE product is run through the testing process to uncover isuues and unintended behavior.

Thank God most of you people are not software developers.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by inkvizitoris

OK, first i want to say, that i totally love AION... but today was the first time, when I saw cheating in this game and I was like in shock..... I can't understand how NCsoft lets this things to happen.... I was killing some mobs around and then came sorcerer and toke all of them in one hit..... i mean that basic atack hit.....

First of all ,i do not think cheating will kill AION,i believe PVP is boring to begin with and will bore players eventually,and the game has nothing else going for it.

People should realize that as soon as a developer  uses Game Guard,they are a cheap ass developer giving ZERO attempt at curbing cheats.Ask yourself ,how many MMO people in the community at this stage in gaming already know GG is a fail and has NEVER worked?i would say the majority..correct?so why did NCSOFT pull out that same rubbish?

The answer is easy,i believe they are involved with RMT and cheating,i believe their staff plays and cheats and GGi believe is still free or the cheapest way to go.I am pretty sure developers have to have some form of anti hack when working with peoples CC's and real life money,so they went with the cheapest route.They made 2 classes for this game ok,think about  it,how much effort did they actually put into this game?answer ,VERY little.

The 2 classes alone has left me in disbelief,even the F2p games are coming out with 6+,so this game was a VERY cheap effort.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• angryhobomanangryhoboman Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Comnitus

No, you must be kidding. Aion will be the next WoW-killer. It can't have cheating, or if it does, it has to be very limited. It can't have bots, either. Everyone knows NCSoft got rid of all the Aion bots, so AION FTW!

Yea Aion will be the next WoW-killer alright... just like WAR and AoC ended up

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I've played in all of the beta weekends and have yet to witness any cheating.  I'm not saying that it's not happening, I'm just saying that it's not as prevelant as some people would have you think. 

Actually your incorrect, this client is beta by any definition of the word. You have new locations, new hardware, and new client.  I am playing the Chinese client currently and it is NOT the same. That client is not even managed by NCsoft it is outsourced It will be patch at a different level at release with different server rules. Your clueless, feeding bad information.  

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by templarga

Originally posted by DAVIDMINDY

Actually your incorrect, this client is beta by any definition of the word. You have new locations, new hardware, and new client.  I am playing the Chinese client currently and it is NOT the same. That client is not even managed by NCsoft it is outsourced It will be patch at a different level at release with different server rules. Your clueless, feeding bad information.  

Anyone calling this a "beta" has a very loose interpretation of the word. NCSoft has even said the only reason for it is that they are working on the localization stuff including things like translations, etc...

Beta is usually utilized primarily for bug and issue hunting....which is not the chief focus of this "test". This is a marketing ploy by NCSoft.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but they will NOT have various server sets/rules. At the most you will look at maybe an RP server. I honestly doubt there will even be PVP/FFA servers. I expect all servers to have the exact same rule set with maybe a few tagged RP.

CLUELESS, I stick by my word. If you had any idea how large scale clusters are created you would know what you said was incorrect. Especially when you’re talking about having data managed on a global scale. Even in a virtual environment all things are not equal, even when you clone everything. What NCSoft told you was what would effect you i.e. the user.  This has nothing to do with back end changes that effect hardware, laws that govern from country to country and hundreds of other misc. changes that have to be made. CLUELESS 

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Anyone calling this a "beta" has a very loose interpretation of the word. NCSoft has even said the only reason for it is that they are working on the localization stuff including things like translations, etc...

Beta is usually utilized primarily for bug and issue hunting....which is not the chief focus of this "test". This is a marketing ploy by NCSoft.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but they will NOT have various server sets/rules. At the most you will look at maybe an RP server. I honestly doubt there will even be PVP/FFA servers. I expect all servers to have the exact same rule set with maybe a few tagged RP.

CLUELESS, I stick by my word. If you had any idea how large scale clusters are created you would know what you said was incorrect. Especially when you’re talking about having data managed on a global scale. Even in a virtual environment all things are not equal, even when you clone everything. What NCSoft told you was what would effect you i.e. the user.  This has nothing to do with back end changes that effect hardware, laws that govern from country to country and hundreds of other misc. changes that have to be made. CLUELESS 

Do you honestly think that a few preview weekends will handle all of that? Don't you think that a lot of that was done before these preview weekends even began?

A few preview weekends does not equal a beta. Sorry.

Well I'm glad they've selected you to teach us all the definition of Beta.  We would all be lost without you.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by inkvizitoris

I've seen people hack WoW, UO, EQ1 and 2...

THEY HACK EVERY GAME!

Get used to it, people will find a way to cheat.

Ah yes....the classic Aion fanboi........losing the argument so let's insult the poster.
    And by the way the defintion of beta, for most of the industry usually involves a limited release client that is playable by a select number of people (usually fewer than more) with the primary purpose of finding bugs.
    Only recently have the terms closed and open and such been changed where open beta is more of a marketing ploy than an actual beta. At this point, Aion is a complete game and there will be no major game changes to it. Most of the bugs deal with localization issues with the NA version (quests typos, translations, etc..)
    So again, if you call this a beta, it is a very loose interpretation of the word and one that most people would not utilize to describe these preview weekend

Ahhhh. I will simplify this and call it quits. Fanboy is a juvenile term, anybody who knows me or works for me would know it does not apply to me.  If I like the game I will play it if not I wont. I play most MMORPG for a little bit and beta a lot, unlike my wife who you could probably call a Fanboy (she has two Chinese accounts and is playing US beta) I haven’t played in weeks.

BETA:

Beta testing allows the software to undergo 

usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. Beta level software generally includes ALL FEATURES, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

OR

Beta version or beta release software usually is the first version of a computer program that implements ALL FEATURES in the initial software requirements specification and is considered an intermediate stage.

Use which ever you trust. But anyone who earns there living writing code, I Don’t for a living, but people who write code for me will tell that just because it looks the same does not mean it is. Unless you understand the underlying hardware, revisions, firmware, network connectivity and all are EXACTLY the same you cannot expect the software to run the same and to do so would be reckless.

Last note, I didn’t insult you; I just stated that you are talking beyond your scope of knowledge.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Last note, I didn’t insult you; I just stated that you are talking beyond your scope of knowledge.

How are we to know this isn't beyond your scope of knowledge?

You can define Beta however you personally want to however its grown to mean something different over the years.

Websters has to update their book because of how WE use terms.

Perhaps you are behind the times? 

The point of this "beta" is many fold, they've already stated the game is pretty much done and they want to give pre orders a chance to see their game before release day.

Saying that it is for "this reason" or "that reason" is foolish.

It is for many reasons. 

Narrow mindedness is the disease of the 21st century.

Side note:  Unless you are working for NCSoft I think you have absolutely no say in what the point of this beta is.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

How are we to know this isn't beyond your scope of knowledge?

You can define Beta however you personally want to however its grown to mean something different over the years.

Websters has to update their book because of how WE use terms.

Perhaps you are behind the times? 

The point of this "beta" is many fold, they've already stated the game is pretty much done and they want to give pre orders a chance to see their game before release day.

Saying that it is for "this reason" or "that reason" is foolish.

It is for many reasons. 

Narrow mindedness is the disease of the 21st century.

Side note:  Unless you are working for NCSoft I think you have absolutely no say in what the point of this beta is.

SInce you gave me a good argument, I will respond. Actually both of the definitions I gave you are not how I define beta, and one of them, YOU can look it up, it is the definition taught at multiple colleges in America. Im older so I might be narrow minded but my argument was based on fact not my beliefs. Unless NCsoft is significantly different then any other software company in the world Beta probably means the same to them.

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

I am not sure how this thread got into an argument about the terminology of a Beta so quickly.  However, the original post, if you attempt to understand the broken English, states a sorcerer came and killed all his monsters in one hit.  I don't understand how this translates to cheating if the other player was just really high level and thus able to one shot low level monsters.

On the topic of beta and testing.  Yes there are some exploits in the game right now, with the current version, but they have mostly be addressed by the time you get to 1.3 and more than likely more will be addressed prior to 1.5.  The biggest would be the speed action hack which would allow you to interrupt an animation, thus letting you activate multiple abilities at the same time (or within fractions of a second).

Just wait until released before getting up in arms over something which the current Beta, Preview or whatever you wish to call it, has had removed or fixed.  If anything the issue should be reported so it can be handled, just in case it isn't already known.

Lastly, yes game guard isn't the best choice for dealing with bots.  Just take it with a grain of salt that there will be bots, as there are in all MMO's now days.  We will have to wait and see how NCSoft NA/EU actually deals with the accounts who use such applications before we should harp too much about it.