Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

runescape how is it doing

madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91

its been awhile since iv played runescape and i was wondering how its doing is it getting better or worse

madnessman

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

When did youstop? They've made a ton of updates, some good, some so-so and some not so good.

?

• madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91

like a year ago

madnessman

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

Personally there are too many bads. I was a rs player for over 5 years and enjoyed every moment of it until these updates that pretty much killed the game I loved.

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

that is so true its not even funny

madnessman

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Were you there when PvP worlds came out? I can't think of anything else lol, mainly cos I stopped playing near March 2007.

?

umm yes i was but if u dont know thats fine i can just check my self

madnessman

• Daxx1990Daxx1990 Member Posts: 23

The new version would make you kill youself, end of discussion.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Daxx1990

The new version would make you kill youself, end of discussion.

lol It is more pleasuarable to turn on the rangetop and burn yourself over and over again than to play this game after they demolished it. Why JAgex Why?!!!

damit its really that bad i really liked that game

madnessman

• HornsBaneHornsBane Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by madnessman13

that is so true its not even funny

How do you know that? You just asked what it's like...

i know because after there posts about how bad it was i checked it out

madnessman

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
  • Raikage15Raikage15 Member Posts: 2

RuneScape has had its Ups and downs. If you like (or complete addicted to ) PvPing then, RuneScape will suck more than ever before to you. If you can make cash or have a thrill without PvP, then RuneScape is doing fine. The new implemented rules in PvP Worlds were "automatically skulled when entering BH/PvP world" and "no protect item prayer" anymore.  If you like playing with friends in games and can make cash via drops, then it's doing pretty good so far. They're planning to release a new skill (THANK GOD IT'S NOT SAILING.) next year.

~Raikage15~
    ~SAYS~
    ...:::F::A::L::E:::...

Originally posted by Raikage15

RuneScape has had its Ups and downs. If you like (or complete addicted to ) PvPing then, RuneScape will suck more than ever before to you. If you can make cash or have a thrill without PvP, then RuneScape is doing fine. The new implemented rules in PvP Worlds were "automatically skulled when entering BH/PvP world" and "no protect item prayer" anymore.  If you like playing with friends in games and can make cash via drops, then it's doing pretty good so far. They're planning to release a new skill (THANK GOD IT'S NOT SAILING.) next year.

This is simply not true. The pvp isn't even the worst thing damaged in the game at the moment. The trade ,  the game economy and the skills themselves is far worse off than the pvp.

Before the updates besides pvp I was making addy boltz for my friend, crafting my brothers hides, making his pots, getting my lil sis a whip, giving away armor to clan mates, crafting nats for my friends and family for free. I can no longer do any of those things.  Playing a game with your friends includes being able to help each other. The ability to help one another, was removed from the game, making it very self centered.  The only thing left to do at that point is stockpile poorly drawn pixel cra[p to collect pixel dust in your pixel bank. After you have owned every item in game that stockpiling of useless junk loses it's luster.

The game has become more focused on dressing up your toon like princess barbie and running around saying," lokkey meh imma sup3rn0ob!" rather than actual gameplay. This is because there really aren't any player rewards for levels just more suffering.

First the levels are completely pointless when it is more profitable to sell the supplies rather than  train the skills leaving the skills unrewarding and without a real purpose in the game. The economy is wayy off balance due to the supply and demand, due to the sheer number of player crafted items in the game they have little of no value in game and are very difficult to sell. This makes them not worth the time and effort and in game costs to train the skills and makes them really seem like a waste of time. There are no rewards for your levels, and when you  actually go through the trouble to get 99 in your skills, when you get there you are left disappointed due to the lack of player rewards. The skills capes are useless junk, and have no real benefit. Harrassment is a punishment not a reward.

The gameplay is the same thing over and over again, it does not matter how many skills they add if it is the same action regardless of skill it was pointless to add the skill in the first place. See ore click ore get ore bank ores.. see tree click tree get logs bank logs, see fishing spot click fishing spot get fish  bank fish. Or the alternattive  just a bunch of clicking over and over again, like alching. This is just mindless time consuming nonsense and not " fun". there is no thought needed in this game, nothing is hard, just time consuming. It is a  repetitious, mindless time sink,  lacking of the " fun " aspects that you will find in games like Guild Wars due to the game mechanics itself.

And when you have taken the time to max your character, accomplish all your goals,  you don;t even feel like you accomplished anything because there were no rewards for your levels. Your left looking back thinking , WOW that was waste of time ....

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

a powerful, great and inspiring article from the strongest if not the most vocal advocate and image of free runescape. You served as an inspiration for many people-both for jagex and against-to have a strong will and to stand strongly on one's belief. Your first 900 posts were a testament to that dedication. 

• SirBeastSirBeast Member Posts: 3

Devil, you obvisly have a lot of free time to rant about how bad a game Runescape is, I'm guessing a lot of games don't stand up to your "higher class" of game choice, perhaps you should go play one.

As for what has happened in Runescape in the last year or so, it's been a lot of little updates to try and improve the game, currently they're working on a game engine overhaul- possibly in an attempt to make the proposed new skill work. They've released 10-15 new quests, some good most not good except for While Guthix Sleeps- a quest worthy of high leveled players. Jagex has become much more vocal to its public with frequent "Developer's Blogs" and the recently released an update to ardounge- a pub that everyone got to vote on what was in it (I know, no big deal but its the idea behind it). And Runescape has been increasing its global range with servers opening up in finland and elsewhere as well as the site in different languages- German, French and Brazilian-Portuguese. Updates also include: new run/energy update and a new mini game with intresting rewards complimented by a way to relieve RS of all it's built up junk items- similar to how construction was meant to take care of RS's built up wealth

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by SirBeast

Devil, you obvisly have a lot of free time to rant about how bad a game Runescape is, I'm guessing a lot of games don't stand up to your "higher class" of game choice, perhaps you should go play one.
    As for what has happened in Runescape in the last year or so, it's been a lot of little updates to try and improve the game, currently they're working on a game engine overhaul- possibly in an attempt to make the proposed new skill work. They've released 10-15 new quests, some good most not good except for While Guthix Sleeps- a quest worthy of high leveled players. Jagex has become much more vocal to its public with frequent "Developer's Blogs" and the recently released an update to ardounge- a pub that everyone got to vote on what was in it (I know, no big deal but its the idea behind it). And Runescape has been increasing its global range with servers opening up in finland and elsewhere as well as the site in different languages- German, French and Brazilian-Portuguese. Updates also include: new run/energy update and a new mini game with intresting rewards complimented by a way to relieve RS of all it's built up junk items- similar to how construction was meant to take care of RS's built up wealth

Yeah, I know, they have been doing alot of unecessary BS lately just because some blokes @ the RS forums push them to do so. Where do they get their ideas from? The RS forums. Where do the RS forums get their ideas from? From Jagex's past actions-they do this so they will get applauded and awarded MOD status for "emulating" past ideas and actions of Jagex. I'd be damned if Jagex would come with an plan durable enough to establish a balance for trade and freedom. I know I've been talking about years about this, but be realistic, what they are doing now is irrelevant to what is necessary to be done. They can keep adding this "quests".They can keep nerfing unecessary things and doings things which only a small sphere of influence makes them do. They can keep adding kiddy mini games and skills which require more clicking, but that won't add positive rep to their already low reputation on the net.

• Majin_VegetaMajin_Vegeta Member Posts: 5

I personally still like RuneScape, the graphics never bothered me (I was an RS1 player). What I liked about the game is your avatar can do anything anyone else can do, you don't have to re-roll 9 different times to raise skills, you don't have to re-roll in order to mage, you don't have to do the same quest 9 times on 9 different alts; and that they have many different forms of PvP. One of the few (as all MMORPGS are being dumbed-down) that still have item-loss upon death in PvP.  Jagex is also a company that has taken the largest stance against bots and RWT when compared to other MMORPGS.

The game isn't perfect, but then against none of them are, but as far as fairness compared to other MMORPGs, I would say RuneScape wins, as far as PVP goes, as far as having safe and dangerous PVP, RS wins; however hardcore PVP'ers really should check into Dark Fall Online.

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

(keep in mind i only played classic from the year 1999 to around 2004 or something)

I played because in the wilderness you could get the jitters because your about to lose some valuable shit, or exhilarated because your about to finally get the item you want (hopfully) from the person your chasing. The square building on the far left with one door and path to the end with doors was the perfect PVP place in history. The wilderness level system is still the best idea i have found in PVP. I started playing the game and hated it for the first week, then literally one day i was hooked for 4ish years. I loved the economy and trading, I loved PVPing, and I really did enjoy the rest of the game, even woodcutting, because it was presented to me in a way that made me want to think and play. I wanted to figure out the best monster to kill at each lvl to effectivly advance, I wanted to know when my lvls would make my combat lvl go up because even one level on one skill made a big difference and if you gained that extra combat lvl it was to much! I need a lvl 15 not 16 so that in lvl 5 wilderness i can get lvl10s-lvl20s! I dont know...classic was.....a classic? Continue if the rant you just read was pleasing...it remains a steady rant till the end.

As someone mentioned earlier, everyone is the same, with the same skills and everything. This made interacting with people a mystery. You could say i learned a lot about how people act and respond in situations because of this game, such as when people will lie and how people attempt to falsely pursade people. This may sound dumb or evident in a lot of other games but this is where i first encounted it. It was fun because above one main town in lvl 1-5 wilderness there was a mass of people and it got very chaotic. You could litteraly show up and find a two sided battle going on and make a friend because you helped them and a few enemies. I remember the day i had the noob mage idea (totally taking credit for it, because right after i did it everyone did and it became a archtype to have as your list of characters), basically a super powerful, really low def mage and only a few lvls old, maybe 5. No the loot was terrible but the fights were so fun because i devoloped a super fast magic casting hand before they implemented the 1 second cast rule (because of me). They were so fun because runescape is SIMPLE. A concept in gaming i havnt found since besides the MUD Wyvern. I could run into the first lvl of wilderness and kill two people, slip into lvl 2 or 3 wilderness and take down the lvl 6 that i couldnt in lvl 1. and then get rushed by several people on the way out. Whatever the battles were like, i remeber the egde of the wilderness being where i spent most my time after i mastered the game and wanted to play PVP. Or you could run into the deep wilderness and really have fun.

Runescape was VERY simple. Life is simple. Simplicity is not a bad thing, i loved this game for that reason. the graphics, the layout, the way we players manipulated our avatars was very simple. Today in 3D games you have worlds bigger than where i live in real life with as much to do as runescape had in a few minute walk, but they spaced it out perfectly. The only LONG walk i remember was from the south to the last lvl of the wilderness, beyond that not many walks were long enough to make me bored. thats all i find myself doing in large 3D games. Endlessly walking with no content in the middle. I felt like in runescape i had a much better view of what i was doing, like in a side scroller. You cant mess up the camera angle in a side scroller....same feeling with how i feel with games these days. the 3Dness is killing it.

• ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102

minigame: pvp world,change of bh,soul war,stealing creation,moblising army and more minigame and quest

new item: like d claw,d pick,d plate,hand cannon,pvp ancient armour,spirt shield

other:summoning skill,graphic hd,animation,shop update,patch of bug fix etc

jagex now plaing new game mechscape so far and new skill,balance of combat and update of current skill and more

imageimage

ok thanx dude

madnessman

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

The new skill is supposed to be really original and it's comming out in December - I hope :D 

do you know what it is?

madnessman

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

No idea, but they said it would be awesome and original :) ... 

And Sorry it may be delayed to January... :(

Originally posted by SirBeast

Actually, I wish I had alot of free time. I just now read your post!  I manage to find time while waiting on a fax, playing phone tag, or sitting in traffic, but other than that I do not get " free time" much these days.  " higher class" of game choice? LMAO.. it isn;t about " higher class" it is about common sense. Player play games to have fun, if the developers deliberately make changes to their games that remove the fun factor should they not be told about it?  If people just accept the BS they serve up then that is all they will keep serving. Gamers shopuld speak up about their likes and dislikes in a game so the developers will make their games better, otherwise, they think that is what you want, and will continue to give you crap and make you like it.

Contrary to what you may believe, I have spoken highly on many games, including this one in the past, Guild wars is a quality game with developers that actually care about what their players want and I am very much looking forward to Arena Net's Guild wars 2 coming out.

What has happened in the last year was announced at the e3 gaming convention by Jagex themselves. Not what they have been deceptively promoting within their game.  No, instead it was all about their child safety framework they were going on about at the gaming convention. Sure, they think they can tell their players on thing and tell the rest opf the gaming industry another because they know the gaming industry isn't stupid enough to believe the nonsense they have been telling their own players on their site.

The primary focus at E3 was their child safety measures and implementation to make the game completely child friendly to compete head on in the childrens market, not " imrpoving gameplay".