Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best ingame song ever created?

neo750aneo750a Member Posts: 75

Well ever created is going a bit far but, there have been some great music from alot of games.  I think the majority would agree with me.

FF7 music simply because well its FF7, who isn't a fan?  Mostly the generic fight music,

Shadow of the Colossus.  This game was considered a master piece in both game play and music during its time.

Megaman 2's Dr. Wily stahe 2! This song is the epitome of epic when played on an electric guitar.

Comments

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

I personally liked the ending song for castlevania:symphony of the night

Song was called "I am the wind" cant remember the singer though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0C1xHS8BI

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

AoC had the best music I have ever heard in a MMO and it fitted perfectly, here is the best track imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deDNzOYHu-4&feature=related

• dajessedajesse Member Posts: 32

Guild wars, composed by legendary MMO / Game music composer, Jeremy soule.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Braid.

I assume we're talking about games in general, not MMOs. If it's MMOs only my favorite music would have to be from Lineage II then.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Hands down I think the "Teldrassil" zone track in World of Warcraft. Now don't flame me for that, it's simply a beautiful song in a game full of ugliness...

• TyezBaylorumTyezBaylorum Member Posts: 18

"False Images" Track from the WInter Missions Carnival on Phantasy Star Universe Ambitions of the Illuminous by Far.

PSU - Tyez Baylorum Lvl 160 Human Male GM lvl 20 MF lvl 20

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N5ODEGR1KQ

First Dungeon Keeper Intro

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind theme

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion theme

Both different versions of the same piece composed by Jeremy Soule.

The theme from Mass Effect is also very good.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

There's a lot of good and memorable VG soundtracks out there, Metal Gear Series, FF Series, etc.

By far my favorite soundtrack is EvE's. Nice and minimalist, and very atmospheric.

The music used for DAoC's night time cycle is one that sticks out to me as well.

Current Games:

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Scot

AoC had the best music I have ever heard in a MMO and it fitted perfectly, here is the best track imo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deDNzOYHu-4&feature=related

Agree, AoC has imo the best music in the MMO category, even if I prefer the Tortage tracks.

Outside this genre, I prefer this one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fduqstJHgFY

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

The opening in Xenosaga 2

The Fatal Fight song from Xenosaga 2

The "Character Battle" and "ES Battle" themes from Xenosaga 2

The Song from Battling with Tiamat in Xenosaga Episode 1

The Gale and Brink of Death songs from Chrono Cross.....and almost any Chrono Cross song

The Battle Theme from Legends of Dragoon

These songs from Kindgom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2:

Kairi

Kairi 1

Kairi 2

Kairi 3

Namine

Roxas

Forze De Male

Scherzo Di Notte

Sanctuary

Dearly Beloved

Scythe of Petals

Destati

Fantasia all marcia

Passion - The Tokyo Philharmonic Version - Instumental

And the trailer in Galerians: Ash, with "O Fortuna"

Also any Final Fantasy Game Song remade by The Black Mages

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• NartickNartick Member Posts: 3

I really enjoyed the music in Dark age of Camelot one of the few games I would leave the sound on for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iASSYsH8Oc < call to arms

• madonvibesmadonvibes Member Posts: 30

Lineage 2 had some amazing music. My faves are:

Dion Town Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Nl7CmdwUU

Login Main Theme (C1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gZEH0Z9--g

• VallanorVallanor Member Posts: 103

Purely due to its nostalgic value, I'd have to go with the music from EQ1.  A couple songs that I still occasionally hum without really intending to are the boat themesong, the Qeynos music, and (my personal favorite) the Rivervale song.

Haha, now I'll have to go look up the .midi files again and have a listen.  Thanks a lot, OP

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I actually really like the LOTRO soundtrack, although each track is pounded into my head from hundreds of hours of play :/

Otherwise, the only two games tunes I that I think are catchy:

That themesong from the Battlefield games, that is the best song I have ever heard.

Battlefield Heroes' new themesong is pretty catchy too. Still, the original BF theme wins,

1942 Theme: 

2 Theme:

2142 Theme (my favorite from the 4. It's much more rousing, kind of preparing the player for battle):

Heroes Theme:

The Battlefield Theme performed by a symphony:

The Mass Effect music is defnitely good too, very... 'epic' soundtrack, along with that of the LOTR movies.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Games have songs?

Seriously, soon as I install one first setting I change after video  is the sound and turn off all in game music.

Forgot games actually had musical scores.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Medieval II: Total War battle music is great. I think some of the WoW music is well done, even though there's not much of it (they did a great job with Northrend. Grizzly Hills music is uplifting and fits with the outdoorsy, untamed wild theme of the zone). As linked above, some of the Battlefield theme songs are nice. I only liked one song in AoC really, which was the one from Conall's Valley.

Can't really think of many others. Most games have music that just blend into the background and don't really stand out.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Comnitus

Medieval II: Total War battle music is great. I think some of the WoW music is well done, even though there's not much of it (they did a great job with Northrend. Grizzly Hills music is uplifting and fits with the outdoorsy, untamed wild theme of the zone). As linked above, some of the Battlefield theme songs are nice. I only liked one song in AoC really, which was the one from Conall's Valley.
    Can't really think of many others. Most games have music that just blend into the background and don't really stand out.

I think those are the best musical pieces, they help set the mood and you barely notice they are doing their job.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

They symphonic version of battlefield 1942 was slick. 

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

For me, the best in-game song I ever heard was "Lament of the Highborne" in WoW. It's part of the reward you get when you return a locket to Sylvanas Windrunner. It's beautiful and haunting and very sad...especially if you know her history.

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=2714357&song=Lament+of+the+Highborne

• heremypetheremypet Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 528

FF7 jenova.. the gm midi, which sounds best on an awe synth imo, but I couldn't find any on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch

FF7 boss, probably my all-time favorite midi.  Yamaha XG synth - look at the piano rolls in a midi editor, looks like art by itself.

www.youtube.com/watch

FF8 compression of time, the story really added to the greatness of this one

www.youtube.com/watch

DOOM had some great midis, especially for a metal fan. sandy's city

www.youtube.com/watch

The demon's dead

www.youtube.com/watch

Victory theme

www.youtube.com/watch

end - my favorite, sounds best on a roland scc1 synth, couldnt find a recording of that on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch

not on yt anymore - www.atomicgamer.com/file.php

EQ - PoHate

www.youtube.com/watch

Toxx - this song really brings back memories

www.youtube.com/watch

Karanas

www.youtube.com/watch

Diablo 2 title screen

www.youtube.com/watch

And the all-time best video game music ever IMHO, is none other than.. Diablo - Tristram

www.youtube.com/watch

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

I've two favourites:

Mass Effect Main Theme: www.youtube.com/watch

Civilization 4 Theme: www.youtube.com/watch

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

In FFXI when you go into that town in the dunes (grrr can't remember the name) they have the best music ever, I remember just chillin there to have that music playing in my house. it was awsome.

----------------

edit: bwhaha I remember the name now "Selbina" and here is the music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70YmysAtgeI

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Originally posted by dajesse

Guild wars, composed by legendary MMO / Game music composer, Jeremy soule.

this and age of conan

awesome music by both mmos

• BlazzBlazz Member Posts: 321

There is far too much great music out there to name all of the ones that I've loved over time.

I loved the music that Blizzard used in their original cinematic art for World of Warcraft, and I got chills up my spine (possibly because of the ambient chill wind noise) when I saw the Dwarf. So much damn detail there.

But if I were to name music that really got into my head over the years, it would be the Zelda games on the Nintendo 64 - Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (MM remains my favourite Zelda game due to it's ORIGINAL STORYLINE - and cool mechanics and serious plot)

The Song of Healing is used so many times in many different, often quite adult-seriousness-levelled events, which I never truly appreciated until about a year or two ago when I played through it again...

Saria's Song is always good, the Clock Town theme, the various Store songs in the background, the Song of Time... So many catchy tunes that one can build off of. I have a bit of a collection of various remixes of them, and will always be a bit of a Zelda fanboy, even as Nintendo sells out and dilutes the series with DS titles.

Edit: Oh, and my favourite game of all time would be a multiplayer Zelda deathmatch. If they could get that Z-targetting and nice, fluent, twitchy shield and sword combat in a game I would play it and buy it for all my friends.

Luckily for my wallet, that'll never happen. =(

I am playing EVE and it's alright... level V skills are a bit much.

You all need to learn to spell.