Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressed by a little thing..

BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488

My brother downloaded and patched WoW tonight while we watched a movie, and I just happened to look at the screen to see some patch notes which payed tribute to Dave Arneson.  They dedicated an update 'Secrets of Ulduar' in memory of him.  I went to school at Full Sail and was lucky enough to have him as a professor and I don't know how his passing got past me.  It was a shock and I can't believe I read it in WoW's patch notes.  He was a great man, and an inspirational teacher for all things game related.

It is crazy, but minutes later I was at the account page reactivating and downloading the game.  I don't know why, and i'm not a big believer in signs or anything, but I have this renewed interest in experiencing the lore and the rest of WoW.  I am one of the biggest sandbox fans out there, but Blizzard has drawn me back with a single patch note that I just happened to see. 

RIP Arneson.

Comments

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

My son went to Full Sail.  He really enjoyed it.  I will ask him if he knew or had him as one of his instructors. 

My hats off to you as I know what kind of schedule they put you through.  Classes starting at all hours.  They worked his tail off.

Thanks for the info.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

There's quite a few thibngs in-game that Blizz pays tribute to either one of their dev or other people. I wont tell you where, it will spoil the fun. And please dont google on it.

Find it by surprise, its really cool....

RIP Orc Choppa

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by arctarus

There's quite a few thibngs in-game that Blizz pays tribute to either one of their dev or other people. I wont tell you where, it will spoil the fun. And please dont google on it.

I think doing this like this with the patch notes are really nice of Blizz.

However do I hate in game references to the real world, it kinda kills of the illusion of a real other world inside the game for me. While jokes and references to real people can be fun the first time you see them it gets very tiresome in the long run.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by arctarus

I think doing this like this with the patch notes are really nice of Blizz.

However do I hate in game references to the real world, it kinda kills of the illusion of a real other world inside the game for me. While jokes and references to real people can be fun the first time you see them it gets very tiresome in the long run.

The reference is  fr and few in between and some is hard to find. Its a nice touch i say.

Agree about the stupid jokes about certain real life people in-game, but ive learn to live with it. At least now we dont have global chat! Whew......

RIP Orc Choppa