Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switch to Lineage 2?

stlouisarch1stlouisarch1 Member Posts: 90
I've been having a great and fun time in Star Wars Galaxies with my kool WOOKIE! Its a real treat, and a real blast.  I was wondering since the new expansion is comin out for free and that the game only costs 20 bucks and is free for 30 days, what should i do?  I figured since I loved a Average MMORPG like Galaxies, that I would love another Average MMORPG! Ive played almost every released in the US MMORPG and i have to say galaxies is my favorite.  Again, wat should i do?

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Umm seriously...be your own person and do what you want to do.  Don't let other people make decisions for you.  If your as weak minded as your post leads one to believe, then I am positive your not going like L2 much at all.

L2 is not even remotly like that pile of garbage SWG.  It does look fantastic since Chron 2 hit,(well it looked great any way, but now it is incredible) not sure about content as I have been unable to put any real time into it as of yet.  I personnaly quit SWG to play L2.  But it may not be the game fore you. 

I love PvP, and IMO SWG has the weakest system out there.  L2 is by far the prettiest game I have seen to date.  Character custoization leave quite a bit to be desired, but I understand they are working on it. 

Any way, my couple cent

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• stlouisarch1stlouisarch1 Member Posts: 90
    Galaxies is awesome and not garbage at least i think so.  How am i weak minded, i just wanna ask the actual people who play the game if its good to try out for 20 bucks!  I have no problem when people say Galaxies wasn't fun or just wasn't wat i was lookin for but saying its Garbage is going over-board.  Just think, SOE is trying there best right now and there giving the SWG fans what they want by updating the combat for more balanced and funner! Hmm, well i guess Ill get L2 early 05.  Hey, would a 2.2~Ghz AMD Atholon XP 3000+, 512 MB memory, and a Ati Radeon 9800 PRO computer be really good for L2?  Galaxies plays average but i experience tons of slow-down in the catina when theres like 50 online players at.??

• AranrilAranril Member Posts: 22

I've been playing Lineage II. But I stopped playing last August. I would give my 2 cents' worth as my advice:

1. With your specs, I'd say you are within the system requirements of Lineage II. Even so, from my experience, there was an issue with memory (the program did not collect the garbage and dump them).
    2. I would think that there would be little or minimal "farming", so to speak. Prior to lapsing my account, there was rampant farming that made questing difficult. I've visited the Official forums occassionally, and it seems that the situation has cleared up.
    3. With the new Chronicle II, comes the hard part: the mobs are tougher than before. I'd say that even at a lvl 24 I can defeat the Bees (one of the mobs) at Floran. Now, you need to party with friends just to achieve the same purpose.
    4. Plus effect would be the "gambling" side games you can now play as a side game to complement with your questing efforts. But like "real-world" gambling, there's bound to be a side effect.
    5. Plus effect would be the new armour and locations. I've reviewed them and I thought "I'd need to upgrade my comp just to see the beauty."
    6. If you are really into guilds and PvP, consider joining other clans. Because this game is more oriented to "party-playing" rather than solo (you can solo, it's just that it took me 5 days to earn 10mil adena, the currency of L2. Now with harder mobs, I doubt about soloing successfully).

I wouldn't say that L2 is bad. It do has its up-side. I'd say my last words by commenting on the style of gameplay. Unless you're really committed to joining with clans and take part with its castle sieges and Clan vs. Clan battles, I can tell you, solo would be the last thing in your mind.

That's it. My 2 cents' worth.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now awaiting for GUILD WARS.

Now if only I can play WoW here...

I am called "Forum Thread Death". Why? Well, try counting how many replies have been sent after me....

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

The new generation is here.. Might be time to follow the flow and enjoy something new.. SW:G is filled with jedis and other highlvl stuff and noone cares for the newbies..
    L2 is farmers paradise..
    EQ2 or wow is my best bet, both rather new and you won't find the "Hey I've been playing since retail start four years ago so you must gimme all you got cuz u suck" people..

Rest your trigger on my finger.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.