Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game has changed since I last logged in and I am confused

SaetiaBelleSaetiaBelle Member UncommonPosts: 53

I used to have prophecies about 4 years ago and I played a character to level 5 in PVE and then I played 1 on the ready made PVP-Mode at level 20 but I only played for a few hours because my PC was too rubbish to play it and it kept crashing.

I just rebought the game via the complete collection DVD. I went to make a PVP-Mode character and it was totally different than I remembered it. I was not able to pick my second profession / armor&weapons / and skills on the create character screen... I am 100% sure I did this when I played ages ago. I am confused to why this has changed. My character now has only 5 skills available to it aswell as no second profession and I don't know where to go... I am not complaining... I am just very lost and need some help.

Hey, Belle here. Full time mom of 3. Married to Dwayne. Moved to the US some years ago. Love it! 
"Forget the unwritten, uncollected works of the poet
You never were." - a song lyric from Saetia, my fave band in the world. 

Comments

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

They have NPCs that allow you to change your profession and you can unlock new skills. With prophecies the guys are by the stairs when you first log in. You can change and customize your weapons from you character window.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by mrcalhou
    They have NPCs that allow you to change your profession and you can unlock new skills. With prophecies the guys are by the stairs when you first log in. You can change and customize your weapons from you character window.

Reread OP's comment. She is talking about PvP-only characters. To SaetiaBelle, you're correct: before you picked all that on character creation screen - even if you were able to change it later - however you don't do that anymore. Now just decide how you want your character to look, then create it. You'll start in Great Temple of Balthazar, to change profession click K and then you will see up in the right corner "Profession: " and then a drop down menu where you can choose secondary. In the window that comes up when you click K you can also see which skills you've unlocked for the professions you've chosen at the moment. To change your equipment click J and you will be able to change what kind of weapon and armor you have.

If you don't remember or don't know you unlock skills by either playing as a PvE character and buy the skills or get Balthazar faction - which is given to you for playing the different PvP arenas. To unlock gear you either play as a PvE character and then use an identification kit on an item which name is blue or gold and identifying that specific upgrade.

I'm not quite sure I would understand what I wrote above about unlocking equipment, but hopefully it made some sense. If you got any additional questions ask away. I'd recommend you to check out GWWiki first though as it pretty much got everything, all that's required is a little bit of patience. Check out these articles as they're pretty close to what you asked about: equipment, skills, characters. Good luck.

• SaetiaBelleSaetiaBelle Member UncommonPosts: 53

Oh thanks you're a star. I am glad I am not going crazy then.

Hey, Belle here. Full time mom of 3. Married to Dwayne. Moved to the US some years ago. Love it! 
    "Forget the unwritten, uncollected works of the poet
    You never were." - a song lyric from Saetia, my fave band in the world.