Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

problem fixed

ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

ok so my computer was having a lot of issues today and eventualy got to a error. I reformatted without a problem then windows boots normaly. I turn off my computer to remove my linksys adapater for the pain in the ass process of installing it. When I try to turn the computer on it takes me to what appers to be a BIOS help/error screen. My motherboard isa asus M3A and the company on the bios screen is american megatrends. I think this is the error I only get 15 seconds to look each time.

bank interleave requested but not enabled

USB device over current status detected!!

It also says

Auto detecting mass USb storage devices

00 USB mass storage devices found and configured

Could that be the cause of the error above?

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You probably have your Ipod connected. Try to pull out all USB devices and reboot.

There could be some other problems also but this is the most likely, if you tried it we can start looking for other things like broken USB ports...

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by Loke666

You probably have your Ipod connected. Try to pull out all USB devices and reboot.
    There could be some other problems also but this is the most likely, if you tried it we can start looking for other things like broken USB ports...

Yeah i thought it might be that so I pulled my zune plug then just incase my key board and mouse as they are USB. Still had the same problem and it told me that I didnt have a keyboard or mouse pluged in. The USB ports on of my case are broken, the case is a Apevia x-plorer.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.

• guiltyoneguiltyone Member UncommonPosts: 103

Same thing I was thinking; IPod or any other sort of mp3 player or external HD. If you're like me and just like to leave your mp3 player plugged in when you're not using it, but have auto shutdown at 2:30 a.m. after antivirus does its thing. Just change the  boot order (sometimes USB is just another option but most motherboards I've worked with, it's in the boot order listing) to either exclude USB boot. You can also move it beneath the hard drive itself so it never gets that far (save for extreme circumstances). That way when you wake up and kick the thing on, you're not staring at the error while still half asleep.

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    Linus Torvalds

Originally posted by Arndur

Yeah i thought it might be that so I pulled my zune plug then just incase my key board and mouse as they are USB. Still had the same problem and it told me that I didnt have a keyboard or mouse pluged in. The USB ports on of my case are broken, the case is a Apevia x-plorer.

Did you disconnect the keyboard and mouse at the same time as the Zune? If so, reconnect them and try booting again. You shouldn't get the keyboard and mouse error, and without a zune or external HD of any kind connected the other error should go away as well.

Linus Torvalds

Originally posted by guiltyone

Did you disconnect the keyboard and mouse at the same time as the Zune? If so, reconnect them and try booting again. You shouldn't get the keyboard and mouse error, and without a zune or external HD of any kind connected the other error should go away as well.

I did same USB error. I can not get any of the options on  the screen to work. The keyboard is on and it reads it but will not take the key strokes.

Originally posted by guiltyone

Same thing I was thinking; IPod or any other sort of mp3 player or external HD. If you're like me and just like to leave your mp3 player plugged in when you're not using it, but have auto shutdown at 2:30 a.m. after antivirus does its thing. Just change the  boot order (sometimes USB is just another option but most motherboards I've worked with, it's in the boot order listing) to either exclude USB boot. You can also move it beneath the hard drive itself so it never gets that far (save for extreme circumstances). That way when you wake up and kick the thing on, you're not staring at the error while still half asleep.

Ok, first try with only mouse and keyboard (if you dont have some old PS/2 stuff lying around, try them first then.

Otherwise I see 2 likely problems

1. Most likely,a broken USB port that messes with the system.

The solution to that is first to disconnect your optional USB ports (the ones that are not at the back of you MB), they are the most likely to mess.

If that doesn't work, reconnect them again and turn of the ones on yor MB in the bios.

2. If that still doesn't work you have a Bios problem. Flashing it might help, but there is always a very slim chanse that your MB dies when you do this so it is nothing to take lightly.

In worst case it is a firmware problem, then you have to change MB.

Butt it truly sounds like you have a harddrive or MP3 player plugged in, be sure so you dont have it in the front USB ports, or on ports on your keyboard, monitor or other built in hubs.

Good luck

I did same USB error. I can not get any of the options on  the screen to work. The keyboard is on and it reads it but will not take the key strokes.

It is most likely that it havn't recieved the drivers yet, I always have an old Ps/2 keybord to work in the bios or in really severe problem, in DOS32.

But try another keyboard if you have one, it could be the culprit...

Edited: suggestion already posted so no sense and saying the same thing twice.

Linus Torvalds

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328

Disconnect anything from the computer that is not required for the computer to run (any external devices; components in the PCI slots aren't usually necessary like NICs, so remove those; leave only one RAM module installed, remove all others; if your motherboard has on-board video, then remove any video cards)

The only things that should be connected to the motherboard are:

Power

Processor

Video (some motherboards have on-board video, if this is the case for you, then use the on-board video for your monitor instead of a 3rd party video card)

Memory (like I said, remove all sticks of memory except for one)

Harddrive

DVD-ROMs / CD-ROMs (you can usually leave these connected, but you can remove them if needed)

Fans should remain connected

Forgott: KEYBOARD (always need a keyboard connected, no matter what)

and if you get into a GUI, then you'll probably want a mouse connected

Check every connection (you'll often find wires running from the case to the motherboard, some of which provide functionality to the USB ports on the front of the case, as well as the power/HDD leds, and buttons, etc..), the connections from the case to the motherboard can sometimes wiggle free, make sure they are secure.

edit: If you no longer get the error after completing everything above, then start reconnecting components to the computer - one at a time - until you see the error again.  If you don't see the error again, then the problem was likely a short or one of the components wasn't seated correctly.

If you still get the error after having removed everything, then something that is still connected to the motherboard is causing the problem (at least you've narrowed it down), or the motherboard itself is bad.

Also, check for bulged capacitors on your motherboard, especially check the caps around the troublesome area (where the USB port is built into the motherboard).  If they look like the picture below, and the caps are not flat on the top, then you'll need to argue with ASUS about replacing your board.  Although, ASUS is a pretty good company and you usually don't find their products with bulged caps, but anything's possible.

bulged caps

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

It is most likely that it havn't recieved the drivers yet, I always have an old Ps/2 keybord to work in the bios or in really severe problem, in DOS32.

But try another keyboard if you have one, it could be the culprit...

Ive never had this problem before. My keyboard has always worked wether or not the drivers have been installed. I am working on which one of the plugs is my front USB and not power button.

Originally posted by xiirot

Although, ASUS is a pretty good company and you usually don't find their products with bulged caps, but anything's possible.
    bulged caps

Oh no? In one of their card series I had 3 different friends with that problem (1 have me as his regular techinician for some beers, the others got desperate since they and their regular tech friends couldn't find the error). Lately Asus seems to be as bad as everyone else.

ASUS have been very sloppy the last few years. Heck even A-BIT seems to have raised their problem components lately, although not as much as ASUS.

For the last years most MB manifacturers have started getting cheaper components, A-BIT are the only one I know that still uses high class jap components instead of cheap Chinese ones, and now they only do it for their more expensive cards.

So you can expaect a few % of all MBs to be defect either from start or after a little while, because it is cheaper to use crap components and replace the faulty ones.

Ive never had this problem before. My keyboard has always worked wether or not the drivers have been installed. I am working on which one of the plugs is my front USB and not power button.

The USB ports usually sits by themselves near the GFX card. You did try just using a different port first, right?

Originally posted by xiirot

Although, ASUS is a pretty good company and you usually don't find their products with bulged caps, but anything's possible.
    bulged caps

Oh no? In one of their card series I had 3 different friends with that problem (1 have me as his regular techinician for some beers, the others got desperate since they and their regular tech friends couldn't find the error). Lately Asus seems to be as bad as everyone else.

ASUS have been very sloppy the last few years. Heck even A-BIT seems to have raised their problem components lately, although not as much as ASUS.

For the last years most MB manifacturers have started getting cheaper components, A-BIT are the only one I know that still uses high class jap components instead of cheap Chinese ones, and now they only do it for their more expensive cards.

So you can expaect a few % of all MBs to be defect either from start or after a little while, because it is cheaper to use crap components and replace the faulty ones.

Yeah, I'm an old ASUS fan, so you usually won't hear me say anything bad about them.  I've been using ASUS mobos explicitly for nearly 15 years, and the only problem I've had is I fried one trying to overclock it (I don't think I had it properly cooled, even though I had a liquid cool system, I didn't have any coolers for the northbridge or southbridge, just for the processor)

I can't say anything about the other products ASUS manufactures (like video cards), but I am and always will be an ASUS fanboi.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

Alright I unplugged the USB drives and it booted up. Thanks so much everyone for your help.

Alright I unplugged the USB drives and it booted up. Thanks so much everyone for your help.

Cool, nice job!

Sure. It is a common issue actually, mine will only start with my Ipod nano in but not if I have my Sony MP3 player.

But you might have to unplugg them when you reboot...