Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13-07-09 Post - for those who can't get to it yet.

HardcoreHeroHardcoreHero Member Posts: 72

The Mortal Online Game Store is opening anytime now. This update targets some of the questions regarding the release, the shop, and the Beta. It is also a disclaimer to protect both you and ourselves. We want you to join our Beta and support the development of the game, but we also want you to know what you are up for!

Shop and Game Version information

Mortal Online will be sold in 10.000 copies to start with. This is because we want to be able to better control the Beta-phase by administering only one (or two) servers.

Prices will be stated in the shop. They are subject to change.

The shop will accept American Express, JCB, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Direct Debits (in Germanym Netherlands, Spain and Austria), EPS Austria (Austria), Giropay, ING Homepay (Belgium) Paypal, Ukash, Wallie, iDeal (Netherlands), Paysafecard, Sofortuberweisung (Germany, Austria, Switzerland.

Only one (1) purchase is allowed per account. You are free to register several accounts. Please remember though, that if a credit card is used more than 5 times in the same week for the same payment, the banks Fraud scanning will ban the card for 2 weeks. The details of this vary between cards and should be checked with the bank issuing the card. It has nothing to do with the MO shop.

Important! When you enter the shop, you will see the prices and have the option to choose one of the versions. When clicking “checkout”, that version will be temporarily “reserved” for you for a couple of hours. As you may only buy one version per account, this means that you cannot go back and choose another version during those hours. This is a technical safety-line; if something goes wrong during your purchase you still have some time to get everything right, but it also means it’s important that you choose the right version from start.

Please remember that you are not buying anything until you fill in your payment options. If you choose one version and then change your mind before paying, you don’t have to buy it. It simply means you cannot change to another version during this time.

The monthly subscription cost of Mortal Online will be €14.25 for Europeans and $14.25 for everybody else. This cost is subject to change.

The monthly subscription cost includes all future updates and expansions for Mortal Online. No additional costs will be charged for future expansions.

The Beta server is located in Stockholm, Sweden. It's fully possible to access the server from all countries; however we obviously can't guarantee the speed and performance over long distances. Earlier Beta-testing has shown good, playable ping from the U.S. for instance, but please remember that the speed of your local network provider in U.S. is an important factor as well.

Additional game servers, including servers in other countries, are considered for the near future. There will be no extra costs involved in starting a character on one of those servers if and when they are up. However, character transfers will not be possible, at least not to begin with, not even between servers in the same country. This has to do with each server and character lore being unique - i.e. your character obviously cannot have slain a certain Dragon if the Dragon never existed on the other server.

The Beta is divided into Blocks of 2.000 players each, depending on buying-order. Every second week 2.000 additional players will be able to enter the Beta. The full schedule is as follows:

July 20 Block A (including 999 Limited Editions)

August 3 Block B

August 17 Block C

August 31 Block D

September 14 Block E

The Digital Download only version will go on sale a week later than the Boxed Version and The Full Loot Bag as previously stated in the shop. This is because we hope to sell the physical products first, as they are a big cost to us if they sit on our shelves.

Shipping is not included in the price for the physical products. Shipping will be an additional €7 (flat rate for all countries).

The physical products will be shipped from Sweden around September. Further updates before the launch of the full game will be shipped free of charge in connection to the launch. When buying a physical version you are also allowed to download the game, and play it in your corresponding Beta block.

The launch of Mortal Online is planned for Q4 2009 (Oct-Dec). This is not set in stone however, as we want all core features to be in place and properly tested before charging monthly subscriptions. We do not guarantee a specific release date for Mortal Online.

At this point Mortal Online is M rated 18+, a final rating will come closer to release but is very likely to be the same.

MO System Requirements (an estimation)

Please note that all options and scaling are not yet in the game, meaning the requirements will change over time.

Minimum configuration (1024x768, detail reduced)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz or equivalent

RAM: 1GB

Video card: ATI Radeon 9800/nVidia GeForce 6600

Video memory 256MB

Hard drive space: 5-25GB

Recommended configuration (1680x1050)

OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent

RAM: 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or equivalent

Video memory: 512MB

Hard drive space: 30GB

Beta testing and gameplay

The Beta is starting July 20 with the features from Combat Beta active, as well as a few new ones. The very first steps have to do with architecture, back-end and network-performance. To begin with, we are aiming to test:

MO Updater (auto-patching system)

Account System, Login, Logout

Character Creation (The “human family” only, like Tindremenes, Khurites etc, male and female)

General Network and Server stability and speed

Crowd congestion tests

Seamless World-streaming

Updated Prediction System

Sound

Client System Performance

This is not very fun from a gameplay-perspective, although crucial from a technical standpoint. To make you run around in the world and have some feeling of purpose in this crude beginning, we are also testing:

Attribute balancing, basic Skill gain (a few example skills)

Further real time PvP, Melee and Archery Combat testing and balancing

"Vendor-crafting" (you bring resources to a vendor, who then crafts stuff for you according to your instructions, like in Combat Beta). The Skills and GUI (Graphical User Interface) for the "real" crafting is still in development

Very basic resource-gathering (refining, prospecting etc will be in together with crafting later on, meaning at the moment you will get magically pre-refined resources when mining, etc)

Fundamental AI-behavior, a few creatures

World traversing, Swimming and Combat Swimming

Around 32km^2 of the Myrland continent

Basic banking (global at first, local if we manage to get it in before this weekend)

Local chat (no languages)

The Flagging System (complete with temporary insta-guards in guard zones)

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. These first important steps will be the foundation of the game, and updates will come quickly and at a regular basis once we are confident most of the above is working in the new massive environment.

Please also remember that both your possessions and your Characters can be wiped from the server at any moment, and that this may happen several times during the Beta.

You're in for a rough ride, but we are excited for those of you who want to embark on this journey with us!

/the MO Dev Team

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I have no idea what''s going on." - Tasos Flambouras

Comments

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Thanks for this as the site has died. Lol @ 14.25 euros, thats between 12-13 pounds in the UK making it 3-4 pounds more expensive than the standard MMO fee. Absolute rip off, count me out unless the game is absolutely superb.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Very expensive for europeans. Don't know what they are doing.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by kikinchaz

Thanks for this as the site has died. Lol @ 14.25 euros, thats between 12-13 pounds in the UK making it 3-4 pounds more expensive than the standard MMO fee. Absolute rip off, count me out unless the game is absolutely superb.

Thats 75 cents cheaper than most subscriptions i pay for in the US. doesnt bother me all too much.

• maacaaviityymaacaaviityy Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by csthao

Thats 75 cents cheaper than most subscriptions i pay for in the US. doesnt bother me all too much.

15 euros vs 15 dollars. You do the math.

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752

Sorry I cant find where it states the exact price for the client.

I can see the subscription price (14.25) but not the client/beta.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

No charge to switch to a new server when it opens!

I love these guys.

• Ebonix00Ebonix00 Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by maacaaviityy

"The monthly subscription cost of Mortal Online will be €14.25 for Europeans and $14.25 for everybody else."

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Yeah, was just going to post this.

It's great to finally see a Developer actually break down their beta stages and milestones like Varent did with Everquest and Mythic did with DAOC.

Most of these fly-by-night developers don't evennhave a point to beta, let-alone an actually path.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by maacaaviityy

15 Euro = 21.749 US Dollar

15 US Dollar (USD) = 11.189 Euro (EUR)

Interbank rate +/- 4%

This means:

You buy 15 Euro : 21.749 US Dollar

You sell 15 Euro : 20.062 US Dollar

You buy 15 US Dollar : 11.189 Euro

You sell 15 US Dollar : 10.336 Euro

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • babacbabac Member UncommonPosts: 179

Did i get this right ? I only have to pay for a sub, and don't have to buy the game and all further expansions ?

• GidionGidion Member UncommonPosts: 66

I would guess the Euro fee includes VAT while the $ price does not.. You know since VAT is standard through out the EU zone while the rest is random...

The price for WAR is 12.99 euro. Is that with our without VAT? If it's not included while MO's price is listed inc VAT that would mean they are about the same...

Originally posted by Gidion

I would guess the Euro fee includes VAT while the $ price does not.. You know since VAT is standard through out the EU zone while the rest is random...
    The price for WAR is 12.99 euro. Is that with our without VAT? If it's not included while MO's price is listed inc VAT that would mean they are about the same...

Good point... it could be..

Everything is down now, forum, website, backup site.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by babac

Did i get this right ? I only have to pay for a sub, and don't have to buy the game and all further expansions ?

not exactly,  here is what is posted on MO news page

"Mortal Online will be sold in 10.000 copies to start with. This is because we want to be able to better control the Beta-phase by administering only one (or two) servers.

Prices will be stated in the shop. They are subject to change.

The shop will accept American Express, JCB, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Direct Debits (in Germanym Netherlands, Spain and Austria), EPS Austria (Austria), Giropay, ING Homepay (Belgium) Paypal, Ukash, Wallie, iDeal (Netherlands), Paysafecard, Sofortuberweisung (Germany, Austria, Switzerland."

there is more but this is the bit about pricing

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by altairzq

Everything is down now, forum, website, backup site.

Yeah, thats understandable, they are probably getting thousands of queries ever few seconds.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• dutchmandutchman Member UncommonPosts: 61

Paypall money converter 4tw, makes euros into dollars 4tw

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Gidion I would guess the Euro fee includes VAT while the $ price does not.. You know since VAT is standard through out the EU zone while the rest is random...

Sometimes that is true, but services that don't have VAT also use 1 dollar = 1 euro. One of the expensive joys of living in Europe.
    (Temp-sticky until server stabilizes).
  • menasuremenasure Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

Originally posted by Gidion

Sometimes that is true, but services that don't have VAT also use 1 dollar = 1 euro. One of the expensive joys of living in Europe.

(Temp-sticky until server stabilizes).

game makers make things a little too convenient. sure there's the joy of having to pay a european tax if you live here but what it comes down to for eu customers is being overcharged every time compared to non european citizens. in the 21th century you would expect that an investment of a few euros would allow even the most deprived book keepers to keep their bills in order lol but this way it looks like they're saving for a supercomputer to do a 1:1 math :p.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

15 euro sub lol, hell naw... keep your game!

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Maybe remove this old info from sticky?

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please do not necromance old threads. Thanks.

Locked.

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.