Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brazilian Friends

GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

I've got a couple of cool kats from Brazil I'm trying to get into Aion.  When they attempt to preorder they get denied due to currency type.  I'm trying to contact NCSoft about the issue, but with the international crowd here I didn't know if someone could give me some feedback sooner.

I want to make sure:

a.) They don't get IP blocked

b.) They can buy Time Cards

What confuses me is that they are able to play LoTRO in NA just fine.  They bought the game, downloaded it, and subscribed for two years...  Yet Aion is denying them.

Thanks!

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
youtube.com/gcidogmeat

Comments

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Maybe you sould use his contact adress and stuff, and not a gamer forum?

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

I asked about this too and it would seem that if your out side US you can NOT play on US servers.. Someone moving to Japan wanted to know the same thing..

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by GoldenDog

I've got a couple of cool kats from Brazil I'm trying to get into Aion.  When they attempt to preorder they get denied due to currency type.  I'm trying to contact NCSoft about the issue, but with the international crowd here I didn't know if someone could give me some feedback sooner.

I want to make sure:
    a.) They don't get IP blocked
    b.) They can buy Time Cards

What confuses me is that they are able to play LoTRO in NA just fine.  They bought the game, downloaded it, and subscribed for two years...  Yet Aion is denying them.
    Thanks!

Weird, like five friends of mine could purchase the game from NCSoft Store just fine, and they're from Brazil.

Are you sure he's using an International Credit Card?

Also, I know the NCSoft stores block purchases of games from countries that have official resellers, in Brazil you have Level Up Games taking care of all NCSoft game sales, although they do not yet offer Aion, so they shouldn't be blocking sales based on this yet.

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Weird, like five friends of mine could purchase the game from NCSoft Store just fine, and they're from Brazil.

Thanks for the feedback.

I informed them of the International credit cards.  I imagine you mean a Mastercard or Visa.  It makes sense because when I went to South Korea and Japan they accepted this as payment.

I've also got a message out to Liv the Aion Community Manager.  When I get a reply from her I'll post it here.  I was hoping this would be a different scenario than someone in Japan because Brazil is a lot closer and I havn't heard anything about an exclusive South American release.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by GoldenDog

Originally posted by EricDanie

Thanks for the feedback.

I informed them of the International credit cards.  I imagine you mean a Mastercard or Visa.  It makes sense because when I went to South Korea and Japan they accepted this as payment.

I've also got a message out to Liv the Aion Community Manager.  When I get a reply from her I'll post it here.  I was hoping this would be a different scenario than someone in Japan because Brazil is a lot closer and I havn't heard anything about an exclusive South American release.

Major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard and Amex in Brazil can come in a "National-only" or an "International" usage. If they are not "International" (you pay a bit extra for this non-standard type, so unless they know they requested it, national-only is the standard type), they don't allow currency convertions, so that's why it's restricted to the brazillian territory (only place that accepts BRL as currency :P). That's probably why they didn't work based on this currency error they received.

• NativityNativity Member Posts: 17

Buyed the game fine (digital only version from www.ncsoft.com online store) with my Banco do Brasil credit card (I'm in Rio) the only restriction is one game box per Visa card, some kind of protection.

But used my adress, billing adress, everything went smoothly (played the Beta3 event).

Asked the support, south america should get the USA version by the way, we won't be blocked by any means.

Best luck irmão,

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96

Even though I currently in the US, I did live in Brasil for years.

To buy the game, they would have to use an international credit card. That is actually not that complicated there.

As far as the IP I have no clue. 

No IP problems, played fine and asked the support by e-mail awhie ago before buying even.

Reason they blocked Europe but didn't blocked South America, the Americas will play on the NA server.

Latency was fine even (1MB Velox Rio).

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Your friends should keep in mind that CA and SA will be getting there own servers (both regions will be combined) in the future (perhaps in 2010).

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

You'll have to buy the gamecards for them and send it to them and you'll have to use an IP address proxy from the United States.

No, not for Brazil, again, we're in the same pool as the NA players.

Used my adress, my credit card for subscription, no blocks as there's no local servers, reason they are holding Europe is to force EU folks to play locally.

Wow also has a latin-america server as well but I'd rather stick with the folks I've been playing in the last decade.

:)

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

Thanks for the replies.  I've forwarded them onto my mates.

It's a good thing I received some feedback here too.  I've heard nothing from my email to NCSoft.

youtube.com/gcidogmeat