Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What faction are you gonna play?

1235»

Comments

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by spector75

The question of what could be dreadful about this game popped up in this post, without getting too much into detail, the game at current is like playing an FPS with a ping of 800...

You can go into first person and it helps, but all and all its just tough. Mobs are designed to be half way smart and they will attempt to strafe you and not take dmg, well mixed with "lag" this becomes an issue when a solo lower level mob can do a doozy on you. I only say "lag" because in most games or betas lag can be an issue, but normally at one time or another you are lucky enough to see what it looks like w/o said "lag" so far not the issue here.

The game itself is well, a new rendition on a sandbox game, sadly at current its very much favoring the "alts" i want to say, or late comers to the game. Its very easy to get high weapon skill, but hard to get a weapon for that skill. Due to the weight of items and such and it being expensive/hard to find, ammo is a PITA and crafters will have there nitche.

I will stop at what i have said so far, as some folks won't like this much and it will be nit picked. I will say this tho, yes the game can improve, the "lag" might be taken care of... you can get over the graphic quality and the overall feel to the game... (low budget). But in a current state, out of the MANY MANY games i have beta tested this one has been the hardest to log in for me. Something about the current game just doesn't grab you, and the world feels like a big turn off.... hard to describe.

Before i get attacked personally i have beta tested just about every mmo in the past 5 years, and worked at SCEA as a QAA (Quality Assurance Annalysist) the game is just rough right now, i would say its actully less enjoyable then SWG was in its beta for those who know the reference. It's a game with potential, and i do wish the best for it and those who plan to stay with it.... But it has a long way to go before it should see the light of day, sadly i belive it won't get the time it needs.

Do you happen to know how to read and understand an NDA?

• Mojito347Mojito347 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by spector75

The question of what could be dreadful about this game popped up in this post, without getting too much into detail, the game at current is like playing an FPS with a ping of 800...

You can go into first person and it helps, but all and all its just tough. Mobs are designed to be half way smart and they will attempt to strafe you and not take dmg, well mixed with "lag" this becomes an issue when a solo lower level mob can do a doozy on you. I only say "lag" because in most games or betas lag can be an issue, but normally at one time or another you are lucky enough to see what it looks like w/o said "lag" so far not the issue here.

The game itself is well, a new rendition on a sandbox game, sadly at current its very much favoring the "alts" i want to say, or late comers to the game. Its very easy to get high weapon skill, but hard to get a weapon for that skill. Due to the weight of items and such and it being expensive/hard to find, ammo is a PITA and crafters will have there nitche.

I will stop at what i have said so far, as some folks won't like this much and it will be nit picked. I will say this tho, yes the game can improve, the "lag" might be taken care of... you can get over the graphic quality and the overall feel to the game... (low budget). But in a current state, out of the MANY MANY games i have beta tested this one has been the hardest to log in for me. Something about the current game just doesn't grab you, and the world feels like a big turn off.... hard to describe.

Before i get attacked personally i have beta tested just about every mmo in the past 5 years, and worked at SCEA as a QAA (Quality Assurance Annalysist) the game is just rough right now, i would say its actully less enjoyable then SWG was in its beta for those who know the reference. It's a game with potential, and i do wish the best for it and those who plan to stay with it.... But it has a long way to go before it should see the light of day, sadly i belive it won't get the time it needs.

Spector, although you might get flamed from the fanboys and not so mature players. I thank you for your well built and very fair analysis of Fallen Earth. i cannot argue about what you wrote and all I can say is that I really hope this game improves. I beleive it is a game with tons of potential. One upside is that the devs really seem to care about their work, and that is a marvelous sign. They are very receptive to input. The game itself has excellen capabilities of being an industry leading sandbox game, and I really feel that is the direction this game should take. Lag will improve with each patch.