Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazing game....

I really have to compliment turbine on such an amazing job well done. This is a game that hardcore LotR fans can be proud of, unlike Star Wars fans (at least for now). I have been trying to make this game my main MMO, but I personally don't like LotR lore much. The combat is also really slow and clunky for my tastes, having played WoW for so many years. I guess it feels more tactical and allows players to think and plan their attacks wisely. I played a Champion to lv 20 and waiting for the next melee swing for my attacks to go off for all my abilities and having no real instant attacks was just too boring...but Im going to give it another go around once the welcome back week goes live. I love the music system (Who doesnt like playing Metallica in front of the Prancing Pony on an RP server) and the housing system is great with neighborhoods.

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Combat really starts to open up (and speed up due to traits and passives and LI) as you advance. My single toon has more useful UTILITY BASED (As in, not just a different set of numbers, but really does something) ability's than I have seen in any other MMO.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

The game is going to get better as the devs implement some of the changes we have kicked, yelled and screamed about in the forums (like the new tokens for first age weapons).  And yes the combat is slow compared to some other games and yes I wish they would improve on that as well. 

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Personally I love this game. I just re-subbed not too long ago and although I am still a low level character (level 13) I am enjoying how different it is now than it was when it launched. I just hope I can find a guild on my server to join and do runs with. It does get boring when your alone, but I am having a blast. If you want to know what server its the only one that starts with a E

• Braastad_X.OBraastad_X.O Member Posts: 6

Yes I really like this, one of the MMO's I have enjoyed the most, but I think they could have made this game to be so much more. 

• Daxx1990Daxx1990 Member Posts: 23

It's a wonderful game, still I'm expecting a lot more in the future.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by solareus

Tell you what, with book 8 you are really relearning your character, shoot, I just learned I have a skill that removes a corruption lol, seriously when did I ever need to know that ! :D
     Also in book 8 TRAITS are a must !!!! no more half assed traiting in these dungeons, or you will get rolled , rolled , rolled lol.
    Also love how Turbine treats the player base with respect and dignity, and doesn't treat us like money tools.

Yea book 8 chapter 3 was a real wake up call for alot of people to learn how to remove Corruptions :D

Things get alot easier when you learn how thoose work and how the different classes can remove the.

For me the combat system is really good and if you want faster combat roll one of the new classes Warden/Rune keeper!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

I bought the game about 6 months ago, but just couldn't get into it.   I was playing WoW at the time, and the combat seemed very slow in LOTRO.  I'd avoided the classes listed as "advanced" because I didn't want to over-do anything when starting out...but man...been playing off-and-on in LOTRO the past few days, then last night, rolled a Warden.  I love that class.  So much so, that my WoW sub runs out today...and I'm not renewing.

Anessen, elf Warden on the Firefoot server.  Say hi if you see me.  =)

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.