Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fix your game- or bring it down.

VeridicVeridic Member Posts: 72

In my quest for a fun leisurely browser game and my current stint here mmorpg.com I came across your game...

1) The opening message tells you to check progress and drag the highlighted skills to your combat bar

- They are already on your bar, no need to drag... at least order the damn skills in the level they come at...

2) No explanation of sparring/battling at all

- There should be opening message(s) that explain how to fight- that battling counts towards your score, but sparring doesn't and that you can level by sparring, you don't have to battle. Also a tidbit about sparring other people who are not online through their auto attack mode instead of leaving people to think they have to spar and lose to your ONE lvl 1 npc...

3) Balance?

- Having tried each of your 3 classes the shaman is by far the most underpowered and the warrior the most over powered because of the insane amount armor values effect damage (As even the damn fireball is mitigated by armor....[either that or you balanced the fireball to do that little damage....])

4) You can't call your game free if you have to pay to get any item over the level 1 set of items...

-Allow players to buy all the basic sets of armor and afford paying players an exp or geldor boost- and if you offer an item it better not be one with a shit ton more armor until you balance that.

5) The battles even in auto mode can sometimes be laggy and freeze

- Come on... its 2d

6) Ranks not even working

- ... yup

6) Pay less advertising this crap

- Spend it on finishing your game instead.

I love the idea of this game, and appreciate its potential... but don't advertise this until it's actually done- possible customers will be discouraged/frustrated and never open your game again.

ALL YOUR PLAYER BASE ARE BELONG TO KITTY!

Comments

• highbornhighborn Disciple StaffMember Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Veridic

In my quest for a fun leisurely browser game and my current stint here mmorpg.com I came across your game...
    1) The opening message tells you to check progress and drag the highlighted skills to your combat bar
    - They are already on your bar, no need to drag... at least order the damn skills in the level they come at...
    2) No explanation of sparring/battling at all
    - There should be opening message(s) that explain how to fight- that battling counts towards your score, but sparring doesn't and that you can level by sparring, you don't have to battle. Also a tidbit about sparring other people who are not online through their auto attack mode instead of leaving people to think they have to spar and lose to your ONE lvl 1 npc...
    3) Balance?
    - Having tried each of your 3 classes the shaman is by far the most underpowered and the warrior the most over powered because of the insane amount armor values effect damage (As even the damn fireball is mitigated by armor....[either that or you balanced the fireball to do that little damage....])
    4) You can't call your game free if you have to pay to get any item over the level 1 set of items...
    -Allow players to buy all the basic sets of armor and afford paying players an exp or geldor boost- and if you offer an item it better not be one with a shit ton more armor until you balance that.
    5) The battles even in auto mode can sometimes be laggy and freeze
    - Come on... its 2d
    6) Ranks not even working
    - ... yup
    6) Pay less advertising this crap
    - Spend it on finishing your game instead.

I love the idea of this game, and appreciate its potential... but don't advertise this until it's actually done- possible customers will be discouraged/frustrated and never open your game again.

Hi Veridic

1. It is wise to check the progress tab to add new skills and distribute points as you level.  

2. There is a game manual, its a blue icon right above the chat bar.

3. The Shaman was designed for advanced players.  While the Warlord is designed for Novices.  While the Shaman may seem a bit underpowered in the begining, you will see as they progress, they become they most powerful class in the game, if you understand how to use the attacks.  Shamans are the squishies in this game.

4. There are items available all the way to level 20 that do not require a paid membership to purchase in the game.  Our game is F2P, and has the same business model as other F2P games.

5. There were some performance issues after launch, but they have all been resolved now. While the graphics are 2D, there is no client to download, and the PvP battles require real time synching.  No other game has done this to date, we are the first. ;)

6. Ranks work quite fine.  You may see people with lower win percentages in higher positions because we use the ELO system.  Ranks are determined by how difficult your opponents are, so if you just spam kill NPCs all day, you may have a higher win percentage, but you will fall down through the ranks.

6. We are working on updates for the game, but if you have issues with performance I would check with your ISP.  The updates we are working on are new pieces of equipment, classes and races.

Goodluck!

• VeridicVeridic Member Posts: 72

As I said, changing the wording on the intro page with properly worded information- I didn't mean for you to restate it here. Just include a little information about the manual or maybe open the progress tab and say this is where you can add points as you level... or just word it right.

Saying that one class is designed for advanced players and another isn't is silly... they are either balanced or they are not- if a properly played shaman at higher levels is the most powerful then there is no reason to play other classes- especially in a pvp driven game-

I tried to purchase the only level 3 weapon and armor as a shaman and it said I had to join to do it... I looked for a next page option to look for more gear and there was none- so I obviously i'm not advanced but I have still yet to find it. Please show me where it is.

As per keeping to the standard of f2p, most f2p games only provide costume armor or bonuses- not viably the ONLY armor at certain levels.

Saying your perfomance issues have been solved is silly- I am directly hooked up to a steady 8 mbps DL and 4 up and it is doing it consistantly... every other game I can play wired, with my laptop wireless, with my 360 streaming netflix and i'm fine. So please don't tell me it is my isp.

Now I did not intend for this to start a battle of kwips- I offered suggestions and you basically came back with "Working as intended" and if that's the case this is not the game for me, or my friends and I will be ok with that. I was hoping however for more receptiveness as I have helped test and logged countless hours of many mmos both browser based and packaged. The fact that you responded says something though...

Note I came to this specific forum and did not start a giant flame fest in general- I am genuinely looking for a good browser mmo and want to see new ones succeed. I was a tad irritated but don't think that my feelings were not well thought out and actual perceptions from my friends and I.

Thanks for your time.

• highbornhighborn Disciple StaffMember Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Veridic

As I said, changing the wording on the intro page with properly worded information- I didn't mean for you to restate it here. Just include a little information about the manual or maybe open the progress tab and say this is where you can add points as you level... or just word it right.
    Saying that one class is designed for advanced players and another isn't is silly... they are either balanced or they are not- if a properly played shaman at higher levels is the most powerful then there is no reason to play other classes- especially in a pvp driven game-
    I tried to purchase the only level 3 weapon and armor as a shaman and it said I had to join to do it... I looked for a next page option to look for more gear and there was none- so I obviously i'm not advanced but I have still yet to find it. Please show me where it is.
    As per keeping to the standard of f2p, most f2p games only provide costume armor or bonuses- not viably the ONLY armor at certain levels.
    Saying your perfomance issues have been solved is silly- I am directly hooked up to a steady 8 mbps DL and 4 up and it is doing it consistantly... every other game I can play wired, with my laptop wireless, with my 360 streaming netflix and i'm fine. So please don't tell me it is my isp.
    Now I did not intend for this to start a battle of kwips- I offered suggestions and you basically came back with "Working as intended" and if that's the case this is not the game for me, or my friends and I will be ok with that. I was hoping however for more receptiveness as I have helped test and logged countless hours of many mmos both browser based and packaged. The fact that you responded says something though...

Note I came to this specific forum and did not start a giant flame fest in general- I am genuinely looking for a good browser mmo and want to see new ones succeed. I was a tad irritated but don't think that my feelings were not well thought out and actual perceptions from my friends and I.

Thanks for your time.

In regards to the wording of the intro message, Your suggestion to mention the game manual is a great idea and is noted.

In regards to class balance, I would suggest you play beyond level 3.  With a Warlord, the combinations of attacks are pretty straight forward: hit your opponent and absorb damage with heavy armor.  As you progress through the game as a Shaman, you will notice rather unique attacks such as buffs and debuffs becoming available.  If these attacks are used at the wrong time, you will be defeated often, however if you use the attacks at the 'right time' you will win more often than not. So essentially while the Shaman does start out a bit weak, as you progress your strategy will simply require a bit more thought.  Another factor in all of this is how you distribute your points (Body Mind Spirit).  As with most RPGs we DID design the game so that its possible to create a broken build, this adds to the fun, but you can always Respec. With all games balance is a never ending chore, however, and though we feel that the game is balanced now, we acknowledge there is ALWAYS room for improvement, and have been making balance updates on a monthly or bi-monthly basis since launch.

In regards to performance, I would suggest a few things:  Please check to see if you have your anti virus settings on ultra high.  Also check if you have adblock running, or any ip blocking software.  In addition to this, if you are playing a real person on the other end, your experience is going to be directly effected by THEIR connection to the internet, as this is all happening in real time.  You will not render any faster than your opponent.  Since Disciple has absolutely no native client running on your machine (or browser plug in) there is always a chance that an error can occur between your connection and our server anywhere on the internet (routing occurs between multiple carriers etc).  In closing we do take performance VERY seriously, and acknowledge that there were a plethora of issues a month ago and before.  We use performance tracking software that details load times for all players and all fights that take place on a daily basis.  While we do see 1 or 2 'freezes' occur in these reports each day, over 90% of the fights that happen load in under 5 seconds and complete without issues.  The other 10% are caused by network anomalies and users with slow connections.

In regards to gear, there is not free gear available at each level, but there is free gear available up until level 20 roughly at every other level.

We do appreciate your feedback, and look forward to more as you continue to play Disciple (we hope you do!).  Also, if you are a facebook user, you will see Disciple on facebook next week, with a huge update to many aspects of the game itself.

Good Luck!

• VeridicVeridic Member Posts: 72

I appreciate the reply- I wish you the best, and I will be continuing to watch as this game progresses. For me though because I can only keep up with paying players every other set of items (meaning most of the time I have to fight other non paying players or prepare to lose) and knowing end game I either pay or don't compete- I won't be playing.

I wish you a successful game! Thanks again for answering my questions/suggestions.