Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Airsoft 6mm bullet guns

Alright i was at my friends house this week he is 14 and so am I. He has this airsoft pellet gun that shoots these little 6mm yellow bullets. Well i was shot it didn't realy hurt just a pinch. Yet i was thinking of buying one but it says 18 and older which i thought stupid because it's not realy harmless. Now what i wanna know is, do you have any of these kind of guns and how old are you and two,  do you realy think you should be 18 to use these?

Achiever 60%
Killer 53%
Explorer 46%
Socializer 40%

Comments

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    I hope your friend gets shot in the eye.

• wootedgewootedge Member Posts: 122
    yes to keep away from u kids shoting each otherimage

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

they're just toys...

I mean, those dart guns are more dangerous, lol

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613

hmm maybe i should say it like this, would it be ok if a nonstupid kid used it

Achiever 60%
    Killer 53%
    Explorer 46%
    Socializer 40%

• FobnebFobneb Member Posts: 1

If it was a wee bit more like paintball, you know protective mask and such, then i dont see why not, but otherwise it would just be retarded

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Ralphie says "You'll shoot your eye out!"

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

If you play Airsoft on a regulation field then they will require eye protection, just like paintball requires a full face mask. I havent owned an airsoft gun but I got my first paintball gun when I was 14, just order them over the internet and you can be pretty much any age as long as your parents let you use their credit card.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

They are clean fun as long as you use goggles. I used to have an airsoft M4A1 that even came with with real military ironsights but I got tired of repairing it so I ebayed it and kept my other 3 AS guns. My only warnings are to not bring them to airports and not to bring them to school. You will- I repeat, you will get tazered.

-----------------

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Fat_BuddhaFat_Buddha Member Posts: 60
    me and my buddy bought pistols and tried airsoft, its fun and were 16, just as long as u wear goggles (pellets wont hurt anything accept ur eyes!) and well weve got the airsoft felever and we now wanna get fully automatic rifles :P hehe

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by dekron

Ralphie says "You'll shoot your eye out!"

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

Haha, I was just about to post that. Great movie.

Anyways, i've seen those airsoft guns you speak of. Just buy some eye goggles or safety glasses and there will be no harm from that thing at all.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

I have played with pellet guns, BB guns, airsoft guns, and paintballs guns, as well as many .22 calliber rifles and several types of pistols from S&W glocks to .45 colt magnums. Being shot by an airsoft gun may leave a bruise at close range but being shot by a BB gun 30 yards away that shoots BBs traveling 1400 feet per second is a completley different experience. Wear goggles!

-----------------

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Paintball all the way!!! Way better then that airsoft. Im sorry to be so rude, but airsoft is for babies ::::28:: My step brother went to airsoft becaue Paintball hurt to much ::::02::

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• Fat_BuddhaFat_Buddha Member Posts: 60

ack dont flame airsoft u paintaball panzie :) hehehe image  i just like airsoft bacuse of how the guns look just like the real ones.. you can have a (non deadly) fully automatic AK with removable clips and evrything... sweet....

In paintball you can put a M16 case on a Tippman 98 Custom, you cant get more real then that ::::28::

Ya the Tippmann markers can generally modded to look like real rifles, and the new Tippmann released last year (damn i cant remember what its called ;_;) looks similar to an MP5. You cant beat the look of an autococker tohugh, the whole black block that moves each time the marker is fired is just plain cool, too bad some of them have insanely hard upkeep (like the one i had -_-)

Do you mean A-5? Thats a nice gun, nice feeder and response trigger comes with it. I dont really like response triggers though, in Woods Ball its just a waste of paint. In Speedball it helps alot.

Ya the A-5 thats the one. The Phantom is the best paintball marker ever made, hands down, period. ::::02::

heh, I havent been paintballing lately but I want to. I have a Tippman 98 Custom. I really like Tippmans, they make some good guns with great prices.

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112
    I'm all for paintball...  but I hate guns.  I'll never see the good that comes from them.  Even in the hands of someone aware of the dangers you still see morons getting killed all the time or killing others.  Read the post on the Darwin Awards... any ideot who shoots himself well... effective removal from the gene pool.  Kid, stick with sometin that shoots a fat ball of paint if you get your kicks bruisin your friends.  

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• emoskater1emoskater1 Member Posts: 16

On the side of it it says "This is not a toy"

But there still fun. Its also illegal to take the orange thing off the point of the gun.

So dont go in public w/ that off, and dont hold a gas station up too. its bad image

And also use eye protection, When my brother was 2 he got shot in the eye w/ a BB gun and hes 17 now and hes been blind in his right eye since then. An airsoft gun will do the same thing.

• JamesBonageJamesBonage Member Posts: 7

Ive had a Gamo pellit gun for like 6 years since I was 14... I bought it at school... I consider it safe... its not airsoft though, shoots real lead pellits or BB's

Airsoft really is a lot of fun once you get the gear. Airsoft is a ton more moddable than paintball. You can get a Spas airsoft shotgun and overclock it to make it fire 6000 pellets a minute. You can mod your M16 burst to full auto and overclock it to fire 1000 feet per second. My favorate is modding a simple airsoft glock into a fully auto glock 18 pistol. I shoot that around the house all the time. It scares the jeepers out of my dogs. :)

-----------------

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    Well if i do get an airsoft gun it will be m4a1 8)

Achiever 60%
    Killer 53%
    Explorer 46%
    Socializer 40%

Ha what kind. That is one of the most moddable airsoft guns. I suggest getting an electric or nitrogen powered M4A1 for your first gun and get some good sights for it. Overclock the motor or use a bigger valve on your nitrogen tank and the BBs will cut through paper plates with ease. I have been modding since I was 15 and airsoft guns are one of my favorate moddable items out there.

-----------------

• CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311

No gun is a good gun. My brother got arrested for firing guns like that around, he had a huge fine. Not a good idea no matter how fun you think it might be.