Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new 51/50 server is live

2»

Comments

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

this 51/50 isn't a bad idea because now there can be two seperate games going on. Previously it probably revolved too much around the endgame- this idea and people can start new characters on a whim knowing it's not as far as from level 1 and it fuels the low 50s game (which has some of the best zones for choice) as well as the progressing endgame..

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by Nadia

I'm not
    but I'm hoping they launch another server in future,  that starts from level  one

im not saying anything bad about the new 51/50 server but personally i would rather start from lvl 1 and enjoy the game instead of it being handed to me halfway.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Originally posted by spades07
    this 51/50 isn't a bad idea because now there can be two seperate games going on. Previously it probably revolved too much around the endgame- this idea and people can start new characters on a whim knowing it's not as far as from level 1 and it fuels the low 50s game (which has some of the best zones for choice) as well as the progressing endgame..

I would say this ideology is more indicative to 'new gen' players, for me as an 'old school' player this is just the 'hurry up and have fun' mode that started the whole craze.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

hmm there will be continued resentment of this server when it was still quite bizarrely chosen over the progression server. Though I did read a new progression server is still coming.

This is where people are grouping and lfg atm:

Ssra
    Chardok
    Dulak's Harbour
    Nadox
    Grieg's End
    Skyfire
    PoJ, PoD, PoI
    BoT
    CoD
    Occasional Ldon -(problem with this is the gear is too good to make challenging)
    HoH
    WestKorlach
    Sebilis
    KC
    Velks
    Rathe mtns?
    The Hole
    CazicThule

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

The server sure appears to have attracted a good sized crowd.  I've heard other returning players say they use this server to test out classes, so they know which ones to create on the regular servers.  There's plenty of good use for Mayong it seems.

It's been over a week now and the server is still very busy, so I'm guessing people like the idea of this server and it isn't just a launch day "let's go check it out" phenomenon.    It's also good to see that folks enjoying PoP+ content, contrary to what others may have said about people quitting after PoP.  I think it really helps having others to group with, like the good 'ol days.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I spent nearly three hours rearranging my spell book, LOL. I was using old saved screen shots. It took quite a while.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

Im still wondering if I should try out the new server.  I've never really gotten a chance to play EQ very much for various reasons, and maybe this would be enjoyable.  How're things going now?

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Busiest server so far, seems to be growing actually as compared to the first week.  Still tons of people grouping and raiding.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Server is still Busy with tons of groups popping up. Just if you can't find one make one there is always LFG people. Zones i have noticed people in, in my travels

PoI

PoF

PoV

BoT

PoM

CoD

Kael

DSH

and guilds are killing raid mobs everyday server messages never seem to stop =P 

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

If anyone wants to group up or something send me a PM.  Or if you're willing to answer my endless questions that would be cool as well. lol

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I find myself wanting to return to EQ and this seems like a great time to do it, but everytime I do the trial I get stuck on how wonky the cam is, and not being able to free look with my left mouse button. 

I wish they could make these controls the same as what is standard now in almost every MMO.  At least they could offer the same cam and free look options as EQ2 does.

If they fixed this or updated this I would resub in a heartbeat.