Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ability to Report People for "Stupidity / Misinformation"

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Can I suggest that the MMORPG.com admins put in an option to report people for spreading misinformation or for just generally making an utterly stupid post? It might end up adding a lot of reports to your pile, but I think it would help in cleaning up the vitriol on these forums.

Comments

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

I'd second this request! 

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

Basically, that's what a troll is, although normally trolls spread misinformation or make stupid posts in order to create a negative atmosphere, denounce their target game, or just because they're bored losers. You can call genuinely misinformed/stupid people "junior trolls" if you want, but in reality, those are the people we should educate, not report.

Edit: If they refuse to be educated and continue to make misinformed/stupid posts, then that is also considered trolling and trolling is already reportable.

• CidinhoCidinho Member Posts: 4

Couldn't have put better. The newbie of today is the leader of your guild of tomorrow.

Sincerely,
    Cidinho

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Devour

Can I suggest that the MMORPG.com admins put in an option to EXECUTE people for spreading misinformation or for just generally making an utterly stupid post? It might end up adding a lot of heads to your pile, but I think it would help in cleaning up the vitriol on these forums.

fixed!

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

In theory this works, but knowing trolls, I could see them abusing this as well.  Probablly by getting people to react in a negative way to something said in "disguised" ignorance.  Lots of people here could fall for that trick... save the veterans who are more to have a quick eye and keen sense due to experience in forums here.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I would like this or even a way to rate someone with a positive or negative so that their posts are burried. Maybe even a ignore list like in MMOs so everyone's opinion you feel is ludicris isn't displayed. If I could remmeber everyone that I feel write utter garbage I'd do the same, not read it.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

I would like this or even a way to rate someone with a positive or negative so that their posts are burried. Maybe even a ignore list like in MMOs so everyone's opinion you feel is ludicris isn't displayed. If I could remmeber everyone that I feel write utter garbage I'd do the same, not read it.

I believe the Block button will allow you to ignore a users posts. You should see it alongside the report post button.

• BrazilMerkinBrazilMerkin Member Posts: 55

I think if you look at the 3 recent MMO launches WAR, AOC & DF, all had big problems. And their forums on this site are ridiculous. Misinformation is coming from both sides. I expect people who are disappointed in a title to be vocal and less than honest in describing the game, but when did the supporters decide to act like that? That to me is just stupid, I have played and loved some really crappy  and unpopular titles, but I didn't go around trying to convince anyone they were fantastic. Someone who likes a game knows it's flaws, every game has some. When people lie about how awful a game is, lying some more about how great it is even more stupid.

You love Broccoli, I hate it. I say it tastes like the Jolly Green Giant's armpit, are you going to go around telling everyone else it's better than Bacon and I am just a H8R?

Srsly

A country raised New Zealand girl can kill, bleed, gut, skin and butcher a sheep in about 40 minutes, the sheep are bigger than a large person ... so be careful about pissing off a NZ country girl.