Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Re-evaluation Begins

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=198497

Two week evaluation for previous subscribers started today.  Most of my friends received emails for it this morning.

In related news, the new trials are gone for the time being:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=198496

I'll be interested to here how the Vets like the game now.

Prax

Comments

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

If I wasn't on holiday tomorrow then on tour with my band after that, I'd give it a go...

But to be honest, I can't imagine enjoying it any more than before. Tortage was brilliant but the game was just bland after that.

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Great, count me in!

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

No email for me yet, but definitely keeping my eyes peeled.

• HoobleyHoobley Member Posts: 421

Sadly they've terminated trial accounts in stead of this.

Although they will enable it at some time in the future.

Please report your findings as returning players.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Well this should be interesting. last January when I resubbed I grew bored in less than 2 weeks so this should give me plenty of time. Installing from Cds and patching as of now, lets see how long it takes just to get into the game.

I miss DAoC

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Patching now, 891MB.

They also offer 20% off on all subs.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

You have to activate your re-evaluation.

www.ageofconan.com/updates/

Click that, and on the top left you should see it.

The game offers 20% off  on recurring subscriptions and reactivations after the free 2 weeks. They are also offering your choice of 3 in-game items including a 20 slot bag, a Totem of Origins, and a ring which increases DPS.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Apparently according to the e-mail.  All vets will recieve a free level 50 as well.

No joke.

"Did you know that you can log in today, create a new character with the class of your choice and see that character instantly turned into a level 50? You can! This onetime offer, per account, allows you to start out a new character without going through the low levels - perfect for trying out a new class! The level 50 character is activated through character creation."

• cc170cc170 Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by marinrider

Apparently according to the e-mail.  All vets will recieve a free level 50 as well.

No joke.

"Did you know that you can log in today, create a new character with the class of your choice and see that character instantly turned into a level 50? You can! This onetime offer, per account, allows you to start out a new character without going through the low levels - perfect for trying out a new class! The level 50 character is activated through character creation."

I havn't got an email yet, but I will take advantage of this. The level 50 thing is really suprising. I guess I get to try out LoTRo and AoC for free :).

Playing:WoW, GA
    Played:WoW,WAR,AoC,EQ,CoH,GW,EVE,Aion
    Want to play:SW:TOR

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556
    Originally posted by cc170

Originally posted by marinrider

No joke.

I havn't got an email yet, but I will take advantage of this. The level 50 thing is really suprising. I guess I get to try out LoTRo and AoC for free :).

Upon further reading, all you need is a level 50 to get a free one.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Awesome news. The level 50 option has been a dream. The content is rich and full of stuff to do including having instant horse access, crafting and a small curve to end game.

WOOT

Wife is reactivating and son just joined today...

• SolatarSolatar Member UncommonPosts: 46

You also get a free character move, which I intend on using. Anyone know which pvp and pve servers are the most active?

Checked my account and had the option to re-activate.

Re-activated, but my account still shows as Frozen, even though the promotional items were added, etc.. (I chose a 1 month sub following re-activation through the vet promotion.

Is this consistent with the experiences others have had? or should be account be showing as playable, instead of frozen, after reactivating? can any confirm?

Originally posted by Solatar

You also get a free character move, which I intend on using. Anyone know which pvp and pve servers are the most active?

Moved all my characters to Cimmera, highly recommend it for PVP. Set is the server of choice for PVE.

Hope that helps.

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 Member Posts: 152

I can say that Wiccana is one of the best PvE.  Not sure about PvP though.

Prax

• strutter78strutter78 Member Posts: 90

darn, at work so I can't check my email at home...but definatly going to take advantage of this...and 20% off for resubbing? sweet thats $12 a month unless my math is wrong....have a 60 day time card that I haven't used yet and was going to resub with that, but this way i'll be able to tell if its worth coming back for. I enjoyed AoC during my time in(beta - 8 months after launch) but the folks I was playing with went back to WoW or War, so it got lonely in there and so I went to War also. But if the games improved, then they may get this vet back for the long haul.

"I'm a Alpha male on Beta blockers"-The Immortal George Carlin

RIP
    Ronnie James Dio 2010(The greatest Voice in Rock)

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

definiately gonna do

edit 1 - feels weird looking at my old char lol

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I was about to sub as well lol, I guess they saved me a few dollars in case I don't chose to stick around. Already logged in and joined a couple pvp matches, I actually had a blast (surprisingly). I'm definitely liking the new stats on equipment.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrazilMerkinBrazilMerkin Member Posts: 55

Patching now, their patcher is still rubbish. Been waiting for this for a while.

A country raised New Zealand girl can kill, bleed, gut, skin and butcher a sheep in about 40 minutes, the sheep are bigger than a large person ... so be careful about pissing off a NZ country girl.

Tyranny for PvP, but full of gankers, Cimmeria for PvP with class (RP server) Wiccana and Set for PvE (Wiccana also more RP than Set...Set is more Raid)

Cheers

• REKOIREKOI Member Posts: 16

I just got the email, and Im going to use the trial. I stopped playing few months ago.

I just noticed that my account has a 1 Month Recurring sub, Funcom you sneaky bastard.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by BrazilMerkin

Patching now, their patcher is still rubbish. Been waiting for this for a while.

Might be a little load heavy right now, just a guess so do not flip. Updated last week while on a regular trial, only took 20min or so to download the almost 900mb patch.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by BrazilMerkin

I reinstalled from the original disks as I made my first  post in this thread and to be honest I was doing some household chores and wasted appx 15 minutes switching disks. The went to the grocers while it was patching, as of now I am on patch 4 of 4 and it is cycling between 200 and 900 KB/s so at the worst I figure 45 minutes to a hour left.

I miss DAoC

I must be a fanatic then. Every game I "may" go back to I keep patched. So, anytime I need to update (did DDO and EQ2 about a month ago), the game is ready to roll.

Also, of note, if you can still find it. Download the trial client, which will patch much faster (unless THAT is slow for you also...lol)

Cheers

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Originally posted by openedge1
    I must be a fanatic then. Every game I "may" go back to I keep patched. So, anytime I need to update (did DDO and EQ2 about a month ago), the game is ready to roll.
    Also, of note, if you can still find it. Download the trial client, which will patch much faster (unless THAT is slow for you also...lol)
    Cheers

I think there is a link to download the client (trial maybe) from within your account under the re-activation link.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.