Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the SOLO gameplay ..

Gothic0420Gothic0420 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Poll : Q. Do you think that the solo game play will kill the grouping ?

Will the solo gameplay kill the FF grouping that we came  to love and miss?

Or will it be no groups unless its a Raid boss?

if so, Give me back my grind anyday and take out that cookie cutter mmos as of late.

What do you think? will it or will it not.

[/url]

Comments

• Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Gothic0420

Poll : Q. Do you think that the solo game play will kill the grouping ?
    Will the solo gameplay kill the FF grouping that we came  to love and miss?
    Or will it be no groups unless its a Raid boss?
    if so, Give me back my grind anyday and take out that cookie cutter mmos as of late.
    What do you think? will it or will it not.

No i do not think so. I believe it provides options. I would think that partying in a group would give you a lot more xp than solo. So it would depend on the users situation. For instance, if you are sitting on invite, if you can level. Go solo until you recieve your invite. Another would be no one from your static party is available but you have an hour to kill, you can solo.  It should be used as wished. But for a person that is advocates group partying, I would rather do the latter than solo. But that is me. Some may just want to solo.

• Gothic0420Gothic0420 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Some may just want to solo.

Then why play a MMO? why not just play a RPG. setting forth a mmo to be set to a solo player tears out the MMO and just puts up a game thats not set for a MMO type of play.

[/url]

Then why play a MMO? why not just play a RPG. setting forth a mmo to be set to a solo player tears out the MMO and just puts up a game thats not set for a MMO type of play.

Maybe they (Square Enix) are targeting people that have never played MMO's and want to figure things out on their own before playing.... Or maybe they are RPG'ers and love Final Fantasy and want to experience what we did in FFXI. Maybe not so much of the social aspect.

I can imagine that the loner in Valkurm leveling on their own and all of the sudden they get a /tell. Then they get asked if they would like to party. Bam! they are in a party and now they are digging it. Cause to be honest, we were all RPG'ers at first, then they gave us MMO's. Maybe this gives the loyal RPG'ers an opportunity to experience what Square has envisioned.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Considering there is no XP and the game is revolving around story and such...

Anyone expecting FFXI part 2 is going to be disappointed.

Thank God, IMO.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

If they make it like soloing in FFXI, nothing substantial will happen to grouping

If they make it like soloing in WoW, god help us all.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    Originally posted by heerobya

Call it what you will. There will be some kind of leveling involved in this game. I would gather that Square Enix is going to focus more on the lines of Grouping which means more advancement. If you Solo, it will slow your advancement just not as much. Remember you could only Solo till level 10 in FFXI. Unless you were a BLM or a BST.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Soloing as killed grouping on most if not all games, maybe on  the whole mmorpg multiverse.   Grouping is much like... already dead.  A new game can only hope to resucitate it, for short periods of time, for a limite set of people that miss it.  But If you make a game fun, the soloers will come, and will ruin it for all of us. 

• PhyluxiaPhyluxia Member Posts: 146

Because when i get home late at night and i have 30 minutes before i go to bed, i dont want to have to spend time seeking out a group and then say "oh... btw... i only have like 20 minutes with y'all, so deal"...

or... i may want to play at 5am in the morning when not many people are around...

or... i hate everyone at the moment, so go away and dont talk to me...

As well, dont believe for a second that just because someone is soloing that means they're not actively adding to the community. For example, a pure soloer still sells items on the AH. They still actively participate in adding to whatever community resources the game may require (city building, guild xp, w/e the game offers). etc etc etc. Their existence still adds to the world.

Originally posted by heerobya

Anyone expecting FFXI part 2 is going to be disappointed.

Thank God, IMO.

Sorry but FFX1 was good and a part 2 would be great IMO!!

Originally posted by Hyanmen

If they make it like soloing in FFXI, nothing substantial will happen to grouping

If they make it like soloing in WoW, god help us all.

This is what I do not want. Only time when a group gets tossed together is to take down a raid boss. Where is the grouping the lving the friendship.

That`s what made FFx1 so great even if you hated the Grind the party in it made me what I am today with MMOs.

[/url]

As well, dont believe for a second that just because someone is soloing that means they're not actively adding to the community. For example, a pure soloer still sells items on the AH. They still actively participate in adding to whatever community resources the game may require (city building, guild xp, w/e the game offers). etc etc etc. Their existence still adds to the world.

I`m not talking about what they bring to the table or participating in I`m talking about the Way mmo gameplay is and how soloing will take the front sit to ffxiv and put party/group play in the back.

I like group games. ( city building , guild xp , raid bosses , xp party , pvp raids , etc etc . Thats the existence that adds to a MMO not just a soloer that brings in.

[/url]

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

If its even Close to Wow, War, Aoc then were screwed... Saddly they have Sighted all three games.

But I will Keep the Faith till we see more Data.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• OmrieOmrie Member UncommonPosts: 116

I hope they do a good job on the solo gameplay, I've been playing FFXI for years, and I still havent been able to complete most of the expansions story lines. I just don't have the time to wait for a big group  of people, then actually do the mission.

Hopefully this time, when doing some sort of boss fight, bcnm (whatever) there will be an option for solo, or group.

Originally posted by Omrie

I hope they do a good job on the solo gameplay, I've been playing FFXI for years, and I still havent been able to complete most of the expansions story lines. I just don't have the time to wait for a big group  of people, then actually do the mission.
    Hopefully this time, when doing some sort of boss fight, bcnm (whatever) there will be an option for solo, or group.

These issues can be solved without being lazy and just making it possible for players to solo them with the expense of groupers.

I hope SE isn't lazy D:

Well, I guess what I'm saying is: If you have friends, it would be nice to have the option to do a boss battle, fight. etc with your friends, but also have the option to do it on your own.

I don't think giving people a solo option would kill grouping. As long as you can make buddies then the option will always be there to group.

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

Yes solo will destroy grouping and make it just another mmo... BUT in few interviews i read they mention in 1 that they lost many customers on 11 because the start of the game was hard so they said will be easier till level 20 and solo too but after that []party[] []can I have it?[] so dont think se will go become another solommo, its just the introduction of the game that will be solowise and also the great system called level sync will be there for you to be able to party with friends of any level.

Well, I guess what I'm saying is: If you have friends, it would be nice to have the option to do a boss battle, fight. etc with your friends, but also have the option to do it on your own.

Why do it on your own if you could do it in a group (just as easily) though? 

Why do it on your own if you could do it in a group (just as easily) though? 

Because sometimes people just don't feel like grouping. Not everyone has loads of amounts of time to dedicate to a game. If you feel you do have the time though, sure, go ahead and group.

Some players also just like to do certain things on their own. It should be up to a player to decide if they wan't to group up, or go it alone. imo.

Because sometimes people just don't feel like grouping. Not everyone has loads of amounts of time to dedicate to a game. If you feel you do have the time though, sure, go ahead and group.
    Some players also just like to do certain things on their own. It should be up to a player to decide if they wan't to group up, or go it alone. imo.

The part in the brackets is impooortant. 'Just as easily' = won't require loads of time!

But eh, I know whatcha mean, but I don't agree that missions should be one of those 'certain things', and certainly not everything should be like that.

Meh, I guess they could make a different storyline for soloers though- group fights a leviathan on a ship, while the solo guy takes a detour on the land and gets attacked by some bandits or something, but ultimately both paths would lead up to the same place.

Still don't think that'd be good thou.

The part in the brackets is impooortant. 'Just as easily' = won't require loads of time!

But eh, I know whatcha mean, but I don't agree that missions should be one of those 'certain things', and certainly not everything should be like that.

Meh, I guess they could make a different storyline for soloers though- group fights a leviathan on a ship, while the solo guy takes a detour on the land and gets attacked by some bandits or something, but ultimately both paths would lead up to the same place.

Still don't think that'd be good thou.

I see, I just don't remember the last time I got a group for exp/missions, etc in FFXI "easily".

I don't see how soloing would effect people wanting to group up with their friends. Do you think maybe to many people would want to solo, making it harder for people to group up? Is that your argument?

I see, I just don't remember the last time I got a group for exp/missions, etc in FFXI "easily".
    I don't see how soloing would effect people wanting to group up with their friends. Do you think maybe to many people would want to solo, making it harder for people to group up? Is that your argument?

That's understandable, because in FFXI it isn't really 'easy' :P. There's looooots of things SE can do to improve it in FFXIV, to make it so close to soloing that you might not even notice the difference in time spent doing things!

Hm. It won't affect people wanting to group up with their friends, but it will affect people wanting to group up with other people. You'll get less friends overall, too, if some choose to solo the missions instead.

Then there's the balance factor, when dev team has to spend lot more time thinking how soloers can beat this particular mission like groupers do. I'd rather have them not care about that and make more group based missions instead, that are (almost) as accessible as soloing them would be, only difference being that you do the mission in a group.

That's understandable, because in FFXI it isn't really 'easy' :P. There's looooots of things SE can do to improve it in FFXIV, to make it so close to soloing that you might not even notice the difference in time spent doing things!

Hm. It won't affect people wanting to group up with their friends, but it will affect people wanting to group up with other people. You'll get less friends overall, too, if some choose to solo the missions instead.

Then there's the balance factor, when dev team has to spend lot more time thinking how soloers can beat this particular mission like groupers do. I'd rather have them not care about that and make more group based missions instead, that are (almost) as accessible as soloing them would be, only difference being that you do the mission in a group.

Well, of course FFXI Isn't an easy game, but forcing people to group up is a bit much if you don't have the time.

As for the mission running for people who just want to just do a mission with other people, That is all ready in FFXI, and not everyone is able to progress as they'd like because of having to wait for loads of people to join your group and do the mission with you. Consider also you might have work the next day and you don't want to spend half of your free day off just preping, finding members. etc. for a 1-2 hour mission.

The devs at SE do a great job, and I don't think they'll really run into much problems in making, a mission slightly different for a soloer. It's their job to make the game fun for everyone, not just one set group of player.

Well, of course FFXI Isn't an easy game, but forcing people to group up is a bit much if you don't have the time.

As for the mission running for people who just want to just do a mission with other people, That is all ready in FFXI, and not everyone is able to progress as they'd like because of having to wait for loads of people to join your group and do the mission with you. Consider also you might have work the next day and you don't want to spend half of your free day off just preping, finding members. etc. for a 1-2 hour mission.

The devs at SE do a great job, and I don't think they'll really run into much problems in making, a mission slightly different for a soloer. It's their job to make the game fun for everyone, not just one set group of player.

Maybe it`s me but did you guys/gals play FFx1 when it came out? I max 4 jobs in 6 mts. Had no problem getting a group/party to help with missions or to get my god gear.

Seems most here that played FFX1 played years later when most have lved there toon to their job lv and sub job to fix what they wanted.

[/url]

Maybe it`s me but did you guys/gals play FFx1 when it came out? I max 4 jobs in 6 mts. Had no problem getting a group/party to help with missions or to get my god gear.

Seems most here that played FFX1 played years later when most have lved there toon to their job lv and sub job to fix what they wanted.

You obviously had a lot of time on your hands, but to each their own, right? That's what I'm trying to get at though, you should feel free to do things when you want to do them.

If you want to do a mission in a group, fine, but if you want to do it solo, that should be fine too.

Do I think solo game-play would kill grouping? Of course not. I think you will always have people who will want to look for group, and do things with other people. If people decide to solo that should be their own business, and they shouldn't have to feel forced for the sake of progressing to group up if they don't want to.

• MarmatagMarmatag Member Posts: 4

the concept of 5 people standing around while one person fetches a mob, and returns to "camp" with it died with the birth of WoW. This is a good thing.

In FFXI they cloned EQ. It's en vogue to clone WoW nowadays, so i'm hoping the game will be mostly solo, with grouping only done for hard quests, and fun. The NEED to group gets old faster than not needing to group to progress.

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48

If you dont have the time to wait for a party in a MMORPG dont get the game. Whats the point of playing an online game just to solo, to show off?