Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how long till Israel bombs Iran?

<Mod Edit>

Copyright and Press Material

Reposting material in its entirety from other sources is against our rules. Quotations from things such as news articles are fine, provided it is cited and (if possible) linked to. We ask others to respect our content and ask our readers do the same for other people's content.

Copied materials need to be cited per our policies.   I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Surfrider

gamertag - Swaffle House

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Keep in mind that VP Biden is a gaffe-o-matic.  If he said that, I'm sure it was unauthorized.  President Obama will never give Israel the green light to attack Iran.  If anything, I think Obama sides with Iran over Israel.

That being said, Israel will ignore any strong arming coming from Washington if it feels its national security is at stake.  Who knows when it will attack Iran.  Whenever it is, it will be at the point when it believes it cannot wait any longer.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Not long.

Saudis give nod to Israeli raid on Iran

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6638568.ece

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Precusor

Not long.

If that's true, shame on them.

?

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

now i dunno much about politics down there. But wouldnt that also green light lebanon and syria to attack israel?

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

How long till Israel bombs Iran?

How long is a piece of string?

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by tvalentine

now i dunno much about politics down there. But wouldnt that also green light lebanon and syria to attack israel?

Lebanon's government is complicated.   While Hezbollah is a force in Lebanon.  Lebanon itself will not attack Israel. 

And Syria has close relations to Iran but I don't think they are stupid.   Last time they attacked Israel they lost a chunk of their country.   I think they would stay on the side lines.

• PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

Not long.

Saudis don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons either.   Very pragmatic move on their part.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

When Israel bombed Iraq back in the 80's, not one of them did a damn thing about it.  They all cried fowl though.

Israel can take care if herself just fine, all she needs to do it stop worrying what the US thinks.

I'll never forget Barbara Walters interviewing Sadam after it too... She would refer to him as "Your excellency" over and over in the interview...  what a laugh

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    Originally posted by Porfat

Lebanon's government is complicated.   While Hezbollah is a force in Lebanon.  Lebanon itself will not attack Israel. 

And Syria has close relations to Iran but I don't think they are stupid.   Last time they attacked Israel they lost a chunk of their country.   I think they would stay on the side lines.

Unless they want it back.

I think we could expect Syria to share intelligence with Iran, radar detections for example. Lebanon's ruling party is Hesbollah, they also have just installed SAM and radars in the Beka valley.

Syria has a new S 400 SAM system installed at the Russian naval base, I don't think Israel will be attacking them again for some time. Russia has promised to defend their airspace.

I'm not sure any of these countries want Iran to go nuclear however.

Originally posted by baff

I think we could expect Syria to share intelligence with Iran, radar detections for example. Lebanon's ruling party is Hesbollah, they also have just installed SAM and radars in the Beka valley.

Syria has a new S 400 SAM system installed at the Russian naval base, I don't think Israel will be attacking them again for some time. Russia has promised to defend their airspace.

your last line is what really makes me think that they ALL want something done about Iran, but don't know how to do it without looking like infighting between them...

I think secrety some of those countries hope Israel will attack Iran, then they can be happy about it while still showing support for Iran and condemn the attacker.

Originally posted by AkaJetson

Not long.

I wasn't aware of this either, but I can't say that I'm surprised.  Saudi Arabia is Sunni and Iran is Shia, which is reason enough for bad blood between them right there.  On top of that, Iran is not an arab nation and most arab nations are not too thrilled with Iran trying to meddle in arab affairs.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Biden...he was the one who said that the international community was in agreement that Iraq had WMDs prior to the invasion and that the evidence was not cooked up by the Bush administration. 

My youtube MMO gaming channel

Originally posted by Chieftan

Biden...he was the one who said that the international community was in agreement that Iraq had WMDs prior to the invasion and that the evidence was not cooked up by the Bush administration. 

Speaking of WMDs, did anyone hear about the report declassified by the FBI on Saddam Hussein?  Turns out he intentionally allowed the world to think he had them because he didn't want to be perceived as weak by Iran.  He had always considered Iran to be a bigger threat to Iraq than the United States.  So I guess that pretty much explains why every intelligence agency in the world reached the same conclusion about his weapons program.

Originally posted by Zindaihas

Speaking of WMDs, did anyone hear about the report declassified by the FBI on Saddam Hussein?  Turns out he intentionally allowed the world to think he had them because he didn't want to be perceived as weak by Iran.  He had always considered Iran to be a bigger threat to Iraq than the United States.  So I guess that pretty much explains why every intelligence agency in the world reached the same conclusion about his weapons program.

Now c'mon fellers...

if you go spoutin stuff off like this you'll mess up the liberal bashing staple against Bush!  Iraq was ALL bush's fault, don't you forget it!

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

In his memoirs My Years as Prime Minister, former Prime Minister of Canada Jean Chrétien wrote:

"All I knew for certain was that I wouldn't have been able to convince a judge of the municipal court in Shawinigan (a small town in Quebec) with the evidence I was given,"

U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix in March 2004:

When asked why, if those weapons had been destroyed, would Saddam have continued to let the world believe he still possessed them at the risk of losing his country? Blix surmised that the bluffing was a cheap and effective deterrent. "[The Iraqis] didn't mind the suspicion from the neighbors - it was like hanging a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the dog' when you don't have a dog," he speculated.

There were only a few "intelligence agencies" that reached those conclusions about Saddam's WDM program - can you guess which ones?

To the OP:  Bombing will never happen.  Irans defense strategy is a very large missle program - it's VERY LARGE and Isreal is very close and very small.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Every intelligence agency in the world concluded he probably didn't have any, and then some governments lied.

Originally posted by Faxxer

your last line is what really makes me think that they ALL want something done about Iran, but don't know how to do it without looking like infighting between them...

I think secrety some of those countries hope Israel will attack Iran, then they can be happy about it while still showing support for Iran and condemn the attacker.

And not so secretly all of those countries hope that Iran will wipe Israel off the map.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Every intelligence agency in the world concluded he probably didn't have any, and then some governments lied.

Not according to Joe Biden.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

Never heard of him.

• billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

...who just won a disputed re-election...
    You must have forgotten the US 2000 election, decided by our own black robed clergy!
    California declined to count their absentee ballots; Florida Democrats rejected thousands of votes by U.S. service men and women; and Democrats nationwide garnered illegal votes from non-citizens and felons. If these situations had not occurred, Al Gore might not have the popular vote either.

Most Americans can correctly judge the motives of a candidate who declares "let every vote count", then pursues a selective process to add or fabricate votes in supportive Florida counties and disqualify legal votes in opposing counties.
    Since the scam was allowed to work in the US, why do you object to it in Iran?

from the 12 Danish Jyllands-Posten cartoons
    image ref

Ya Muhammad
    Moslems visiting the grave of Muhammad (June 8, 632ce, Medina, Saudi Arabia) recite As-salatu as-salamu ‘alayka, Ya Rasulu l-Lah "Greetings and peace be upon you, O Messenger of God".
    Green Dome Mosque

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

We could do a contest and the one closest to the date Iran is bombed gets a prize. But we need a sponsor for the prize.