Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remnants of Vanadiel - Recruiting thread -

Dear future players of Final Fantasy XIV.

If you are interested in joining a guild pre release and have played Final Fantasy XI before feel free to join the Remnants of Vanadiel, we are aiming to be a semi hardcore guild specifically created for having fun while still achieving a good reputation for being a strong guild, any age is accepted as long as you have played FFXI before and any members who join will be given $5 towards their pre order of FFXIV when pre order is avaidable, either message me personally or go to our guild page on the guild tab of MMORPG for further information, you can join by asking here, messaging me or applying on the guild page.

Hope to talk and play with you soon ^-^

Comments

• bacfirebacfire Member Posts: 4

Can we sign up under multiple names and get lots of money? :D

^^^ That's my thumb ^^^
  • Robert1971Robert1971 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I would like to join your guild. I've played ffxi for 4 years now and look forward to playing ffxiv. My jobs were lvl 75 RDM and 75 WHM. I look forward to being a part of a growing linkshell group in ffxiv.

Maxrobert1971

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

Nothing come free in this world...

what is the thing you want from such investment?

none

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

yah i dont think anyones falling for the 5$ thing...i know im gunna be on this game day one (being a longtime FFXI player and FF fan) but if you were an FFXI player you would know there is no GUILDS....its Linkshells.

• Shin-RaShin-Ra Member Posts: 82

Recruitment is to soon + if i wanted a guild i'll join one in warcraft. I'm looking for a Linkshell 

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Huh? did I miss an announcement? I dont recal any information on wheather FFXIV will have a "guild" or "linkshell" or some new name.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by toddze

Huh? did I miss an announcement? I dont recal any information on wheather FFXIV will have a "guild" or "linkshell" or some new name.

There hasn't been but since its been announced that so many thing in FFXIV will be similar to XI witha  few tweaks here and there, I and many others are assuming that Linkshells will be back, but maybe with a few more options.

Not like its hard to change the word Linkshell to something else if thats not it come XIV. 

Oh and bribery to join your umm guild.....rofl

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Shin-Ra

Recruitment is to soon + if i wanted a guild i'll join one in warcraft. I'm looking for a Linkshell 
     Sorry to say a Linkshell is a GUILD.  It has the same meaning just a different term for a different game. Doesn't matter if you call it a Guild, Linkshell, Clan, hell Team if you even wish it is understood what the person meant. So stop being cry baby fanboys if someone else calls it a guild. I say the top 3 I mentioned and even sometimes in the same sentences.Why? Because I have played FFXI for about 3 years straight and off and on for  my last 3 years, and on multiple occasions I played FFXI and WoW at the sametime, also several other FPS/TPS on 360 and PS3. So I say Clan, Guild, Linkshell when I am talking on FF11 and noone except the lil fanboys complain about me not calling it a Linkshell.

Enough Said.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

A Linkshell is quite different from a Guild. 

With a Linkshell you can be in as many as you choose on the same character, {well I think they allow you to be in 64 different ones and no more} of which you can enter/exit any of them whenever you choose, and not be tied down too any one!  Heck you can just not equip one as well if you want a break from a colored pearl next to your name...heh! 

With a Guild you're stuck in that one you join and the only way to join another is leave the one your currently in thus breaking your commitment and membership to them!  Guilds also seem to present a ton of unnessesary options that feels like an annoying micro-management-game which isn't much fun! 

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Khrymson

A Linkshell is quite different from a Guild. 
    With a Linkshell you can be in as many as you choose on the same character, {well I think they allow you to be in 64 different ones and no more} of which you can enter/exit any of them whenever you choose, and not be tied down too any one!  Heck you can just not equip one as well if you want a break from a colored pearl next to your name...heh! 
    With a Guild you're stuck in that one you join and the only way to join another is leave the one your currently in thus breaking your commitment and membership to them!  Guilds also seem to present a ton of unnessesary options that feels like an annoying micro-management-game which isn't much fun! 

Its not quite different, the only difference is that you can have multiple LS's other than that its the same principle.

One could argue that if you have multiple LS's your not commited to one anyways.

Guild options if done right are a good thing.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Good recruitment thread, this is great 5 dollars....what if 200 people sign up? 500 or 1000? Either way, if I sign up, I don't want your money....I just want to be in a big guild, linkshell, legion.

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98

@Khrymson

Well Ya it is the principle of what a Linkshell stands for. You can have multiple LS in FFXI but that also goes along with the fact in FFXI you usually only have 1 Character, and that character is everyjob/class whatever you want to call it in one. Only your high level Jobs can do stuff with end game content LS's. So it makes sense you can have multiple LS on that game. But Generally speaking, A Linkshell in principle is the same thing a guild is, with a different name, A group of players who play together to help each other one way or another, whether it is completely Social, (PvP for some games and even ballista teams on FFXI),End Game, or whatever else strikes your fancy.

Basically is all I am saying is for people to stop ranting and raving on people who call a LS a guild or a clan, because they pretty much represent the same thing, even if it is different in other ways. They aren't insulting the game by calling it a guild, so quit treating it as if they are attacking the game you enjoy. Especially in this post, this guy is Recruiting members from Final Fantasy 11 who plan to play Final Fantasy 14, and his Guild/Clan/LS name has a nice ring to it. Most of us here are excited and looking forward to playing Final Fantasy XIV so lets quit with any drama that might occur for no good reason. Either you want to join with this guy, join his website, meet the people by talking through forums and play with each other when the game comes out, or shut up and forever hold your peace.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

^AMEN?

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48

I'll join. I played FFXI for about 4 years off and on after launch. I'm positive I will be pre-ordering FFXIV but you can keep the $5 lol.

But, I'd like

awesome, thnkas

• ZelgatoZelgato Member Posts: 2

Just to point out something since half of you seem to jump to conclusions and peck apart.  Just because this guild offers a incentive for joining does not mean it comes from his pocket.

Many MMORPGs have deals with employees of partner companies to attempt to get more people to join so they give incentives to groups of people joining the employee of that partner company.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

$5?  I bet a roll a female toon and grab some serious gold out of ya lol