Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is death handled?

EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Is there a big experience hit upon dying in Aion? How bout during PvP? Can you be looted, suffer armor and weapon degrading, etc?

Thanks

Comments

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

You actually suffer XP loss when you die.  There is a "Soul Healer" nearby, so you can pay gold in order to not lose your XP.

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

How big is the penalty ?

im downloading the game now its taken bloody ages im at 37% >_< its going since earlyer today yawn...

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Originally posted by madeux
    You actually suffer XP loss when you die.  There is a "Soul Healer" nearby, so you can pay gold in order to not lose your XP.

Thanks. Is gold hard to come by? Do you need copper and silver to build up to gold?

How death is handled is pretty much the deciding factor for me.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

I'd tell you but I haven't died yet so far :P.

Gold doesn't seem hard to come by. It's some unique currency (Kinah) so you don't need to build up silver and stuff first, it's just gold (Kinah).

Ok just died (agroed 3 mobs haha).

I lost like 700xp when I died, then 700xp when I released and respawned at town. (So I assume you don't lose as much XP if you get ressed on the spot).

It cost like 550g for me to get back all of the XP I lost.

For record:

Current XP to Level: 52,435
    Current Gold ammount: 12,000 (and I've been buying a lot of these power shards).

So it's not harsh at all.

Very nice. Thanks. Doesn't sound so bad at all. No hits to equipment or anything either?

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Nope ... items dont have durability.

Originally posted by Effect
    Very nice. Thanks. Doesn't sound so bad at all. No hits to equipment or anything either?

Yeah no durability hits (since it doesn't exist).

I think the only real loss is if you die in PvP (not sure if you have to be at abyss or not) you will lose some of your Abyss points (kind of the games "Honor Points" or whatever). So there will be a bit of a threat in PvP but PvE not as much.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Originally posted by HongKong
    <Mod edit>

hee hee, your silly

Originally posted by Nadril

I think the only real loss is if you die in PvP (not sure if you have to be at abyss or not) you will lose some of your Abyss points (kind of the games "Honor Points" or whatever). So there will be a bit of a threat in PvP but PvE not as much.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Decided to give it a shot and did the pre-order and I'm not installing the game. Through the launcher seems the only way. So insanely slow this way and I'm on cable. At the rat things are going it might be done by tomorrow morning I think.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Originally posted by Nadril

Gotcha. Thanks.

Decided to give it a shop and did the pre-order and I'm not installing the game. Through the launcher seems the only way. So insanely slow this way and I'm on cable. At the rat things are going it might be done by tomorrow morning I think.

Check around, there is a way of messing with the d/loader and getting better speed out of it but yeah i was d/oading about 300kps and took me 5 hrs on dsl.

• KhaunsharKhaunshar Member UncommonPosts: 349

You respawn at your bind location (or the nearest one?), you pay a sum in money if you want to get rid of the xp penalty (this does become a bit more expensive later on, but never a huge hit, its not unlike repair costs in WoW in terms of how much it impacts your cashflow, back in classic/BC days), and the higher level you get, the longer a pretty nasty slowing debuff lasts which you can also get rid of through the soul healer NPC.

In PvP, you also lose Abyss Points/Rank, and whatever damage/killing rights you had on NPCs you were fighting (ie your damage doesnt count anymore when figuring out who wins the DPS race for loot rights)

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403
    Originally posted by Khaunshar

You respawn at your bind location (or the nearest one?)

I can say with 100% accuracy, you definatly respawn at your bind location, NOT closest :(.

• VABeachDaveVABeachDave Member Posts: 228

Actually in addition to the experience loss, you also have a 40 second movement debuff put onto you as well. If you do pay the soul healer to regain your xp back she also removes the debuff too. There is always a soul healer right next to the Obelisk you res at.

Fan sites:
    AION-On-Line.com
    aionicthoughts.wordpress.com/
    www.aionarmory.com/
    www.aionglobal.com/
    www.aionsource.com/
    www.areyouhellbound.com/forum/
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253
    www.onrpg.com/

Official sites:
    www.ncsoft.com/global/
    www.aiononline.com/us/
    eu.aiononline.com/en/

• Harpy_LadyHarpy_Lady Member Posts: 137

There is an item that will temporarily let you bind somewhere other than at an obelisk. I found it on a vendor in Sanctum.